View Poll Results: Are all black men brainwashed?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 8.33%
  • No

    51 85.00%
  • Other

    4 6.67%
Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 582

Thread: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

  1. #531
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Actually:

    so, she votes, no, and she tells you she wanted to go back and edit the post, yet 14 pages later, you want to lie in order to infer she is a racist? You cheapen the real issue of racism with this circus of a thread.
    No.

    This quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Yeah, I almost went back in to change that to "many."
    is from the original thread. The post you quoted is from this thread. In other words, MaggieD did not tell me that she "messed up" or "wanted to edit" anything. She told me she "almost" went back which makes the quote you posted irrelevant.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 04-09-12 at 11:47 AM.

  2. #532
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    What you also fail to mention is that I later explained that I wasn't sure, but that I thought the edit feature had expired.
    Were the hell did you say that?

  3. #533
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    No.

    This quote:


    is from the original thread. The post you quoted is from this thread. In other words, MaggieD did not tell me that she "messed up" or "wanted to edit" anything. She told me she "almost" went back which makes the quote you posted irrelevant.


    Who the hell are you to think you deserved to be told anything. MaggieD is not a racist, and your obnoxious thread was a call out thread, with the person you called out, stating flatly that she was wrong to use that term and that she is not a racist.

    What else do you want from her? I find your thread in poor taste. Cheapening the real issue of racism, to "get" another poster.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #534
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    No.

    This quote:

    is from the original thread. The post you quoted is from this thread. In other words, MaggieD did not tell me that she "messed up" or "wanted to edit" anything.
    In both threads I retracted the word "all" to "many." In this one, I've repeatedly said that "conditioned" is a better word than "brainwashed."
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #535
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    In both threads I retracted the word "all" to "many." In this one, I've repeatedly said that "conditioned" is a better word than "brainwashed."
    You did not "retract" anything in the original thread which is where you claimed in the second post of this thread you told me you "messed up". Saying, "I almost went back", which is the only post in the original I saw you say anything about it, is not a retraction.

    It also doesn't matter what you said in this thread past the second post because it's validity of the 2nd post that we're talking about and in your second post you claimed that you told me something that you didn't (or at least that I didn't see) in the original thread. Again, "almost" is not a retraction, no matter how you swing it.

    To be honest, it doesn't really matter what you said. I think this post sums everything up quite well:

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    You have suggested that blacks are brainwashed, that women and low-income people "drink kool aid" because they don't vote Republican to the extend that you think is right, and have claimed that those who take welfare are enslaved, and you think it's strange when people point out the offensiveness in your posts? Even with all that, I did not call you a racist as I have other posters. If you got nothing else from this thread, get this: racists never think they are racists.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 04-09-12 at 11:56 AM.

  6. #536
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    It also doesn't matter what you said in this thread past the second post because it's validity of the 2nd post that we're talking about and in your second post you claimed that you told me something that you didn't (or at least that I didn't see) in the original thread. Again, "almost" is not a retraction, no matter how you swing it.
    You are wrong. And this post just looks silly.

    Your "Gotcha Game" is wearing thin.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #537
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    You did not "retract" anything in the original thread which is where you claimed in the second post of this thread you told me you "messed up". Saying, "I almost went back", which is the only post in the original I saw you say anything about it, is not a retraction.

    It also doesn't matter what you said in this thread past the second post because it's validity of the 2nd post that we're talking about and in your second post you claimed that you told me something that you didn't (or at least that I didn't see) in the original thread. Again, "almost" is not a retraction, no matter how you swing it.

    To be honest, it doesn't really matter what you said. I think this post sums everything up quite well:



    So was this thread designed to discuss brainwashing or for you to attack maggieD? Either way, your motives and honesty are suspect.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #538
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You are wrong.
    Okay. This is your second post in this thread after I quoted you.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I've already told you that I was going to go back edit it to "many black men."
    Now you're saying:

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    In both threads I retracted the word "all" to "many."

    This is the quote from the old thread that I saw:
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Yeah, I almost went back in to change that to "many."
    Please show me in the second quote where you told me that were "going to back and edit it". Please show me where you "retracted" the word "all". This should be easy if it's there.

  9. #539
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    This is where you and I went off the rails:

    Originally Posted by theplaydrive
    This is a prime example of the type of poster I don't want to be. Unfortunately, I can definitely see some themes in my own posts from stuff you've posted in this one. I regret that now and yet I will not accept the image that you've painted of me in this post. It's ridiculous and based in a perversion of my arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    TPD, some of my most contentious meets on DP have ended with finding a new friend. Honest! We may not agree, but we agree to disagree and respect each other. What more can we ask from a public website where strangers collide? Did it happen right away? Nope, it didn't. But nonetheless, as we met on other threads about other subjects, we developed that strange friendship that happens only on public forums. I just know that's going to happen with us. And I look forward to it.

    I'm thanking your post, and I look forward to finding common ground on other issues. I really think we will.

    Edit: I just noticed that you edited your post. If you for one MOMENT thought I was talking down to you as if you were an idiot, I apologize that my posts somehow reflected that. You're a smart lady. Very smart, imo.
    You have never gotten over the trouncing you took in this thread. I've had a target on my back from that day to this.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/educat...post1059362766
    Last edited by MaggieD; 04-09-12 at 12:06 PM.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #540
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,989

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)Alright folks, I suggest everyone listen up because this thing is on the cusp.

    While the OP referenced a posters words, it did it in such a way to jump off into a larger political question in general and not directed at the individual or talking about the individual. Nothing wrong with that, it's been done numerous times on this forum.

    However, the past page or so HAS basically been focused on a singular individual, their singular statement on the issue, and arguing about that individual. That's not the purpose of the upstairs and every one of you (whose engaging in doing it on one side, and whose continuing the derail by engaging them back on the other) know it.

    So here's the deal.

    Either get this thread back onto the generalized topic regarding Black Men in America whether they are manipulated into substantial group think or not, or it's going away. If it continues to focus on an individual and it's caused to be flushed and/or closed then those, each and every one, causing it will get action taken against them prior to that closure.

    Now, finally, due to the contentious nature of the past few pages and how much on the edge this thread is, let me be clear about something that's typically borderline with regards to the rules. Going forward in this thread, while you are absolutely free to attack an individuals arguments, accusations of a person being racist, or focusing posts too much on the person themselves (even in relation to their argument), is going to get you a quick exit out of the thread.

Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •