View Poll Results: Should it be legalized?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, as quickly as possible

    19 32.76%
  • yes and regulated by the state...

    31 53.45%
  • no way...other people paying for sex ruins my life...

    2 3.45%
  • don't you have anything better to do with your time...

    6 10.34%
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 181

Thread: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

  1. #111
    Educator barbarian_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Existing between 2 entities of darkness
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    761

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    How do you offer proof of something that hasnt yet happened? All we know for sure is that testing is NOT currently happening.
    There are plenty of other countries that you can look to as far as impact statements, try starting there.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Where pissing off the has beens here is fun...
    Last Seen
    04-07-13 @ 09:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian_style View Post
    Really this is the straw your yanking out? I am concerned with the inadequate proposal of it. If I wanted to set up a nuclear dump site in your back yard you should be ok with it providing the argument that you bring to the table.
    Are you kidding me? It was your argument! Care try again? Is there a proposal on the table we don't know about?

    You are really losing it aren't you...that would harm me now wouldn't it?

    Again, if I pay a woman for sex,how does that hurt YOU?

  3. #113
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonI View Post
    Are you kidding me? It was your argument! Care try again? Is there a proposal on the table we don't know about?

    You are really losing it aren't you...that would harm me now wouldn't it?

    Again, if I pay a woman for sex,how does that hurt YOU?
    If that woman you're paying for sex is a 17-year-old runaway who is being systematically controlled into being "all that she can be in your pants" by her pimp? it hurts everyone.

    That's what I would hope de-criminalizing it would stop.
    Last edited by MaggieD; 04-09-12 at 03:40 PM.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #114
    Educator barbarian_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Existing between 2 entities of darkness
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    761

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I've had a change of heart on this issue. We had a thread about this not too long ago, and I was for keeping it illegal. After thinking about all the other posts on the thread, I think I was wrong.

    I think it should be legal. I'll use the same arguments others used in that other thread.

    By making prostitution legal, we are more apt to be able to control those who participate in it -- to make sure there are fewer victims...those controlled by manipulating pimps would like disappear if there were Bunny Ranches...under-aged prostitutes...the spread of disease...to name some areas.

    That would be a good thing.
    I understand that you may have had a change of heart over the deal, but we are not talking about selling dildos. Prostitution has a great big history that we can pull good solid vital proof that can put people in compromised situations that could end up being unhealthy for society.

    Let me pull this apart also as the justification given for the legalization.

    By making justified killings legal, we are more apt to be able to control those who participate in it -- to make sure there are fewer victims...those controlled by manipulating mob bosses would like disappear if there were certified hitmen...under-aged population...the spread of disease could be controlled...to name some areas.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Where pissing off the has beens here is fun...
    Last Seen
    04-07-13 @ 09:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If that woman you're paying for sex is a 17-year-old runaway who is being systematically controlled into being "all that she can be in your pants" by her pimp? it hurts everyone.

    That's what I would hope de-criminalizing it would stop.
    I totally agree under your scenario, but under mine I was referring to two consenting adults...trying to find out how that hurts barbarian...

  6. #116
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian_style View Post
    I understand that you may have had a change of heart over the deal, but we are not talking about selling dildos. Prostitution has a great big history that we can pull good solid vital proof that can put people in compromised situations that could end up being unhealthy for society.

    Let me pull this apart also as the justification given for the legalization.

    By making justified killings legal, we are more apt to be able to control those who participate in it -- to make sure there are fewer victims...those controlled by manipulating mob bosses would like disappear if there were certified hitmen...under-aged population...the spread of disease could be controlled...to name some areas.
    We have a good solid history of the effects of de-criminalizing prostitution: the state of Nevada.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #117
    Educator barbarian_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Existing between 2 entities of darkness
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    761

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonI View Post
    Are you kidding me? It was your argument! Care try again? Is there a proposal on the table we don't know about?

    You are really losing it aren't you...that would harm me now wouldn't it?

    Again, if I pay a woman for sex,how does that hurt YOU?
    Asked and answered go back and read the damn thread.

    personal attacks are not a viable working argument.
    Last edited by barbarian_style; 04-09-12 at 03:45 PM.

  8. #118
    Educator barbarian_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Existing between 2 entities of darkness
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    761

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    We have a good solid history of the effects of de-criminalizing prostitution: the state of Nevada.
    Please post I will look it over. As far as the bad I can provide it.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Where pissing off the has beens here is fun...
    Last Seen
    04-07-13 @ 09:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian_style View Post
    Asked and answered go back and read the damn thread.

    personal attacks are not a viable working argument.
    You're should go back and read what you posted because clearly you have forgotten...maybe because it made no sense...thx for wasting my time!

  10. #120
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian_style View Post
    There are plenty of other countries that you can look to as far as impact statements, try starting there.
    We arent any of those other countries. Our system of government, laws, etc isnt at all similar. However...from Canada...

    "A 2001 study done by the University of Victoria, Dispelling Myths and Understanding Realities Working Conditions, Health Status and Exiting Experiences of Sex Workers, that tested over 201 current and former sex workers from 13 cities across Canada found that only 3.5% of were HIV positive.

    The Nevada State Health Department in the United States where prostitution is legal, tests the sex workers who worked there monthly and as of 1993 (the last report I could find), out of over 20,000 people tested not one test came out positive for the HIV virus."

    Prostitution in Canada provided by Bravenet.com

    take it for what it is worth. I am not going to spend a lot of time digging up research, but a quick google shows this. Im sure there is more info.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •