View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in the 2012 Presidential Election?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

    107 59.78%
  • Romney

    72 40.22%
Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 760

Thread: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I don't see that. Romney is the candidate and he's a moderate Republican. If anything, the Republicans are moving more towards the center and the Dems are becoming increasingly partisan and isolated.

    If the birthers, libertarians (which are also part of the Dem party) and fundamentalists really are in charge of the GOP we wouldn't have Romney as the nominee (they can't stand Romney) and we would have someone like Ron Paul or Bachmann.
    The dems are hardly more partisan and political than the republicans. If anything the dems love to bend over backwards to make the republicans like them.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Romney is not even CLOSE to being a moderate. They have tried to couch him as such, but Romney is almost far-right wing wacko as Santorum was.
    How so? And how does a far right whacko become governor of MA?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #63
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,695

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Romney is not even CLOSE to being a moderate. They have tried to couch him as such, but Romney is almost far-right wing wacko as Santorum was.
    Translation: we move goal posts a lot in order to make the next Republican look like the craziest son of a bitch you'd ever seen, irregardless if the context is true.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #64
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    To those who claim Obama isn't a true liberal or "liberal enough", what policies/ issues are you referring to? Just curious..
    Pretty much on everything....look at his voting record...as a state Senator, a US Senator and now US President. His foreign policy is closer to a conservative than liberal. He certainly hasn't gone overboard in supporting liberal social issues, except for putting an end to DADT. His economic policies are not liberal. Even his healthcare proposal was extremely moderate. As a liberal I would like to see single-payer brought to the table. Obama is too afraid to venture too far from the middle. Probably wise if he wants to appeal to moderates and independents, but certainly not even close to embracing liberal ideas.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #65
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The dems are hardly more partisan and political than the republicans. If anything the dems love to bend over backwards to make the republicans like them.
    I don't see this. They did nothing to gain Republican support for the healthcare bill. All it takes is one Obama speech to see how he trashes the GOP constantly and blames them for the ills of the country. Obama as the president has failed at being the bipartisan healer that he claimed to be, and I find his partisan rants to be childish. I also don't see Dems bending over backwards to Republicans nor do I see any attempt at reaching across the isle on their part.

    The Republicans aren't doing much better, but I don't think it's right to say the Dems bend-over for the GOP and want them to like them.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #66
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,695

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    True...Goldwater actually WAS a small government TRUE Conservative....nothing like the GOP of today.
    Disney, you're playing the liberal "true conservative" card again. There's not really such a thing. Even the conservatives who say it aren't really aware of conservatism's varied history.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #67
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    How so? And how does a far right whacko become governor of MA?
    Digs....have you been following Romney? He is a completely different person today than he was as Governor. The man reinvents himself according to the election. His positions have changed 180 from when he was Governor. Take a look at his record...what his positions were when he was governor and compare them to what he claims his stances are today. The man is a major flip flopper.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #68
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Disney, you're playing the liberal "true conservative" card again. There's not really such a thing.
    Sure there is....if you actually believe in the ideas of the father of modern Conservatism. Today's GOP is not even close to what Goldwater espoused which was small government. The GOP of today is pro-big brother/huge government. Not exactly "Conservative" principles.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Digs....have you been following Romney? He is a completely different person today than he was as Governor. The man reinvents himself according to the election. His positions have changed 180 from when he was Governor. Take a look at his record...what his positions were when he was governor and compare them to what he claims his stances are today. The man is a major flip flopper.
    The only notable thing I've seen is his change on abortion (which I am happy with). If he really is a conservative whacko why do the conservative whackos hate him? Many have trashed Romney for being a "closet liberal" and they tend to support people like Paul or Bachmann/Santorum, not Romney.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  10. #70
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I don't see this. They did nothing to gain Republican support for the healthcare bill. All it takes is one Obama speech to see how he trashes the GOP constantly and blames them for the ills of the country. Obama as the president has failed at being the bipartisan healer that he claimed to be, and I find his partisan rants to be childish. I also don't see Dems bending over backwards to Republicans nor do I see any attempt at reaching across the isle on their part.

    The Republicans aren't doing much better, but I don't think it's right to say the Dems bend-over for the GOP and want them to like them.
    Wh-wh-wh-what! They adopted the REPUBLICAN idea of the insurance mandate as a concession to the public option in order to appease the Republicans and the Blue dogs.....even THAT didn't attract the Repubs...but the blue dogs came along.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •