View Poll Results: Is following someone an aggressive act?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    27 61.36%
  • No.

    17 38.64%
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 349

Thread: Following someone.

  1. #231
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    152

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Actually no it is not illegal. Paparazzi do it all the time and so do private investigators.
    If Private investigators will following some one and giving report to his client, They are having any license to do this work ? Then what about the police man's ? and what they will do ?
    Prasad Panda Wildrose Party Northern Hills, Calgary, Canada

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Is following someone an aggressive act?

    Simple question, simple answer.

    I don't believe that it is. If it was then police would not be able to legally follow people. Investigators (PI's) would not legally be able to do it. Paparazzi would not be able to do it.
    Pants following Hoodie did not initiate the conflict there by making Pant's use of lethal force illegal.

  3. #233
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    What possible good does it do to start with a false premise that "I believe X, therefore you must believe Y"?
    And not for nothing...but it seems to me we should celebrate our commonalities, not try to fabricate 'differences'.
    There is no false premise. There is no fabricated differences. You have already conceded that the extreme, or what I prefer to call ideologically-driven, left does not support the 2nd Amendment, does not support military expansion (here, you might have the most diverse opinions on the far left, with anarchists staunchly opposed and militant socialists staunchly in favor), and does not support a heightened police state.

    You have already conceded this fact. Let us please move forward, not backward. I am not trying to denigrate the commonalities, but in an objective socio-political analysis, they're simply irrelevant. You can't logically use Zell Miller to represent what is "left" just like it would be impossible to use <insert name here> to represent what is "right" (I have more trouble finding moderate names on the republican side as I do on the democratic side...and Zell Miller is what is known as a DINO).

  4. #234
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Nope, sure wouldn't be. I have had a gun pointed at me for just that reason and never felt threatened, in fact I watched the chamber being cleared and the breach doubble checked and looked straight down the barrel. Never felt it a threatening or aggressive action.
    I take it you knew the person doing the pointing. What if you didn't?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #235
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Pointing a gun at someone is most definitely an aggressive action, and liable to get someone killed.

    It can also be a negligent action, such as the time a fellow cop, showing off his new Glock 45, pointed it at me carelessly.... "Fin," says I, "point that at somebody else, why don't ya? If I get shot, I'd rather it be on purpose..."

    Exactly. It's inherently aggressive. Intent doesn't change that. My position is that, just because someone is too stupid to realize it is an aggressive act, it doesn't mean it isn't an aggressive act. The "intent" argument is one that allows stupidity to be in control.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #236
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I'd consider it a "dangerous" act. Not an "aggressive" one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So long as the intent was just to show then nope. But I would call it stupid and I might be alarmed by such stupidity.
    So you both believe that stupid people should be in charge of determining what is or is not an aggressive act in the world. Even if the perosn who is being threatened by their stupidity has no idea that the real problem is that they are dealing with an idiot?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #237
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,696

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
    There is no false premise. There is no fabricated differences. You have already conceded that the extreme, or what I prefer to call ideologically-driven, left does not support the 2nd Amendment, does not support military expansion (here, you might have the most diverse opinions on the far left, with anarchists staunchly opposed and militant socialists staunchly in favor), and does not support a heightened police state.

    You have already conceded this fact. Let us please move forward, not backward. I am not trying to denigrate the commonalities, but in an objective socio-political analysis, they're simply irrelevant. You can't logically use Zell Miller to represent what is "left" just like it would be impossible to use <insert name here> to represent what is "right" (I have more trouble finding moderate names on the republican side as I do on the democratic side...and Zell Miller is what is known as a DINO).
    Sure...if by conceding you mean that we agree that you are referring only to extremists when you say 'liberals' then we should definitely move on. Im sure the liberals here that support gun ownership, police, and have actually served in the military will be comfortable with your description.

  8. #238
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by henrypanda View Post
    Following some one is illegal activity. If a police is following some on is means that's a legal because he is on duty.
    That's just false.

  9. #239
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I take it you knew the person doing the pointing. What if you didn't?
    Different story altogether, fully admit that. I guess the overall point is that pointing the weapon is not equal to the intent, if I didn't know someone pointing a gun at me then most probably it is an aggressive act. Again though it's all about the intent.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #240
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Following someone.

    Pointing a gun at someone in a manner reasonably believed to be a threat is not merely an aggressive act, it is assault with a deadly weapon. Apparently Zimmerman knew that, why he did not pull or even let it be known he had a gun both times Martin approached him.

    If it is true that Martin came up to Zimmerman as Zimmerman was returning to his truck, it was Martin, not Zimmerman, who was then following someone.
    Last edited by joko104; 04-20-12 at 03:50 PM.

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •