View Poll Results: Are all black men brainwashed?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 8.33%
  • No

    51 85.00%
  • Other

    4 6.67%
Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 582

Thread: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

  1. #521
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You have a very strange take. But not so different than people who see racism behind every bush.
    You have suggested that blacks are brainwashed, that women and low-income people "drink kool aid" because they don't vote Republican to the extend that you think is right, and have claimed that those who take welfare are enslaved, and you think it's strange when people point out the offensiveness in your posts? Even with all that, I did not call you a racist as I have other posters. If you got nothing else from this thread, get this: racists never think they are racists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  2. #522
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    You have suggested that blacks are brainwashed, that women and minorities "drink kool aid" because they don't vote Republican to the extend that you think is right, and have claimed that those who take welfare are enslaved, and you think it's strange when people point out the offensiveness in your posts? Even with all that, I did not call you a racist as I have other posters. If you got nothing else from this thread, get this: racists never think they are racists.
    Im not sure wouldnt it be funny if republicans were almost all white people... then theyd be the brain washed ones...




    ...



    ...



    :O

    !

  3. #523
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's exactly what he's saying and he's right. Black folks like myself, who don't tow the line know exactly what treatment we can expect from our, "brothers". Don't we, OV? I know for a fact that you hate blacks that don't walk the line. We're called race traitors, when we aren't, "down", the bull**** that the Libbos tell us we should be down with.

    Constantly, it's assumed that I'm white, because I'm a Conservative.
    Most people are assumed to be white on a forum dedicated to American politics for the most part. I assumed Stillballing's white, and Objective Voice too, it's the default, while many assume I'm male. Ostracisation for being different is not something particular to black communities or "libbos", try being a Christian among atheists, or vice versa. There's no justification for calling anyone "traitors" for having different opinions, but thanks to the political process, that's what happens all too often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  4. #524
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    You have suggested that blacks are brainwashed, that women and low-income people "drink kool aid" because they don't vote Republican to the extend that you think is right, and have claimed that those who take welfare are enslaved, and you think it's strange when people point out the offensiveness in your posts? Even with all that, I did not call you a racist as I have other posters. If you got nothing else from this thread, get this: racists never think they are racists.
    This
    (10 characters)
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

  5. #525
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    You have suggested that blacks are brainwashed, that women and low-income people "drink kool aid" because they don't vote Republican to the extend that you think is right, and have claimed that those who take welfare are enslaved, and you think it's strange when people point out the offensiveness in your posts? Even with all that, I did not call you a racist as I have other posters. If you got nothing else from this thread, get this: racists never think they are racists.
    I am not a racist, Nonpareil. TPD posted this thread to put a target on my back. To subject me to ridicule and sanction. I can't even remember the thread to go back and pull my comments in context and, frankly, I don't care to. So every once in a while I stop in this one and defend myself from the consequences of a poster whose mission appears to be a little gnat on my ass.

    If posters on this board think I'm a racist, so be it. Ya'll want to make me the subject of a bashing thread? Ya'll want to club me over the head for my opinions? Take my comments out of context? Pile on? Okay. Have fun.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #526
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,578

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I am not a racist, Nonpareil. TPD posted this thread to put a target on my back. To subject me to ridicule and sanction. I can't even remember the thread to go back and pull my comments in context and, frankly, I don't care to. So every once in a while I stop in this one and defend myself from the consequences of a poster whose mission appears to be a little gnat on my ass.

    If posters on this board think I'm a racist, so be it. Ya'll want to make me the subject of a bashing thread? Ya'll want to club me over the head for my opinions? Take my comments out of context? Pile on? Okay. Have fun.

    It is amazing a call out thread like this lasted 14 pages.... I thought your choice of words was quite poor, however, I understood what you were trying to say, and do not think you are a racist. But in this day with the far left running around like chicken littles calling everyone not on thier knees worshiping Obama, "racists", it is not surprising that the usual suspects are on this, as they are. mouth foaming non stop, calling anyone with divergent views. "racist", hypocritically though, mention what Obama has said about white people, and they take the opposite stance...

    A pathetic lot.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #527
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    This came from this quote in another thread:

    I've seen this argument repeated by many posters in many other threads for the year I've been here and I want to know if this is a common assessment of black men - that they are brainwashed and consequently, do not have or are incapable of having their own thoughts. So, do you agree? Moreover, if you answer "yes", do you believe that black men are more "brainwashed" than any other race? And if so, why do you think that black men think less for themselves than other races?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I've already told you that I was going to go back edit it to "many black men." But you don't want to hear that. You want to call me out in a post.

    My vote is "No," by the way.
    TPD, if you knew Maggie messed up and wanted to edit her post to change it, why would you choose to call her out like this? That's pretty lame.


  8. #528
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    TPD, if you knew Maggie messed up and wanted to edit her post to change it, why would you choose to call her out like this? That's pretty lame.
    I already explained it in post #10 which you obviously didn't read before making this post:

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I actually went back to the thread to get the quote where you said that, but you said, "I almost went back" not "I was going to go back", so I assumed that meant you thought the quote was fine which is why you "almost" instead of "actually" went back, so I just kept it like it is since "almost" going back wouldn't change your initial comment. I also don't see much a difference between "all" and "many" to be honest.
    Again, MaggieD didn't tell me she "messed up" and wanted to edit her post. She told me that she "almost" went back. When somebody "almost" goes back and doesn't "actually" go back, they don't want to change anything. Thank you for your time. Please read before making lame accusations out of ignorance.

    In fact, here's the quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Yeah, I almost went back in to change that to "many."
    Can you or her please show me where she told me she "messed up" and that she "wanted to edit her post"? Because all I see is someone who said they almost went back, but didn't showing that they were fine enough with their original words to not even revisit the post.

    Have any comments on the actual thread or are you just here to not read past the second post?
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 04-09-12 at 11:39 AM.

  9. #529
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,578

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I already explained it in post #10 which you obviously didn't read before making this post:



    Again, MaggieD didn't tell me she "messed up" and wanted to edit her post. She told me that she "almost" went back. When somebody "almost" goes back and doesn't "actually" go back, they don't want to change anything. Thank you for your time. Please read before making lame accusations out of ignorance.

    In fact, here's the quote:



    Can you or her please show me where she told me she "messed up" and that she "wanted to edit her post"? Because all I see is someone who said they almost went back, but didn't showing that they were fine enough with their original words to not even revisit the post.

    Have any comments on the actual thread or are you just here to not read past the second post?



    Actually:

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I've already told you that I was going to go back edit it to "many black men." But you don't want to hear that. You want to call me out in a post.

    My vote is "No," by the way.



    so, she votes, no, and she tells you she wanted to go back and edit the post, yet 14 pages later, you want to lie in order to infer she is a racist? You cheapen the real issue of racism with this circus of a thread.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #530
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I already explained it in post #10 which you obviously didn't read before making this post:

    Again, MaggieD didn't tell me she "messed up" and wanted to edit her post. She told me that she "almost" went back. When somebody "almost" goes back and doesn't "actually" go back, they don't want to change anything. Thank you for your time. Please read before making lame accusations out of ignorance.

    Have any comments on the actual thread or are you just here to not read past the second post?
    What you also fail to mention is that I later explained that I wasn't sure, but that I thought the edit feature had expired. Now, I could have completely negated your argument by saying the edit feature was closed rather than I think it was closed. But I'm not going to lie. I'm not sure. My words were ill-chosen. I have admitted that. Another poster also said that "conditioned" was a better word than brainwashed. I have embraced that as well.

    If you were a guy, I'd be flattered by all this attention. But, as it is? Notsomuch.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •