View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in the 2012 Presidential Election?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

    107 59.78%
  • Romney

    72 40.22%
Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 760

Thread: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

  1. #421
    Professor
    Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,945

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Fewer than everyone else in the country. Every state gets two more electors simply by virtue of being a state. DC should, too.
    You're just saying that because you live in DC.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT on Nov 8th, 2012 View Post
    Over the next four years the economy will continue to rebound and we will gradually get deficits under control. The real esate market will rebound, unemployment will fall to 6.5% or below, and GDP growth will stand at 3.5 - 4%. We won't be in any wars. And conservatives will still be whining.

  2. #422
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You're about the right age, I can buy it.
    I wish I had his money.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #423
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You went ahead and made my day
    He has a few years on me.....I am 74......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #424
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    More than memorization, we need a good IQ test. If you're not a classic academic, you can't vote. No dumb people f'n us over so much.
    Is this sarcasm? Honestly! I can't tell!
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  5. #425
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    Is this sarcasm? Honestly! I can't tell!
    It's mostly sarcasm. Though sometimes after reading posts on this board, I kinda wish it were true.

    How different would things look if we only allowed the intelligent and educated to vote?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #426
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's mostly sarcasm. Though sometimes after reading posts on this board, I kinda wish it were true.

    How different would things look if we only allowed the intelligent and educated to vote?
    I am in support of a basic test on government to be allowed to vote. You don't need to even be literate, just knowledgeable.

    In answer to your question, campaign propaganda will be less likely to exploit ignorance since the ignorant could not vote. However there would be a lot less voters.

    Sorry I didn't get the sarcasm. I miss that sort of thing sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  7. #427
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    I am ineligible to vote. If I could vote, however, Obama is the way I would go. Should I vote in the poll?
    Last edited by MadLib; 04-30-12 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Pole? POLL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  8. #428
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
    You're just saying that because you live in DC.
    Yeah! How dare he think that a city almost as populated as Boston should get voting rights! How dare he!
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  9. #429
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    I am in support of a basic test on government to be allowed to vote. You don't need to even be literate, just knowledgeable.

    In answer to your question, campaign propaganda will be less likely to exploit ignorance since the ignorant could not vote. However there would be a lot less voters.

    Sorry I didn't get the sarcasm. I miss that sort of thing sometimes.
    I miss sarcasm most of the time. It's hard to convey properly on internet boards.

    It does seem that allowing only the educated to vote would produce several positive gains in terms of campaigning and the caliber of politician we get; though I still couldn't conceive of taking someone's right to vote. The government is controlled by the governed, not just part of the governed.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #430
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It does seem that allowing only the educated to vote would produce several positive gains in terms of campaigning and the caliber of politician we get; though I still couldn't conceive of taking someone's right to vote. The government is controlled by the governed, not just part of the governed.
    Educated in what way? Must have a masters to vote? Do you think that means they'd know anything about politics or government or policy?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •