View Poll Results: Is it acceptable for the man to stay at home raising the kids while the woman works?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it is acceptable for the man to stay at home raising the kids.

    85 95.51%
  • No, the man that stays at home while the woman works is a lazy bum!

    4 4.49%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 162

Thread: Stay at home dads.

  1. #121
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Do I really have to explain basic biology to you, TC? Exactly how much milk can you get out of YOUR tits? Do you have hips naturally designed and shaped to carry children both prior to birth and after? If you do, I think you might want to see your physician. The natural parental instincts, the willingness to put the betterment of the child ahead of themselves, etc... exist much more powerfully in women than in Men. These are all because NATURE designed WOMEN to raise the children, not the Men. I'm sorry if you're too ****ing moronic to be able to figure these things out on your own.



    One of the differences between us is that you seem to have this mentality that you give a **** what other people think of you and your views. I don't. I see no point in wasting my time trying to explain basic common sense, reason, and logic to people. If you don't get it naturally, you're probably not going to.




    No. I just have a very different vision of what they were fighting for than most people do. This vision has been passed down in my family for generations. All the way back from the members of my family who fought in the Revolution, lynched a Tory/Loyalist in Essex, CT in the 1790's, and fought for the Confederacy even though they were from Connecticut.




    Auntie, neither one of my grandmothers drove a day in their lives. Neither one of them held a paying job at any point in their lives. They stayed home, kept the house and raised the kids and never complained about it. They died in 1989 and 1992 respectively, so we're not exactly talking ancient times, here.
    Women's abilities extend far beyond in fact light year's beyond childbearing and after care. We had a brain and drive and desires. We can add and subtract. We can do tasks even when we are not barefoot and pregnant or nursing a child at our breasts. Did you know that women can even vote now because we can gather and retain information. We can write and draw and do most everything a man can do. I hate to burst your bubble but a man can be just as skilled at raising a child as a woman. Men really can do that. There is this invention called a baby bottle and men can fill this with the liquid and feed the baby. Wow how about joining the rest of us in 2012 and finding out all the wonders the world holds. You will be shocked.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  2. #122
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Do I really have to explain basic biology to you, TC? Exactly how much milk can you get out of YOUR tits? Do you have hips naturally designed and shaped to carry children both prior to birth and after? If you do, I think you might want to see your physician. The natural parental instincts, the willingness to put the betterment of the child ahead of themselves, etc... exist much more powerfully in women than in Men. These are all because NATURE designed WOMEN to raise the children, not the Men. I'm sorry if you're too ****ing moronic to be able to figure these things out on your own.
    You're silly to think that our physical differences define every single thing about how we should behave, what we should wear and where we should go and what we should and shouldn't do in life. If you have kids: you're only a parent-of-young-children for a portion of your life. . . you can't let that govern everything about you.

    Just becaues a man cannot be pregnant and birth a child from his loins doesn't mean he can't be a decent parent and can't show love, affection, respect and understanding - and whatever else you think defined a 'mom's responsibilities' vs a 'dad's responsibilities' - these things are not ironed into our gentic code.

    Auntie, neither one of my grandmothers drove a day in their lives. Neither one of them held a paying job at any point in their lives. They stayed home, kept the house and raised the kids and never complained about it. They died in 1989 and 1992 respectively, so we're not exactly talking ancient times, here.
    It's actualy common among elderly women and men to not know how to drive just the same - vehicles weren't affordable back in the 30's and 40's and life just wasn't built so much on it.

    My Godmother passed away recently: she was 92 - same with her: never worked, never really left the house, she was a recluse in hte last 30 years of her life who never put on anything other than a mumu and slippers. She always maintained the farm, however - always. She outlived her husband and her children who lived near her. She died of dehydration alone in her basement - no one discovered her body until she was gone for over a month. She likely went down there to put jam on the shelves which she stashed obcessively - and collapsed, no one around to keep and eye on her, save her - or even drive her to the Dr when she fell ill.

    I thought that was horrible - worse than dying itself: no one knew she was gone - she was just that forgotten.

    And that invisible and forgotten is the exact nature of existence that I don't want to be stuck in: not only reliant on my husband for economic support - but to drive me to the store, take me to the dr, pick the kids up from school and everything else in between. That's a recipe for a forgotten life and dying abused in an old-folks home.

    If I lived a simple, small modest life dating back to a childhood of the 1930's maybe I'd have a different construct - but I don't. I was born and lived most of my childhood in a small Pentecostal community where the girls did everything and the boys left young to attend school - and never really came back.

    Your trapped infantile expectations of women in your life can kiss my butt. LOL!
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 04-18-12 at 07:09 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #123
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Do I really have to explain basic biology to you, TC? Exactly how much milk can you get out of YOUR tits?
    Formula exists. Breast pumps exist. Nothing about not having tits prevents a man from performing those duties. Tools, my friend. Tools.

    Do you have hips naturally designed and shaped to carry children both prior to birth and after?
    The wider hips are for allowing the child to be born. I have no trouble carrying my son despite my hip shape. In fact, I have far less trouble doing so than my wife does. Nonsense rejected.

    The natural parental instincts, the willingness to put the betterment of the child ahead of themselves, etc... exist much more powerfully in women than in Men.
    Nonsense. You've never been a father, so stop talking out of your ass.

    These are all because NATURE designed WOMEN to raise the children, not the Men.
    Men raise children, so thinking fail on your part.


    I'm sorry if you're too ****ing moronic to be able to figure these things out on your own.
    It's not moronic to not come to false conclusions about things.



    One of the differences between us is that you seem to have this mentality that you give a **** what other people think of you and your views. I don't. I see no point in wasting my time trying to explain basic common sense, reason, and logic to people. If you don't get it naturally, you're probably not going to.
    Actually, the main difference between us is that I don't run away from a challenge. I have the balls to face them head on.

    The only reason you haven't run away from me yet is that you can't put me on your ignore list (although you've tried to run away form me too) and you don't have the self-control to actually ignore me without using a crutch.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #124
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Formula exists. Breast pumps exist. Nothing about not having tits prevents a man from performing those duties. Tools, my friend. Tools.

    The wider hips are for allowing the child to be born. I have no trouble carrying my son despite my hip shape. In fact, I have far less trouble doing so than my wife does. Nonsense rejected.

    Nonsense. You've never been a father, so stop talking out of your ass.

    Men raise children, so thinking fail on your part.

    It's not moronic to not come to false conclusions about things.

    Actually, the main difference between us is that I don't run away from a challenge. I have the balls to face them head on.

    The only reason you haven't run away from me yet is that you can't put me on your ignore list (although you've tried to run away form me too) and you don't have the self-control to actually ignore me without using a crutch.
    Bravo - well said! Love it
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    Did you know that women can even vote now because we can gather and retain information. We can write and draw and do most everything a man can do.
    I know that there are many things a woman CAN do. My concern is more about what women and Men SHOULD be doing, what what they CAN do.

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble but a man can be just as skilled at raising a child as a woman. Men really can do that.
    I truly hope you're wrong. If you're not, then we have devolved even futher than I had thought as a species (and that's saying something).

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    Wow how about joining the rest of us in 2012 and finding out all the wonders the world holds. You will be shocked.
    No thanks. Not interested. Never have been and never will be.

  6. #126
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I know that there are many things a woman CAN do. My concern is more about what women and Men SHOULD be doing, what what they CAN do.



    I truly hope you're wrong. If you're not, then we have devolved even futher than I had thought as a species (and that's saying something).



    No thanks. Not interested. Never have been and never will be.

    Tigger im sure im older than you...and I remember years ago men and women having more distinct roles...I remember the days when my mother stayed home and my father worked...and my father saying its my job to feed and keep a roof over the house and its moms job to raise you kids.

    By the time I got married if my wife didnt work we wouldve went bankrupt trying to live on a cops pay back then....point is its not yesterday anymore tigger...women are all grown up now...

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    By the time I got married if my wife didnt work we wouldve went bankrupt trying to live on a cops pay back then....point is its not yesterday anymore tigger...women are all grown up now...
    Maybe it should still be yesterday, lpast. It was a much better day and age so far as I'm concerned.

  8. #128
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Maybe it should still be yesterday, lpast. It was a much better day and age so far as I'm concerned.
    well buddy maybe smaybe but it AINT and it never will be yesterday again...you need to learn how to live TODAY and tomorrow...not last week

  9. #129
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Maybe it should still be yesterday, lpast. It was a much better day and age so far as I'm concerned.
    *snort* To what purpose? To satisfy a few men left who think like you do?

    What about yesteryear? Why stop at yesterday? Centuries ago - before our society's origins saw a population explosion and before we developed our extremely stratified market based economy/society our division of labor wasn't so defined and rigid.

    I'd much rather be akin to the every day hard working peasant of 1,000 years ago than an inbred incapable noblewoman who couldn't so much as care for her own children let alone herself.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #130
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. Day care is prohibitively expensive these days, and depending on one's job skills, a family might be better off financially for one parent to stay home.
    That is what we did. My ex and I decided she would stay at home since I had a better education and could get a better paying job. If she had worked it would have been simply to cover day care costs and that would be a waste... paying others to raise your kids for you when she (and I) could just do it herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •