View Poll Results: Your opinion of the Buffet Rule

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will hurt job creators

    15 30.00%
  • It will raise revenue and help the economy

    27 54.00%
  • It will promote laziness

    7 14.00%
  • It is the definition of socialism

    8 16.00%
  • It will help close the gap between the middle class and rich

    20 40.00%
  • It punishes the upper tier of social darwinism

    6 12.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 276

Thread: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

  1. #91
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,757

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Why the Rich Should Pay Higher Taxes

    "The very rich benefit most from national security, government-funded research, infrastructure, and property laws. Defending the country benefits the rich more, because they have more to defend. Taxpayer-funded research at the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (the Internet), the National Institute of Health (pharmaceuticals), and the National Science Foundation (the Digital Library Initiative) has laid a half-century foundation for their idea-building. The interstates and airports and FAA and TSA benefit people who have the money to travel."

    "Finally, back to the tax statistics. Why should financial earnings (i.e., capital gains) be taxed less than wage earnings from actual work? The richest 10% of Americans own over 80% of the stocks, the gains from which are taxed at a 15% rate. Most wage earners pay more.

    Furthermore, over the past 15 years millionaires have seen their income tax rates drop from 30% to 22%. During approximately the same time period, American economic growth declined from an annual 3.2 percent rate to 1.7 percent. Lower taxes for the rich do not lead to productivity.

    Will the rich stop investing or move to another country if their taxes are increased? Not likely. They have it too good here. As Warren Buffett recently stated, "I have worked with investors for 60 years and I have yet to see anyone - not even when capital gains rates were 39.9 percent in 1976-77 - shy away from a sensible investment because of the tax rate on the potential gain."

    Mr. Buffett is admitting what everyone else is beginning to realize. The rich take much more than they pay for."

    Why the Rich Should Pay Higher Taxes | Common Dreams
    for this crap to have any merit you would have to prove that the richest 5% use more of the government service than the other 95% because the richest 5% pay more federal income taxes than the other 95% comboned.

    Your proof is speculative and has no basis on fact. IT ASSUMES that national defense etc benefits 5% more than the other 95%.

    IN terms of direct spending, the bottom 20% use the most of any quintile

    common dreams=socialist wet dreams. the turd that wrote that opinion piece supplies no support for his claims.
    Last edited by TurtleDude; 04-12-12 at 02:45 PM.

  2. #92
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Why the Rich Should Pay Higher Taxes

    "The very rich benefit most from national security, government-funded research, infrastructure, and property laws. Defending the country benefits the rich more, because they have more to defend. Taxpayer-funded research at the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (the Internet), the National Institute of Health (pharmaceuticals), and the National Science Foundation (the Digital Library Initiative) has laid a half-century foundation for their idea-building. The interstates and airports and FAA and TSA benefit people who have the money to travel."

    "Finally, back to the tax statistics. Why should financial earnings (i.e., capital gains) be taxed less than wage earnings from actual work? The richest 10% of Americans own over 80% of the stocks, the gains from which are taxed at a 15% rate. Most wage earners pay more.

    Furthermore, over the past 15 years millionaires have seen their income tax rates drop from 30% to 22%. During approximately the same time period, American economic growth declined from an annual 3.2 percent rate to 1.7 percent. Lower taxes for the rich do not lead to productivity.

    Will the rich stop investing or move to another country if their taxes are increased? Not likely. They have it too good here. As Warren Buffett recently stated, "I have worked with investors for 60 years and I have yet to see anyone - not even when capital gains rates were 39.9 percent in 1976-77 - shy away from a sensible investment because of the tax rate on the potential gain."

    Mr. Buffett is admitting what everyone else is beginning to realize. The rich take much more than they pay for."

    Why the Rich Should Pay Higher Taxes | Common Dreams


    Common dreams can go pound sand, hippy dirtbags. What a bunch of idiots, the military defends you as much as it does me, the poor use the internet as much as I do.


    but I love this idiotic line:


    "Mr. Buffett is admitting what everyone else is beginning to realize. The rich take much more than they pay for."


    Then Mr. Buffet, why are you suing the IRS?


    Berkshire's NetJets Sues IRS Over Tax Bill - WSJ.com




    besides his secratary, that earns from work, 75k more than buffet, would be in a higher tax bracket, than Buffet who takes a 75k salary, they both pay the same on thier capitol gains....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #93
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    any proof of that idiocy
    Don't recall seeing any proofs for yours.




    Sent from my homing pigeon using Crapatalk.
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  4. #94
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,757

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    Don't recall seeing any proofs for yours.




    Sent from my homing pigeon using Crapatalk.
    you ignore the fact that the rich are as likely to support welfare socialism as they are to support laissez faire capitalism

  5. #95
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post

    but I love this idiotic line:


    "Mr. Buffett is admitting what everyone else is beginning to realize. The rich take much more than they pay for."
    Its fortunate that you love it, as it is a major distinction between the candidates and will be a theme from now through the election.

    How did the working class in this country benefit from the GOP War in Iraq that cost us $2 trillion dollars in debt?


    Then Mr. Buffet, why are you suing the IRS?


    Berkshire's NetJets Sues IRS Over Tax Bill - WSJ.com
    Buffett has never suggested he is ok with paying illegal taxes.







    besides his secratary, that earns from work, 75k more than buffet, would be in a higher tax bracket, than Buffet who takes a 75k salary, they both pay the same on thier capitol gains....
    What percentage of Buffett's secretary's income is from capitol gains???
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #96
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    for this crap to have any merit you would have to prove that the richest 5% use more of the government service than the other 95% because the richest 5% pay more federal income taxes than the other 95% comboned.
    Everyone but you, apparently, knows that FIT makes up for less than half of federal taxes. The rich that earn most of their income from investments pay a lower total tax rate than do those who work for a living. Most Americans agree with the presidents, Obama and Reagan, that this is not right.

    You can whine all you want, but it will be decided by the people as it should be.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #97
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Its fortunate that you love it, as it is a major distinction between the candidates and will be a theme from now through the election.

    How did the working class in this country benefit from the GOP War in Iraq that cost us $2 trillion dollars in debt?




    Buffett has never suggested he is ok with paying illegal taxes.

    wow, i guess some rich people get a pass....











    What percentage of Buffett's secretary's income is from capitol gains???

    irrellevant. The poor woman sugfering at 150k a year.


    Class envy is such a funny thing.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #98
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    wow, i guess some rich people get a pass....
    From paying illegal taxes???




    irrellevant. The poor woman sugfering at 150k a year.
    Irrelevant? The whole point is, that because capital gains are now taxed at a lower rate than earned income, those who's income is primarily from investments, like Warren Buffett and Mitt Romney, pay a lower total tax rate on their total income.


    Class envy is such a funny thing.
    You don't understand the purpose of the progressive tax system, as intended by our forefathers, do you?


    I have to agree with presidents Obama and Reagan:

    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #99
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    From paying illegal taxes???

    you havent establised prof they were illegal. He said the rich should pay more. Yet he's suin the irs.





    Irrelevant? The whole point is, that because capital gains are now taxed at a lower rate than earned income, those who's income is primarily from investments, like Warren Buffett and Mitt Romney, pay a lower total tax rate on their total income.

    you forgot john kerry. And most of the senate..... The top of which are democrats....

    Everyone pays the same capitol gains tax no?

    U haz the class envy.


    You don't understand the purpose of the progressive tax system, as intended by our forefathers, do you?

    Sure i do, govenmental theft. And out forfathers? Please proof please. :

    I have to agree with presidents Obama and Reagan:


    on the tapatalk. No interest in your video.
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 04-12-12 at 05:18 PM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #100
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,513

    Re: What are your feelings on the Buffet Rule?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    None of the above. Raise revenue maybe a bit, but not significantly. All it does is try and ensure that if you make more, you pay a higher effective rate.
    What's sad is that on NPR the supporters of it had to be dicks and word it as "to ensure the wealthy pay more". Which of course is absurd, because the wealthy already pay more, and in fact pay the vast majority of the overall non-direct benefit tax burden (and even more proportionally of simply the federal tax).

    I don't support it, but I support your quick and concise remark...compared to the professional panel I hear whining this morning.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •