View Poll Results: Is it acceptable for the man to stay at home raising the kids while the woman works?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it is acceptable for the man to stay at home raising the kids.

    85 95.51%
  • No, the man that stays at home while the woman works is a lazy bum!

    4 4.49%
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 162

Thread: Stay at home dads.

  1. #91
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,063

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I never said that a stay at home parent is lazy. Trust me, I think the exact opposite.

    As to the bolded sentence..... YES, if necessary to ensure that society continues to operate in its proper order.
    Well at least you are honest about not liking liberty and freedom. Personally I feel that liberty and freedom comes before proper order in our society. In fact the Constitution agrees with me on liberty and freedom. The Constitution is explicit about individual liberties and freedoms and how much power the Government has in our decision making.

    And what do you mean by proper order? My guess (the obvious one) is that you are insisting that men should work in every case and the women must always be the one that stays home with the kids. Which was fine years ago when most jobs involved muscle power. But those are a thing of the past along with the horse and buggy. Perhaps you should go live in a Amish community, where men still treat their women like property? Or maybe the middle east?

    So who exactly gets to decide what is the proper order?

    I will never support any political movement that insists that the government has the power to dictate personal liberties.
    Last edited by FreedomFromAll; 04-18-12 at 11:27 AM.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    What tools (be specific) make it a woman's job to stay home with the kids, and what tools (be specific) make it a man's job not to?
    It's a combination of the biology and psychological/emotional traits of the two genders. Women's biology and psychology are designed for the bearing and raising of children. Everything from the way their body is designed to their instincts is much more focused on being able to raise children than men are.

    Here's a great example.... Last fall I went to Western NY to visit my brother, sister-in-law, and their three kids (ages 1, 2, and 3). I spent both nights in a bedroom adjacent to the 2 & 3 year old and just across the hall from the 1 year old. While I was awake I could hear everything going on in both rooms. Both mornings that I was there my sister-in-law apologized for the yelling, screaming, crying, etc... that had gone on the night before. In neither case had I heard a single thing or had my sleep disturbed for an instant though I was in the next room. Yet SHE can hear the 1 year old crying when she's at the total opposite end of the house. My brother can't even do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Also, why not get a nailgun? It's far more efficient.
    Not for every job, Tucker.

  3. #93
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    It's a combination of the biology and psychological/emotional traits of the two genders. Women's biology and psychology are designed for the bearing and raising of children. Everything from the way their body is designed to their instincts is much more focused on being able to raise children than men are.
    That's not specific. It's just a bunch of bull**** if there are no specifics.

    Here's a great example.... Last fall I went to Western NY to visit my brother, sister-in-law, and their three kids (ages 1, 2, and 3). I spent both nights in a bedroom adjacent to the 2 & 3 year old and just across the hall from the 1 year old. While I was awake I could hear everything going on in both rooms. Both mornings that I was there my sister-in-law apologized for the yelling, screaming, crying, etc... that had gone on the night before. In neither case had I heard a single thing or had my sleep disturbed for an instant though I was in the next room. Yet SHE can hear the 1 year old crying when she's at the total opposite end of the house. My brother can't even do that.
    So because your sister in law is a light sleeper, while you and your brother are not, you think that men shouldn't be the one's staying home with the kids?



    Not for every job, Tucker.
    The job in question is putting a nail in a piece of wood (recheck your post if you forgot). For that job, a nailgun is always superior to a hammer.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 04-18-12 at 11:54 AM.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Well at least you are honest about not liking liberty and freedom. Personally I feel that liberty and freedom comes before proper order in our society. In fact the Constitution agrees with me on liberty and freedom. The Constitution is explicit about individual liberties and freedoms and how much power the Government has in our decision making.
    Whereas I feel that Freedom and Liberty are Privileges that should be handed out to those who have PROVEN they can speak, think, and act appropriately; nothing more. The US Constitution ceased to have any significant value when Abraham Lincoln took it to the outhouse and used it to wipe his butt from 1860-1865. It hasn't had any significant value since then.

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    And what do you mean by proper order? My guess (the obvious one) is that you are insisting that men should work in every case and the women must always be the one that stays home with the kids. Which was fine years ago when most jobs involved muscle power. But those are a thing of the past along with the horse and buggy. Perhaps you should go live in a Amish community, where men still treat their women like property? Or maybe the middle east?
    Trust me, I keep looking for somewhere else to go.

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    I will never support any political movement that insists that the government has the power to dictate personal liberties.
    Whereas I refuse to support ANY movement (poitical or otherwise) that suggest that what one WANTS to do is more important than what one SHOULD do.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    That's not specific. It's just a bunch of bull**** if there are no specifics.
    Tucker, if I really have to explain to you the physical and psychological characteristics of women that make them superior at raising children, then there's probably really no point in us continuing this conversation. I might suggest a basic biology textbook or something along those lines.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    So because your sister in law is a light sleeper, while you and your brother are not, you think that men shouldn't be the nurturers? :
    In the case of every couple I know that has children, the mother is the one who will hear/see things going on that the father is totally oblivious to. Even in the few cases where dad is the stay-home parent.

  6. #96
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    The confusing message is, moms are the nurturer, dad's are providers. If you turn this upside down you defy the natural order of things, that's confusing for little growing minds.
    Adults make things confusing - kids are good with anything.

    Moms are not the nurterers - Dads are not the providers on some natural instinct level. This is our social construct. Which actually doesn't exist these days to MOST people.

    A lot of kids - a vast populous of children in this country - grow up without a mom or dad, or with their parents divorced and remarried so they have a mom / mom and dad . . .the notion of this idyllic nuclear family doesn't exist at all in the minds of millions of children.

    Are they confused and unable to function or something?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Are they confused and unable to function or something?
    Considering the state of this nation, our society, and our culture I would suggest that a very solid arguement can be made that we/they are confused and unable to function.

  8. #98
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,063

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Whereas I feel that Freedom and Liberty are Privileges that should be handed out to those who have PROVEN they can speak, think, and act appropriately; nothing more. The US Constitution ceased to have any significant value when Abraham Lincoln took it to the outhouse and used it to wipe his butt from 1860-1865. It hasn't had any significant value since then.
    Yes in a dictatorship one needs to prove themselves to gain what the Constitution deems inalienable rights. Natural rights are not privileges to be earned but rights that every American is born with. Since you do not understand the basic concept of inalienable rights I bet you have an interesting reason why you believe that the Constitution has been in your opinion insignificant since Lincoln. Wishing that you could own slaves?


    Trust me, I keep looking for somewhere else to go.
    Well try harder then.



    Whereas I refuse to support ANY movement (poitical or otherwise) that suggest that what one WANTS to do is more important than what one SHOULD do.
    Liberty and freedom is not a want it is our natural rights. Creating an dictatorship to force people to do what you think they should do is a want though.

  9. #99
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,198

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    The confusing message is, moms are the nurturer, dad's are providers. If you turn this upside down you defy the natural order of things, that's confusing for little growing minds.
    I was a stay at home dad for a short time. Frankly, my wife makes way more money than I do and we needed the income.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Stay at home dads.

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Yes in a dictatorship one needs to prove themselves to gain what the Constitution deems inalienable rights. Natural rights are not privileges to be earned but rights that every American is born with. Since you do not understand the basic concept of inalienable rights I bet you have an interesting reason why you believe that the Constitution has been in your opinion insignificant since Lincoln. Wishing that you could own slaves?
    Actually, No. The only two decent things Lincoln did during his time in office were the Emancipation Proclaimation and accepting that invitation to the Ford Theater that night. My issues with Lincoln have to do with carrying out an aggressive war against a sovereign nation without cause or justification. In doing so, by the way that war was conducted, and through the precedents set by his actions Lincoln destroyed everything that I believe this nation was designed to be from the start.

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Well try harder then.
    Trust me, I'd love to be gone from this wretched hive of scum and villiany.

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Liberty and freedom is not a want it is our natural rights. Creating an dictatorship to force people to do what you think they should do is a want though.
    On that we will have to disagree, completely.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •