View Poll Results: Is following someone an aggressive act?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    27 61.36%
  • No.

    17 38.64%
Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 349

Thread: Following someone.

  1. #201
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I'd love to see your survey and conclusions, especially in light of he number of liberals here that own weapons, have served and support in the military, and the number of times democrats have bemoaned the bidet it's and loss of police officers causing rapes and murders to increase.
    If we examine the "typical" liberal, he/she generally opposes the 2nd Amendment, opposes an expansion of the military (today's liberals are different from FDR and Johnson liberals), and is cautious of putting more police on the street. The "liberals" on this forum are not what you would call "typical."

    PS I should retract the term "scientific study." It wasn't exactly a study from a scientific journal. See Reason Magazine, Born This Way?

    Born This Way? - Reason Magazine

  2. #202
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Scroll down...it clearly states the statute and that 18 is the legal age


    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/florida.pdf
    At the middle of page 1 it reads: Must be 21 years of age. When I scroll down, I see 18 for military.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 04-18-12 at 11:56 AM.

  3. #203
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    It's a good thing that "being mistaken for a rogue ninja clan" isn't in the definition of 'to stalk', then.

    Now, what was your point?
    Only the one you just made.

  4. #204
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,502

    Re: Following someone.

    I wish I could change my vote. I think Thorgasm got it right. I always go by is it legal, and if it is I don't see it as a threat. This however is not true in all cases. I think following someone is aggressive even if legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #205
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I wish I could change my vote. I think Thorgasm got it right. I always go by is it legal, and if it is I don't see it as a threat. This however is not true in all cases. I think following someone is aggressive even if legal.
    I totally agree

  6. #206
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I wish I could change my vote. I think Thorgasm got it right. I always go by is it legal, and if it is I don't see it as a threat. This however is not true in all cases. I think following someone is aggressive even if legal.
    It depends on their purpose to me.

    There are MANY more reasons to follow someone that are not aggressive than there are aggressive reasons to follow someone.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #207
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
    If we examine the "typical" liberal, he/she generally opposes the 2nd Amendment, opposes an expansion of the military (today's liberals are different from FDR and Johnson liberals), and is cautious of putting more police on the street. The "liberals" on this forum are not what you would call "typical."

    PS I should retract the term "scientific study." It wasn't exactly a study from a scientific journal. See Reason Magazine, Born This Way?

    Born This Way? - Reason Magazine
    The 'typical liberal' is no different than the 'typical conservative'. I suspect you are inferring to the radical wingnut liberal...the polar opposite of the radical wingnut conservative.

  8. #208
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,502

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It depends on their purpose to me.

    There are MANY more reasons to follow someone that are not aggressive than there are aggressive reasons to follow someone.
    It's not about your perception. I agree it may not seem aggressive to me, but most people tend to be concerned at best and panic at worst if they know they are being followed. This makes any act of following aggressive. The opposite would be passive, and actively following someone is not a passive act even with good intentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #209
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Following someone.

    How the person that is being followed feels imo is irrelevent. I think the intent of the person doing the following is what matters. Humans in general feel threatened by lots of things, doesn't mean that those things are always aggressive.

    For example those people that do not allow their kids to get immunization shots feel threatened by those shots yet those shots are obviously meant to do nothing but good. A simple look can also make a person feel threatened...even if they misinterpret the look. My own wife thought that I was a pervert when she first met me yet we are happily married today.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #210
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Following someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The 'typical liberal' is no different than the 'typical conservative'. I suspect you are inferring to the radical wingnut liberal...the polar opposite of the radical wingnut conservative.
    Most people don't identify "liberal" as pro-guns, pro-military, and a heightened police state. By liberal, they mean leftist or even socialist.

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •