View Poll Results: Your opinion of the Buffet Rule

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will hurt job creators

    15 30.00%
  • It will raise revenue and help the economy

    27 54.00%
  • It will promote laziness

    7 14.00%
  • It is the definition of socialism

    8 16.00%
  • It will help close the gap between the middle class and rich

    20 40.00%
  • It punishes the upper tier of social darwinism

    6 12.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 276

Thread: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

  1. #191
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    complete idiocy

    if you want fairness why should the rich pay more than others
    and why is a higher rate "fair"
    You have no clue what fair is...and if you did you wouldnt be interested in it....fairness isnt MITT ROMNEY paying paying less percentage of federal tax on 200 million than I did on whole bunch less....heres the deal turtle the real deal...the rich get out of paying alot more taxs than they pay...and most pay less a percentage than people making MILLIONS Less and corporations are raping everyone...and you can stand on your head and twirl and you cant change that.

  2. #192
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    so it's not about the deficit... but it's about the fact that adding 4.5% to the top income bracket will "make it fair"? really? currently taxes aren't "fair", but an additional 4.5% is what get's us there?


    but let's talk about fair:



    Yup, I'd have to agree - this doesn't sound fair at all.
    Please...the top bracket has been cut 40% in the last 30 yrs....they are paying less now than they ever did...most big corps pay NOTHING zip zero...the rich hide their money and pay almost nothing...and STILL you whine they are paying to much and govt workers are overpaid and everyone that isnt rich has their hand out and whine cry swish swish...total utter baloney...teaparty talking point garbage...


    Taxpayers would Pay 6 to Make Up for Tax Haven Abuse, Small Businesses ,116 | Planet News

  3. #193
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You have no clue what fair is...and if you did you wouldnt be interested in it....fairness isnt MITT ROMNEY paying paying less percentage of federal tax on 200 million than I did on whole bunch less....heres the deal turtle the real deal...the rich get out of paying alot more taxs than they pay...and most pay less a percentage than people making MILLIONS Less and corporations are raping everyone...and you can stand on your head and twirl and you cant change that.
    you are the one without a clue. Mitt pays a higher effective rate than 97% of the country. he pays the same rate on investment income that I do. He pays 35% on earned income-the highest rate.

    You aren't paying 35% on your income

    You aren't paying 2 million a year in federal income taxes

    I pay an effective rate higher than you do

    indeed, most of the top one percent-those of us making between 350K to 5 Million pay the highest effective rate of any group. True billionaires pay a lower effective rate due to the fact that most of them have a far higher proportion of income from investments. But they pay the same rate I do on LIKE income


    the top one percent pay 40% of the income tax burden. We only make 22% of the income and you have the unmitigated gall to claim that isn't enough

    The real rape comes from all the sloths who pay nothing and constantly vote for more and more spending that they aren't willing to pay for

  4. #194
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Please...the top bracket has been cut 40% in the last 30 yrs....they are paying less now than they ever did...most big corps pay NOTHING zip zero...the rich hide their money and pay almost nothing...and STILL you whine they are paying to much and govt workers are overpaid and everyone that isnt rich has their hand out and whine cry swish swish...total utter baloney...teaparty talking point garbage...


    Taxpayers would Pay 6 to Make Up for Tax Haven Abuse, Small Businesses ,116 | Planet News
    stop the idiocy. The top one percent pay a higher percentage of the FIT burden now than at any time in the past 50 years. ITs people like you who are paying even less

    envy is a pathetic reason to whine about the rich

  5. #195
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Please...the top bracket has been cut 40% in the last 30 yrs...
    yes and as I recall the middle and lower brackets were cut right along with it.

    they are paying less now than they ever did...
    actually they are paying more now, as a percentage of federal revenue than they ever have.

    most big corps pay NOTHING zip zero
    this is also incorrect. walmart, for example, pays big bucks, as does any other retailer. political favorites like G.E. can get away with zero, I suppose, but the fact remains that the US Corporate tax rate is the highest in the industrialized world.

    ...the rich hide their money and pay almost nothing
    All I can say is that according to the IRS, you are factually incorrect. The CBO also thinks you are wrong. As does the non-partisan Tax Foundation. Now is when we find out if old dogs can learn new tricks, and whether or not you will be able to give up a piece of talking point demagoguery in the fact of contradicting evidence.
    Last edited by cpwill; 04-15-12 at 12:30 AM.

  6. #196
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are the one without a clue. Mitt pays a higher effective rate than 97% of the country. he pays the same rate on investment income that I do. He pays 35% on earned income-the highest rate.

    You aren't paying 35% on your income

    You aren't paying 2 million a year in federal income taxes

    I pay an effective rate higher than you do

    indeed, most of the top one percent-those of us making between 350K to 5 Million pay the highest effective rate of any group. True billionaires pay a lower effective rate due to the fact that most of them have a far higher proportion of income from investments. But they pay the same rate I do on LIKE income


    the top one percent pay 40% of the income tax burden. We only make 22% of the income and you have the unmitigated gall to claim that isn't enough

    The real rape comes from all the sloths who pay nothing and constantly vote for more and more spending that they aren't willing to pay for

    Sorry clueless...Romny paid 13.7% on over 200 million and he hasnt declared other income as of yet and put in for an extension..
    13.7% isnt anywhere near the 35% hes supposed to be paying and lets not forget all the corps that made in the billions and paid ZERO....you cant hide from facts all you can do is what you always do...whine

  7. #197
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Sorry clueless...Romny paid 13.7% on over 200 million and he hasnt declared other income as of yet and put in for an extension..
    13.7% isnt anywhere near the 35% hes supposed to be paying and lets not forget all the corps that made in the billions and paid ZERO....you cant hide from facts all you can do is what you always do...whine
    If you use the tax code for "Supposed to be paying" you are making an idiot of yourself since that law does NOT APPLY To investment income

    major fail on your case proving you are clueless about the tax code

    If you are arguing that the rich ought to pay an effective rate of 35% on every dime of income no matter its source that is a philosophical argument on your part based on envy and spite with no support in the law

  8. #198
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Tell that to your grandchildren when they pick up the tab for what we refuse to do today.
    This EXACT same argument can be used against those who refuse to cut spending, restructure or remove entitlements, and other such things.

  9. #199
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    If you use the tax code for "Supposed to be paying" you are making an idiot of yourself since that law does NOT APPLY To investment income

    major fail on your case proving you are clueless about the tax code

    If you are arguing that the rich ought to pay an effective rate of 35% on every dime of income no matter its source that is a philosophical argument on your part based on envy and spite with no support in the law
    No major fail...doesnt matter where his income comes from, its still EARNED income...thats the only income he has and he paid less a percentage than I did and thats just plain WRONG... no one has to be an accountant to figure out...romny on hundreds of millions paid 13.7....lpast paid more on a minisule portion of that amount, not rocket science there dudey, I NEED THE TAX cut not him and all his buddies...including you.

    Turtle all your repetitive talking points have no effect on us anymore...weve all heard them 2-3000 times....check this out...The tax rate is "SUPPOSED" to be 35% the top 10 corporations paid zero and none of them pay anywhere near 35% so why do they need a tax cut, greed is why.

    Heres a plan for you....GOP and DEM sit down and hash out deficit reduction....and medicare reform in a bipartisan manner, change the tax code....take ALL tax cuts and loopholes off the rich and make tax havens outside of the country illegal....then if theres enough revenue coming in and debt reduction and the debt is dropping....THEN start dropping the tax rate....not when your taking from everyone else... The teaparty wants to take from everyone else and give to the 1% yeah ok...pfffffffffffffft.....they arent the only tax payers..
    Last edited by lpast; 04-16-12 at 05:42 PM.

  10. #200
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Heres a bit information I found interesting, that bolstered my agreement with the buffet rule.

    April 12, Washington, DC – with Tax Day approaching, a new U.S. PIRG report found the average tax filer in 2011 would have to pay $426 to make up for revenue lost from corporations and wealthy individuals shifting income to offshore tax havens. the report additionally found that if they were to cover the cost of the corporate abuse of tax havens in 2011, the average American small business would have to pay $2,116.
    “When corporations shirk their tax burden by shifting profits legitimately made in the U.S. to offshore tax havens like the Caymans, the rest of us must pick up the tab through either cuts to public spending priorities, higher taxes, or more debt,” said Dan Smith, Tax and Budget Associate for U.S. PIRG and one of the report’s co-authors. “Responsible small businesses are further hurt by corporate tax dodging because they are put at a competitive disadvantage since they can’t hire armies of well paid lawyers and accountants to use offshore tax loopholes.”

    Taxpayers would Pay 6 to Make Up for Tax Haven Abuse, Small Businesses ,116 | Planet News


    Excellent point! Why should the working class and small businesses agree to pay more so that large corporations and wealthy individuals pay a lower tax rate, especially given that the tax breaks aren't being used to create jobs in this country.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •