View Poll Results: Are all black men brainwashed?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 8.33%
  • No

    51 85.00%
  • Other

    4 6.67%
Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 582

Thread: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

  1. #551
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I'll just heed Zyphlin's warning and not address your posts about me personally. But if you all want to continue, feel free.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Nice edit, Hat. Smart.
    ?????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #552
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    A lare majority of Americans eat red meat once a day... must be brainwashing
    It is.....

    The brainwashing in that regard started decades ago.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #553
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    ?????????????
    ?????????????????????????????????????
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #554
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I read nonpareil's comment. It felt like a repetition of what he'd said. Now - do you believe the statement "all women are stupid" is sexist? Using your logic I could claim that it isn't because I've never really experienced sexism.
    Actually, that's not exactly true, and we both know it. But forget it.

    As to your question, I think it would be a stupid statement. I have retracted what I wrote at least a half-dozen times here. Why don't you just pull out your Howitzer and shoot me? Or should I fall on my sword?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #555
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,499

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    You have suggested that blacks are brainwashed, that women and low-income people "drink kool aid" because they don't vote Republican to the extend that you think is right, and have claimed that those who take welfare are enslaved, and you think it's strange when people point out the offensiveness in your posts? Even with all that, I did not call you a racist as I have other posters. If you got nothing else from this thread, get this: racists never think they are racists.
    I missed where she said women and low income people drink kool-aide, but I haven't read the entire thread. I am also not sure how anybody can equate slavery with welfare.

  6. #556
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,499

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    What you also fail to mention is that I later explained that I wasn't sure, but that I thought the edit feature had expired. Now, I could have completely negated your argument by saying the edit feature was closed rather than I think it was closed. But I'm not going to lie. I'm not sure. My words were ill-chosen. I have admitted that. Another poster also said that "conditioned" was a better word than brainwashed. I have embraced that as well.

    If you were a guy, I'd be flattered by all this attention. But, as it is? Notsomuch.
    Who has conditioned/brainwashed them?

    I don't really think you're racist, but I don't think your comment makes much sense. I guess I find hard to understand why some people can't accept the way other people feel, and that those feelings are a valid to them as yours are to you.

  7. #557
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Who has conditioned/brainwashed them?

    I don't really think you're racist, but I don't think your comment makes much sense. I guess I find hard to understand why some people can't accept the way other people feel, and that those feelings are a valid to them as yours are to you.
    SheWolf, respectfully? Of couse it doesn't make much sense. It has been lifted completely out of context by the OP. If you want to know in what context I posted those comments, please go back and read the original thread TPD lifted it from and read in and around my post. Whatever I post here is going to be used to club me over the head; so I'm no longer interested in discussing my opinion on this matter in this thread. Maybe some other time.

    And the next time you post a word wrong as you type off the top of your head, remember...someone at DP may choose that post, pull it out of context, and set you up to be beaten over the head with it by the rest of our members. Be very careful.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #558
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,499

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

    If 90% of black people voting for the Democratic Party makes them brainwashed, then the GLBT community is also brainwashed and women.

    The majority of Evangelic Christians vote for the GOP... they must be brainwashed, along with gun enthusiasts, pro lifers, and other value issue voters.

  9. #559
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    If 90% of black people voting for the Democratic Party makes them brainwashed, then the GLBT community is also brainwashed and women.

    The majority of Evangelic Christians vote for the GOP... they must be brainwashed, along with gun enthusiasts, pro lifers, and other value issue voters.
    I would say yes to all those groups you mentioned except the GLBT community.

    Democratic politicians are by far the more predominate group of politicians who have been in support of equal rights for that group.
    In that case, its just common sense support.

    My views on affirmative action style "support" when it comes to the black community may differ from yours, but I think the government is trying to lend a crutch to black communities while leaving their leg broken rather than suggesting a cast (if you get my metaphor), all to gain their support in elections and nothing more.

    A close 2nd to the GLBT community would be the Gun Rights folks. Democrats have predominately been the group associated with gun control laws, making Gun Rights folks rightfully mistrust them.

    The pro-life and value issue voter/evangelicals are being fed crumbs from a cake they will never get to taste by those particular republicans who feel the need to earn their vote. We should all know by now that nothing is going to be done about abortion, why do something about it when it can CONTINUE to be an issue to divide voters over? Same scenario for the other two groups in this phrase.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #560
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    If 90% of black people voting for the Democratic Party makes them brainwashed, then the GLBT community is also brainwashed and women.

    The majority of Evangelic Christians vote for the GOP... they must be brainwashed, along with gun enthusiasts, pro lifers, and other value issue voters.
    The thing is, most people who claim someone is brainwashed do so only for the people they disagree with. This goes for conservatives, liberals, Christians, atheists, etc.. It's rarely a logical statement. The fact is that most people have beliefs and positions that match their experiences. If a certain group votes together in a particularly manner, it's usually evidence that they've had shared experiences that lead them to a particular conclusion about politics.

    However, rather than seeing it in this rather understandable and logical manner, some people choose to argue instead that those whom they disagree with are brainwashed. Usually, I think those people only evaluate the world from their own experiences and don't take the fact that other people have different experiences seriously. One example of this is how some anti-gay rights people accuse pro-gay rights people of brainwashing their children to think that homosexuality is okay. Such claims are just ways to easily dismiss opinions that you disagree with without having to actually admit that different opinions may have some validity. It's the same with saying all/many/most (who gives a ****, it's the same premise) blacks are brainwashed.

Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •