View Poll Results: Are all black men brainwashed?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 8.33%
  • No

    51 85.00%
  • Other

    4 6.67%
Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 582

Thread: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

  1. #511
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    really?

    93% of republicans voted republican in 08?
    damn, I "wonder" why? LOL

    only 89% of democrats voted democrat.

    hmmm makes me "wonder" if republicans are more brainwashed than democrats LOL

    its silly.
    No that post was silly, try again.

  2. #512
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    No that post was silly, try again.
    I agree equally as silly as yours that was the point that obviously flew waaaaaaaaay over your head
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #513
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's exactly what he's saying and he's right. Black folks like myself, who don't tow the line know exactly what treatment we can expect from our, "brothers". Don't we, OV? I know for a fact that you hate blacks that don't walk the line. We're called race traitors, when we aren't, "down", the bull**** that the Libbos tell us we should be down with.

    Constantly, it's assumed that I'm white, because I'm a Conservative.
    No, apdst. You do not know me like that. You've wrongfully based your assessment of my racial beliefs either on one series of PMs I sent to you that originated from an innocent question concerning your background which in truth was merely an attempt to try to understand your position on racial issues better, a private conversation which you terribly misconstrued and still do to this day, or on a few thread posts that discussed certain racial situations I believed were unjust or unwarranted (mostly stemming from commentary made by Rush Limbaugh). Regardless, you've assessment of your position on race raltions is dreadfully wrong.

    I don't hate my people. I just think we're long past the days when we need to continue living with the excuse that if we're not progressing that somehow "it's the White man's fault". That doesn't mean that racism doesn't exist in this country. It does! That much is painfully evident even by the nature of this thread. But you'd be grossly mistaken to think that I hate my own kind or that I'm embarrassed for being Black. Far from it!

    I take great pride in being a Black man. I'm very proud of my African-American heritage. I'm proud of the fact that this nation has finally shed some of its racial bigotry by electing a Black man to the highest office in the land. But unlike some on my African-American peers, I can appreciate that Barack Hussein Obama, Jr., is not only Black (though bi-racial would be more accurate) but he is Black and qualified to be this nation's 44th President. But to scale things back a bit, I don't hate you just because you don't necessarily see race relations where Black people are concerned in the same way. I may think that you're views are very narrow minded and somewhat off base, but I don't hate Black people who don't "walk the line" as you call it as I do. Unlike you, however, I have no problem taking my fellow Black man aside and discussing matters of his behavior I think is counter-productive, i.e., they way he dresses, the way he conducts himself, and I try to encourage each person I meet to do things that can improve his life in positive ways instead of ways inwhich may lead him (or her) to more problems down the road.

    But no, I don't hate Black people who don't think or conduct themselves as I do. Who am I to judge? If anything, I take the advice I've offered yourself and others and I apply it in my daily life, to which, "mentor someone". Teach them how to improve their lives by empowering them, not impossing my will on them. That is the biggest difference I believe between you and me. I've never turned my nose up at you, but I do pity you for your narrow, single mindedness. (Keep in mind, you made it personal, not I.)

  4. #514
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You have a very strange take. But not so different than people who see racism behind every bush.
    Even though you just equated blacks on welfare to being slaves. You have a very strange take, but not so different than the people who constantly try to gloss over obvious race issues as if racism doesn't exist.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

  5. #515
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Johnson View Post
    Even though you just equated blacks on welfare to being slaves. You have a very strange take, but not so different than the people who constantly try to gloss over obvious race issues as if racism doesn't exist.
    Michael, the Zimmerman/Martin threads are calling for you.

    If I've given you the impression that I gloss over obvious race issues as if racism doesn't exist, it's probably because, in my world, it doesn't, Michael. The fact that you choose to misconstrue my words means absolutely nothing to me. Your posts are meaningless attempts at trying to sound engaged. Wait!!! Is that the Zimmerman/Martin threads I hear calling for you?? I think so.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #516
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Michael, the Zimmerman/Martin threads are calling for you.

    If I've given you the impression that I gloss over obvious race issues as if racism doesn't exist, it's probably because, in my world, it doesn't, Michael.
    Of course it doesn't "in your world," which is why you think it's okay for you to use racist statements only.

    Your world doesn't compare to the real world.

    The fact that you choose to misconstrue my words means absolutely nothing to me. Your posts are meaningless attempts at trying to sound engaged. Wait!!! Is that the Zimmerman/Martin threads I hear calling for you?? I think so.
    Off-topic. We're discussing this thread only.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

  7. #517
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If you want to know what I said, they look at the entire quote in context to the question I was asked by Haymarket; not as one of TPD's lame Gotcha Games frequently directed at me.
    I'll have to go back and look for your commentary and judge for myself what you meant. Still, that "conditioning" you're referring to has a history behind it. There's a thread I started long ago...I believe the title was something along the lines of "Race Needs to Die Out in America" or something to that effect. Essentially, my argument was that since we've elected a Black man to the presidency, short of landing a Black man on the moon African-Americans have achieved the same goals as our White counterparts. As such, there really shouldn't be a racial stigma between Blacks and Whites in American anymore. But unfortunately, it would seem that the racial divide has gotten wider, not narrower. But who is really to blame for that?

    White people - both citizens and politicians - claim it is the President himself who has played the race card throughout his presidency and that Black people have fed into the racial tension. While I agree that Pres. Obama has sided more with Black people along racial lines, I don't find anything too unusual about this. After all, every White president throughout this nation's history has put forward initiatives that stood to benefit White Americans moreso than any other minority group. Why then do White people find it "disturbing" or "troubling" or "unfair" or "disingenuous" when a Black president attends a conference of the Black Congressional Caucus and is subsequently labelled a racist is beyond me. Or when he stands up for an injustice imposed upon one of his Black friends who happens to be a professor at a prestigious college and is arrested in his own home even after it's been made plainly obvious that he broke into his own home? Or when a Black man running for the office of the Presidency is ridiculed for attending a Black church for upwards of 20 years? I mean, why should these things surprise people...that a Black man would attend a church of his peers? (BTW, I get the Black Theology issue and "GD America" and all that, but those who are basing their opinions off of sound bites really need to dig alittle deeper and learn exactly what Rev. Wright's surman was about or even what the vast majority of his church services were like before basing everything they know about the President's former place of worship from what little they've seen in the news or replayed on YouTube videos).

    My point here is simple: "Seek first to understand, then be understood." If you as a White person really want to know what makes a Black man tick, why not sit down and hold an honest, open discussion with a Black man instead of throwing out generalities or jumping to conclusions as to what you think drives us. You're likely find we are just as diverse and have many of the same problems White people do.

    Your first bolded sentence above? I'd ask you to ask that question of your fellow African-Americans. [RE: Am I not Black enough?] That sounds like a very strange thing to say...never heard a white person say that in my life. I suspect there's a whole interesting story behind that question.
    No story except that my dad didn't eat that kind of "soul food" often and I never acquired a taste for much of it. It is funny, though, when I tell some of my Black friends that I hate chitterlings they always say, "You don't know what you're missing." To which I respond, "Oh, yes, I do!" And believe me, it ain't much. LOL

    Your second bolded sentence above: What a horrible and racist thing to say. Not really. You are pointing out what you see as reality. The KKK was begun by "Conservative Democrats." Interesting use of the word "conservative." Do you mean to say these Conservative Democrats changed into Republicans? Democrats were behind the KKK. Their first targets were black and white Republicans. Who knew?
    To clarify, yes, Conservative Democrats started the KKK, but my point in bringing up this issue was to point out that while Blacks were being pursecuted by the Klan, powerful White Republicans mostly sat on the sidelines until matters got so out of control they had no choice but to step in and do something about it. But here's the rub - and it's the point I want people to understand where "trust" among Blacks in Democrats stem from - although a strong segment of Democratic politicians were behind the Klan, when Black people needed the help of powerful Republicans, they mostly sat on the sidelines until their positions of power, wealth and prestige were threatened. In a nutshell, Republicans lost the Black vote when they refused to stand up for our Civil Rights in the 50's and 60's. To this day, the Republican Party still doesn't do enough to endear Blacks to their cause. You talk prosperity and opportunity for all, but even knowing what the unemployment rate is within the African-American community what exactly have Republicans done to turn that 18% unemployment rate around? Have you loosened restrictions on community banks in Black communities? Have you fostered business growth in Black neighborhoods? Have you worked to get rid of Affirmative Action in a meaningful way where Blacks and other minorities believe they'll get a fair shake at jobs typically held by our White counterparts? I'm not asking these questions to further widen the racial divide, but rather to make people think.

    Referring back to the thread I mentioned above, I encourage you to find it and read it, but consider the legal roadblocks that were set in the path of many Blacks that have contributed to the stigma of prosperity for Blacks that linger even to this day. Read it, then try to see what Black people see every single day. For some of us, things have gotten better but IMO that has more to do with some of us taking matters into our own hands than accepting what's been "given" to us (i.e., entitlements, welfare, food stamps...)

    I included this post here because apdst has shared with us that he is black also, as is Objective Voice, as is BlackDog. There's is the perspective I'm most interested in. Not those who would cry like little babies and call me a racist.
    Well, now you have alittle of my perspective on what it means to be Black in American. If you'd like to talk more, I'm always just a PM away.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 04-09-12 at 12:17 AM.

  8. #518
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Johnson View Post
    Off-topic. We're discussing this thread only.
    No, my sweet little kumquat. The only thing you've discussed so far is Maggie. You haven't voted. You haven't given your opinion on the OP. I have nothing more to say to you, SLK.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #519
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    No, my sweet little kumquat. The only thing you've discussed so far is Maggie. You haven't voted. You haven't given your opinion on the OP. I have nothing more to say to you, SLK.
    Your statements are part of the topic so therefore I have given my opinion on the matter, even though half the people on this thread went off-topic 10 pages ago.

    And for the record I have voted so that's another strike against you, my sweety poo.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

  10. #520
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's exactly what he's saying and he's right. Black folks like myself, who don't tow the line know exactly what treatment we can expect from our, "brothers". Don't we, OV? I know for a fact that you hate blacks that don't walk the line. We're called race traitors, when we aren't, "down", the bull**** that the Libbos tell us we should be down with.

    Constantly, it's assumed that I'm white, because I'm a Conservative.
    BTW, by your own admission you're Black but clearly we all don't think or act alike, thus we're not so monolithic as one protests. Then again, as you've said you don't "tow the line" so one might say you're not one of "us". So, you don't count. LOL (sarcasm, still be mindful of what you say. It could come back and bite you in the cyber-butt.)

Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •