View Poll Results: Your opinion of the Buffet Rule

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will hurt job creators

    15 30.00%
  • It will raise revenue and help the economy

    27 54.00%
  • It will promote laziness

    7 14.00%
  • It is the definition of socialism

    8 16.00%
  • It will help close the gap between the middle class and rich

    20 40.00%
  • It punishes the upper tier of social darwinism

    6 12.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 276

Thread: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

  1. #261
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,686

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So what?

    Turtle makes statements and fails to back it up. There are people here who simply do not know how to use evidence and they make statements based on other peoples previously cited evidence that dealt with some other facet of the question.

    They know they have seen some evidence but they make other assertions that are not supported by that evidence and even then it is impossible to give it an honest hearing because they FAIL to present it.

    It is akin to going in to a college debate and telling the judge that you presented that evidence last month at a different tournament - but the other team was there and the judge was there so everybody should just accept that it was there and is correct and proves your current point.


    I assume that if you are on a thread and responding to posts that you have read other posts that have provided the information you constantly ask for

    this is not a college debate and your attempts to divert threads based on rules that have no application to this board are pathetic. IF you responded to a thread a week ago that contained edifying information you cannot continue to feign ignorance merely in an attempt to annoy people whose points you find uncomfortable

  2. #262
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,686

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefgator View Post
    Does the buffet rule cover total tax or federal income tax?
    It can only apply to federal income tax but its premise is based on a dishonest comparison using FICA and other non-progressive taxes

  3. #263
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And counselor your evidence is?
    Anybody that supports tax rates more progressive than the 1920s is a Marxist, according to the extreme far right!

    That's all the evidence they think they need, or can produce.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #264
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    That makes no sense. A person of average intelligence should be able to identify where their own interests lie and who shares those interests.
    The vast majority of people are idiots, even people who are above average. That goes for both liberals and conservatives. Even when people are right, it's usually for the wrong reasons.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  5. #265
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,686

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Anybody that supports tax rates more progressive than the 1920s is a Marxist, according to the extreme far right!

    That's all the evidence they think they need, or can produce.
    What a change-from silly soak the rich envy based arguments to straw men.

  6. #266
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,490

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What about toal taxe?
    No no winston. You asked for evidence that everyone has access to, and I provided it out of courtesy. Admit you're wrong, and TD is correct on the federal income tax.
    You wanted evidence.
    You received it.
    You should now do the right thing and admit the conclusion, and then discuss your "new line of attack". (That we know will be chump change compared to federal income tax anyway!)

    First things first right?

  7. #267
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,490

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So what?
    So when Wnston asks for evidence that refutes his position, and he receives it, your comment is "so what?" I think anyone reading can see the absurdity of your position.

    Turtle makes statements and fails to back it up. There are people here who simply do not know how to use evidence and they make statements based on other peoples previously cited evidence that dealt with some other facet of the question.
    Interesting, some people don't know how to use evidence you claim.
    But then you appear (above), to think PROVIDING such evidence deserves a "So what?"

    Your contradictions defeat your own position.

    Furthermore, ignoring your contradictory remarks, Turtle clearly wrote in response to you and winston badgering him, that the information has been posted countless times to both of you, and on these forums, and is trivially available from commonly used government links. In this case, I've directed you AGAIN to CBO, that shows the wealthy in every bracket they listed, paying the most in federal taxes. TD is correct here too, it's readily available, and has been posted on this forum, directed specifically to you before, and should really need no repost. I mean, assuming you have a memory and have processed what you have read, and incorporated the true parts into your thinking.
    Last edited by Mach; 04-20-12 at 03:24 PM.

  8. #268
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,199

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    My feelings are it's not a huge game changer but it's something that needs to be done. Tax policy has changed drastically since the 80's under the guise of economic policy.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  9. #269
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,490

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Do you know the difference between identifying your own interests and being selfish?
    Sure, follow-through.

    But if you believe differently, please tell me and we'll either arrive at the same conclusion, or one will be in the wrong.

    As an aside, you do know how I relish seeing you admit you support selfishness, the chief tennant of your own personal anti-christ, so loathed by you that it's even in your signature (Rand).

  10. #270
    Educator
    Chiefgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lake Jem, FL pop:35
    Last Seen
    05-08-15 @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    It can only apply to federal income tax but its premise is based on a dishonest comparison using FICA and other non-progressive taxes
    that was my point.
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travellin' man, I have chalked up many a mile.
    Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and I've learned much from both of their styles!

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •