View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in the 2012 Presidential Election?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

    107 59.78%
  • Romney

    72 40.22%
Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 760

Thread: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

  1. #481
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    I still hate that the OP didn't include an "Other" option. No way I vote for either of those two clowns.
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  2. #482
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I firmly believe this country is f***'ed no matter what, but at least I will vote for someone who would actually challenge the status-quo if elected. It's not my fault that most of America is largely uneducated about what's actually going on, I've done the best I can.
    But since there is no chance of that person being elected, they will never bring change.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  3. #483
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Those with PhDs are more capable of understanding complex subjects and often are well more motivated to do so than general populace. Yup....PhD's only.
    This statement should be taken seriously. I hate democracy in most scenarios because it is illogical to have someone voting on something they know little/nothing about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Such a ****ing stupid sentiment, and such flawed logic, it's amazing. I suggest you be the first to not be allowed to vote based on this suggestion.
    This is one ignorant and immature reaction. I'd like to hear your argument as to why the suggestion was illogical.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Ok, so you think people must have a Phd to vote. Great. Now how about answering the second part of the question: How on earth does that mean they know jack **** about government any more than someone without a PhD?
    Think for just two seconds....
    A person capable and hard working enough to earn a PhD stands a much better chance at understanding the government (or particular parts of it) than someone with a lesser education. It's better to filter the candidates a little too harshly than to let decisions be swayed by people who aren't too educated. On a similar note, I think you should need higher education to be on a jury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    I didn't waste that much time in school just so I could owe for the rest of my life and thus become an snob. But as predicted, you have zilch to put forth that shows someone with a PhD would do a 'better' job at voting than anyone else.

    Kind of reminds me of the reality that if you ever run across someone that brags about being in the special forces, odds are, they are lying. For those that have been there do not brag about it. Same thing with those that brag about being 'smart'.
    You come across as lazy and jealous.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  4. #484
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    This is one ignorant and immature reaction. I'd like to hear your argument as to why the suggestion was illogical.

    You come across as lazy and jealous.
    Because earning a degree does not mean one has intelligence. It means they could follow guidance and do the work. Yes, I know most 'highly' educated people disagree, but some of the dumbest people I have met are 'highly' educated.

    If there was a test on and about government, that would be one thing. But a degree doesn't mean the person knows anything about government, or that they have the inclination to learn or even care about it.

    Lazy and jealous? Whatever, you come across as one of those snotty ********.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  5. #485
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Because earning a degree does not mean one has intelligence. It means they could follow guidance and do the work. Yes, I know most 'highly' educated people disagree, but some of the dumbest people I have met are 'highly' educated.

    If there was a test on and about government, that would be one thing. But a degree doesn't mean the person knows anything about government, or that they have the inclination to learn or even care about it.

    Lazy and jealous? Whatever, you come across as one of those snotty ********.
    I have met dozens of PhDs who were completely clueless about the real world.

  6. #486
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have met dozens of PhDs who were completely clueless about the real world.
    Exactly. But watch as those sort of people come and raise hell and scream about that not being the case. It's gonna be a riot.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  7. #487
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Because earning a degree does not mean one has intelligence. It means they could follow guidance and do the work. Yes, I know most 'highly' educated people disagree, but some of the dumbest people I have met are 'highly' educated.

    If there was a test on and about government, that would be one thing. But a degree doesn't mean the person knows anything about government, or that they have the inclination to learn or even care about it.

    Lazy and jealous? Whatever, you come across as one of those snotty ********.
    I'm glad you think a PhD is awarded just for "following guidance".
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  8. #488
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I'm glad you think a PhD is awarded just for "following guidance".
    Some PhD's are pretty lame dude. Third rate universities are full of them

  9. #489
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Tell you who im not voting for...Paul Ryan or Turtledude...one does 400.00 bottles of WINE...the other just WHINES

  10. #490
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I'm glad you think a PhD is awarded just for "following guidance".
    I will assume you are one of the snotty people that actually think a PhD means 'intelligence', and that's the end of the story.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •