View Poll Results: Are you better off today then you were 3 years ago?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    78 75.73%
  • No

    25 24.27%
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 303

Thread: Are you better off today then you were 3 years ago?

  1. #161
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,409

    Re: Are you better off today then you were 3 years ago?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Facts don't change in a year friend, in fact things are even worse now friend.
    Just keep saying that to yourself maybe it will come true...or you could man up and admit that Obama did not do such a bad job after all.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    07-11-14 @ 06:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,025

    Re: Are you better off today then you were 3 years ago?

    Are you better off today, THAN you were 3 years ago?

    Answer: Of Course, I am much better off today, than I was three years ago. Is that not obvious?


    Neocons no longer control the White House. That is the Number #1 reason WHY the entire planet is better off today, than it was three (3) years ago. More to the point - we are all better off now, than we were during the prior eight (8) years before November, 2008.

    You don't have people in the White House who are trying to literally kill you.
    You don't have people in the White House who are executing on global imperialistic plans.
    You don't have people in the White House who are launching illegal wars for oil.
    You don't have people in the White House who are creating false national intelligence estimates.
    You don't have people in the White House who are intentionally trying to crash the American Economy.
    You don't have people in the White House who are perpetually lying to the American People.
    You don't have people in the White House who strike quid pro quo deals with Saudi Royals, at the expense of U.S. National Security.
    You don't have people in the White House who are selling-out strategic U.S. Port Authority to foreign nations.
    You don't have people in the White House who turn a deaf ear and a blind eye to America's need to educate its People.

    The United States Economy was pushed over a cliff by people in the White House and the United States Congress, who could give a rats tail about both you, or me. A $14 Trillion economy allowed to go sideways for eight (8) long miserable years, does not and will not stop on a dime and reverse itself, just because you think it should. Our economy was trashed for at least eight (8) years and having built-up such momentum in the wrong direction, it will take a lot more than a typical recovery cycle to correct the problems.

    The old U.S. Economy is dead - forever. Get that fact through your head. The sooner people get used to that idea, the sooner this country will REMOVE the current United States Congress, and replace it with elected Representatives who understand the depth and complexity of our economic problems, as well as HOW to fix them.

    You will NEVER see the same U.S. economic model that you saw before - ever. Get used to it.

    WELCOME to the NEW WORLD ORDER that you were promised back in the 1980's. You voted for those people and THEY delivered exactly what they promised you. A NEW WORLD ORDER. Did you think they were kidding when they announced it directly to your face?

    Why are you now (all of a sudden) so darned surprised by their "glorious accomplishments" (read: abject failures)!

  3. #163
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Are you better off today then you were 3 years ago?

    No, my income per W-2s dropped between 2010 and 2011.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #164
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Are you better off today then you were 3 years ago?

    Quote Originally Posted by PW4000 View Post
    Are you better off today, THAN you were 3 years ago?

    Answer: Of Course, I am much better off today, than I was three years ago. Is that not obvious?


    Neocons no longer control the White House. That is the Number #1 reason WHY the entire planet is better off today, than it was three (3) years ago. More to the point - we are all better off now, than we were during the prior eight (8) years before November, 2008.

    You don't have people in the White House who are trying to literally kill you.
    You don't have people in the White House who are executing on global imperialistic plans.
    You don't have people in the White House who are launching illegal wars for oil.
    You don't have people in the White House who are creating false national intelligence estimates.
    You don't have people in the White House who are intentionally trying to crash the American Economy.
    You don't have people in the White House who are perpetually lying to the American People.
    You don't have people in the White House who strike quid pro quo deals with Saudi Royals, at the expense of U.S. National Security.
    You don't have people in the White House who are selling-out strategic U.S. Port Authority to foreign nations.
    You don't have people in the White House who turn a deaf ear and a blind eye to America's need to educate its People.

    The United States Economy was pushed over a cliff by people in the White House and the United States Congress, who could give a rats tail about both you, or me. A $14 Trillion economy allowed to go sideways for eight (8) long miserable years, does not and will not stop on a dime and reverse itself, just because you think it should. Our economy was trashed for at least eight (8) years and having built-up such momentum in the wrong direction, it will take a lot more than a typical recovery cycle to correct the problems.

    The old U.S. Economy is dead - forever. Get that fact through your head. The sooner people get used to that idea, the sooner this country will REMOVE the current United States Congress, and replace it with elected Representatives who understand the depth and complexity of our economic problems, as well as HOW to fix them.

    You will NEVER see the same U.S. economic model that you saw before - ever. Get used to it.

    WELCOME to the NEW WORLD ORDER that you were promised back in the 1980's. You voted for those people and THEY delivered exactly what they promised you. A NEW WORLD ORDER. Did you think they were kidding when they announced it directly to your face?

    Why are you now (all of a sudden) so darned surprised by their "glorious accomplishments" (read: abject failures)!
    You say you're a centrist, right?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #165
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Are you better off today then you were 3 years ago?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Did your thread not go the way you want? Would it make you feel better if I told you I was homeless and I never got to see my child? I bet it would.
    Wow, you had a child? That is a medical first.....You can make a lot of money if you can prove it.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #166
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Are you better off today then you were 3 years ago?

    Since I already voted I am not able to count the anonymous votes....I would bet they are a lot of DP lefties voting 2 or 3 times though.....Sadly its very easy to do.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #167
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,073

    Re: Are you better off today then you were 3 years ago?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Since I already voted I am not able to count the anonymous votes....I would bet they are a lot of DP lefties voting 2 or 3 times though.....Sadly its very easy to do.....
    So don't count the votes of people not signed in. That is a major plus of making votes public, you can count how many people who are signed in voted one way or the other.

    The count is 42-yes, 13-no. Check it out for yourself NP.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #168
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Are you better off today then you were 3 years ago?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    You are correct that you have to live in the now and adjust to things as they are and we are in a period of lowered expectations so people think they are doing well if they aren't losing ground.
    Pure nonsense.

    First of all, you are ignoring the fact that people in this thread were not asked if they were doing well right now, they were asked if they were better off than they were three years ago. Someone who is better off might still be struggling. That has precisely jack **** to do with expectations and politics.

    Next, you are ignoring any and all data that doesn't provide support your own position. Stock market data, for example. Any moron with a blog and an agenda can cite cherry-picked numbers and charts that imply whatever they want to imply. Only a complete hack considers such overtly biased sources to be useful in any way, shape, or form. An intelligent, unbiased source will put ALL of the data out there.

    Finally, you are employing the fallacy of false causes. In simple terms, this means that you (and your "source", and I use that term very, very loosely) make the claim that correlation equals causation. Despite teh clear fact that every single piece of data cited shows that the starting point of the decline pre-dates the hypothesized cause of the decline. That not only indicates piss poor logic skills, but it implies complete and total ignorance of the very nature of cause and effect.

    As I said in an earlier post, at most a president can help speed up or slow down a recovery. They cannot start or stop it, and more often than not they have little to no effect on it, overall.

    And frankly, the blogger you cited shows himself to be clueless of why, exactly, this recovery is going slower than others. Take this load of ****, for example: "10. The slow, anemic recovery has contributed to keeping the housing market in a depressed state."

    That shows a profound ignorance of what actually caused the decline: The housing bubble. Jesus himself couldn't raise the housing market to previous levels because the previous levels were all bull****. And the slow nature of this recovery is in part due to the fact that an investment option which had previously been considered "safe" was the cause of of the economic collapse in the first place. The housing market had traditionally been a positive factor in economic recoveries. This time, we don't want the housing market to get anywhere near where it was before the recession for a least another decade.

    Trying to use real estate data as a way to claim Obama's recovery plans aren't working is downright asinine. People with such mentalities are actually complaining about real estate investments where they made $90,000 over a 15-year period on a $100,000 investment. That's an appreciation rate of about 4.4% annually over 15 years and a 90% return on the initial investment in 15 years. Just on the value increase. If they rent the property they are probably earning off of the property and if they are smart, they are paying less in mortgage than what they are renting it for meaning that they essentially aren't even really putting in that initial $100,000 since the investment is paying for itself, at least partially.

    But that person might focus on the highest prices during the bubble and come to the absurd conclusion that they lost money due to the housing bubble bursting. But they never had any money. They simply failed to maximize the return from their investment because they didn't sell when the market was inflated. They are still getting a mighty fine return on their investment, though. Certainly a more sustainable one.

    Like I said, though, if one hand picks the data to suit their goals, they can say almost anything they want. Perhaps educating one's self instead of blindly trusting biased and ignorant sources is a better approach.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #169
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are you better off today then you were 3 years ago?

    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Are you better off today then you were 3 years ago?

    Holding about steady. In general over the past few Presidents, most people are doing worse off comparably. Wealth has for some time been accumulating in the hands of a few while being drained from the masses and as such real wages when adjusted for cost of living and inflation has been stead or slightly declining for most. So I guess it's all Status Quo. You're lucky if you hold even, statistically you're losing.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •