View Poll Results: Should it be legalized?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, as quickly as possible

    19 32.76%
  • yes and regulated by the state...

    31 53.45%
  • no way...other people paying for sex ruins my life...

    2 3.45%
  • don't you have anything better to do with your time...

    6 10.34%
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 181

Thread: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

  1. #101
    Educator barbarian_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Existing between 2 entities of darkness
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    761

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    That's nonsense. No one in Nevada has been denied unemployment because she or he refused work as a prostitute. People recognize that sex is a very personal thing and sex for money is not something most people are comfortable doing.
    If sex is so personal then why make a public business out of it? The nonsense is saying it's personal then say open for business.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Where pissing off the has beens here is fun...
    Last Seen
    04-07-13 @ 09:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian_style View Post
    Still scratching my head on how you were saying that it was being singled out.
    You're said you were concerned about the health care costs...are you concerned for every new business?

  3. #103
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,722

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    In fact, people drank more during the prohibition then before or since, even children, which is surprising considering the fact that alcohol related deaths dropped during the prohibition despite the dangers of white lightning and moonshine.A lot fo countries which thought they were going to reap taxes from prostitutes actually had a deficit in unpaid taxes.A slave is certainly a victim. The majority of prostitutes can not leave and are abused. Most are raped semi-regularly by pimps and johns, are addicted to drugs and suffer from a variety or emotional problems to include PTSD.Which is where it belongs.
    From a human rights perspective, there can never exist any such a relationship in which a man would purchase and own the body of a woman as a commodity.

    Legalized prostitution greatly exacerbates underground sex-slave human trafficking. Most nations which legalized prostitution, re-banned it after experiencing this truth. The oldest records of prostitution were of slaves.

    Your typical prostitute comes from an abused background, enters prostitution out of desperation and/or coercion (not free choice) and becomes trapped in a life of physical, sexual, emotional, and drug abuse. This is not the life of an independent and free adult choosing to perform a service for a fee. This is a life of being owned and abused.
    no one is denying the problem with the existing system. Thats what making the act illegal does.There ARE women that engage in the sex trade that do it because they LIKE it.They make very good money at it. but absolutely...with the current laws making it criminal you are far more likely to have back alleys and victims. YOu HAVE to agree that there is a TREMENDOUS difference between the street whore being run by pimps (because it is an illegal act) and call girls/madams...right?

  4. #104
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,722

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian_style View Post
    Could I get the source from where you pulled the statistics on this? If not I disagree and think it would be likely to spike greatly.
    You think LEGISLATING and regulating the business through the health department would make it MORE dangerous than an unregulated street hooker???

  5. #105
    Educator barbarian_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Existing between 2 entities of darkness
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    761

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonI View Post
    You're said you were concerned about the health care costs...are you concerned for every new business?
    Really this is the straw your yanking out? I am concerned with the inadequate proposal of it. If I wanted to set up a nuclear dump site in your back yard you should be ok with it providing the argument that you bring to the table.

  6. #106
    Educator barbarian_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Existing between 2 entities of darkness
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    761

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You think LEGISLATING and regulating the business through the health department would make it MORE dangerous than an unregulated street hooker???
    If there is no cameras in the office bedroom work place, yes.

  7. #107
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,722

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian_style View Post
    If there is no cameras in the office bedroom work place, yes.
    It was already mentioned that there should be mandated testing if it were to become legal. How often does that happen today?

  8. #108
    Educator barbarian_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Existing between 2 entities of darkness
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    761

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    It was already mentioned that there should be mandated testing if it were to become legal. How often does that happen today?
    Once again, you bring no evidence to your opinion, thus I don't need to either. HIV testing can give negative results for months, not weeks. How does this help?

  9. #109
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonI View Post
    Since the topic of legalizing marijuana came up, we should discuss another "illegal" activity...

    Should prostitution be legal?
    I've had a change of heart on this issue. We had a thread about this not too long ago, and I was for keeping it illegal. After thinking about all the other posts on the thread, I think I was wrong.

    I think it should be legal. I'll use the same arguments others used in that other thread.

    By making prostitution legal, we are more apt to be able to control those who participate in it -- to make sure there are fewer victims...those controlled by manipulating pimps would like disappear if there were Bunny Ranches...under-aged prostitutes...the spread of disease...to name some areas.

    That would be a good thing.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #110
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,722

    Re: Should prostitution be legal and not just for medical reasons?

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian_style View Post
    Once again, you bring no evidence to your opinion, thus I don't need to either. HIV testing can give negative results for months, not weeks. How does this help?
    How do you offer proof of something that hasnt yet happened? All we know for sure is that testing is NOT currently happening.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •