View Poll Results: Are all black men brainwashed?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 8.33%
  • No

    51 85.00%
  • Other

    4 6.67%
Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 582

Thread: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

  1. #481
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    What does having the opinion that welfare programs that in the past have offered a handout instead of a hand up is just another form of marginalizing and figuratively enslaving black people have to do with hating them?
    It has to do with the thinking that blacks who take "hands out" are slaves, like being "enslaved". See the offensiveness in that yet? If that's what you think being "enslaved" is, you need to take a history lesson. Welfare is available in almost all advanced western economy, people don't call those who need it "enslaved". And who marginalise them? The people who put out the message that they are lazy, scheming, brainwashed addicts.

    You want to talk about brainwashed, where did the "hand out not hand up" come from? The conservative establishment does a good job of keeping its flock in tune with the conservative mentra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  2. #482
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Anyone who has participated in construction has worked in plumbing, if you were in that trade for any length of time would know that. The formalized certification requirement is not much when you already have had hands-on experience. Any shortage of plumbers is simply a matter of certification because those who have the skills set right now are in great numbers.
    what a fascinating claim. can you provide evidence to back it up? if so, allow me to join you in the effort to strike down state certification limitations.

    More BS. The middle class jobs have been hit tremendouslyUS society is splitting in two on ECONOMIC LEVELS.....not because of "behavior".
    no, the inability of our public education to adequately equip our middle-performers for an employment atmosphere marked by accelerating change is indeed one of our key problems, but when you are talking about the actual destruction of wealth in this nation and the bifurcation of society, you are talking about trends that (at least, right now) are definitely being driven primarily by behavioral forces. Divorce being the biggest. You can divide Americans into the people who have gotten and stayed married and those who have gotten divorced one or more times and/or are currently not married (especially to the other parent of their children), and you will have as neatly divided America into it's upper and lower income halves as any other measure available.

  3. #483
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I am not going to say all black men are brainwashed but many of them are conditioned to think that all or most whites are racists and out to get them. Also anyone, white or black or otherwise (and their are plenty) who mindlessly follow Sharpton and Jackson's racist asses cannot think for themselves.
    That's probably the first time I have seen a poster say minorities are brainwashed.

    Personally I don't understand why it's impossible to think minorities and the way they vote and think, or their beliefs can't be valid on some level. It just can't be be valid of minorities to think the way they do, so they must all be brainwashed.

  4. #484
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    what a fascinating claim. can you provide evidence to back it up? if so, allow me to join you in the effort to strike down state certification limitations.
    Where did I say anything about "striking down" anything? What a totally dishonest inference. You take a 2009 article that speculates on projected "shortages" when new construction is at an all time low.



    no, the inability of our public education to adequately equip our middle-performers for an employment atmosphere marked by accelerating change is indeed one of our key problems, but when you are talking about the actual destruction of wealth in this nation and the bifurcation of society, you are talking about trends that (at least, right now) are definitely being driven primarily by behavioral forces. Divorce being the biggest. You can divide Americans into the people who have gotten and stayed married and those who have gotten divorced one or more times and/or are currently not married (especially to the other parent of their children), and you will have as neatly divided America into it's upper and lower income halves as any other measure available.
    Ah, I see.....the "actual destruction of wealth in this nation", "right now", is being caused by "divorce"......not the Bush recession, not the real decline in household wealth caused by the housing bust.....not the evaporation of large numbers of good paying middle income jobs...it is really all about "divorce".

    What is in the water over there?

    Puzzle me this: Are you looking at the chicken or the egg? One the biggest factors in the stability of a marriage is its economics. If job security is there, incomes are adequate, that creates the basis for a strong marriage. It isn't everything for a marriage, but it is pretty critical. So if you have an argument that divorce is "destroying wealth", could it be that you are looking at it upside down, in that a cause of divorce is economic problems? There are a number of reasons why couples divorce, but since the 70's the stats have stabilized, there hasn't been a big upturn after the advent of "no fault" divorce (and if you want to force people to stay in an unhappy relationship I'd like to see your rationale), but I really think you have it all backwards.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 04-08-12 at 02:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #485
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    No more or less than people who think war is destructive should be forced to fund the gigantic military complex or foreign invasions with their tax dollar. If everyone get to decide what every cent of their tax dollar will or will not fund, many of the things essential to the country wouldn't get funded.
    Conservatives don't want taxpayers funding PP at all, not just abortions, but they have no issue with making all taxpayers fund pro-life Crisis Pregnancy Centers. They clearly and obviously want taxpayers to fund their beliefs, which matters everything seem worse considering their stance on this entire issue.

  6. #486
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    It has to do with the thinking that blacks who take "hands out" are slaves, like being "enslaved". See the offensiveness in that yet? If that's what you think being "enslaved" is, you need to take a history lesson. Welfare is available in almost all advanced western economy, people don't call those who need it "enslaved". And who marginalise them? The people who put out the message that they are lazy, scheming, brainwashed addicts.

    You want to talk about brainwashed, where did the "hand out not hand up" come from? The conservative establishment does a good job of keeping its flock in tune with the conservative mentra.
    You have a very strange take. But not so different than people who see racism behind every bush.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #487
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    you want me to prove a negative? no - you argued a positive claim: that the GOP wants to "shut down PP". So far all you have provided evidence of is Republicans saying they don't want to give taxpayer dollars to PP; which is fine. We don't give taxpayer dollars to lots of organizations that sell goods or services. Sam Adams brewery, for example.

    I could certainly see your point if you wished to make it that many conservatives wish to (in most cases) end abortion. But, as you yourself point out, PP =/= abortion.
    Here's the thing, I believe that the majority of pro lifers want to end Planned Parenthood. I have been to enough debate groups and have seen enough pro-lifers make attacks on PP. I have heard people claim that PP gives out faulty condoms just so they can preform more abortions. PP is racist, PP targets the poor, and killing poor unborn children and promotes genocide, etc. etc. and all other kinds of idiotic statements and attacks.

    The last thing any pro lifers do is donate money to PP or talk about what a great foundation PP is. If you think Conservatives want to see PP continue as an organization to help women, then that's your damn opinion. And I don't have to prove any evidence to support my own damn opinions.

    I feel my opinion is justified and valid. Social conservatives want to shut down PP as badly as they want to prevent gay marriage. When the GOP started blindly attacking ALL funding to PP, after a video went viral making PP look like a corrupt industry, they were appealing to the pro lifers, specifically these pro lifers who hate PP.

    Pro lifers want to shut down PP. If pro lifers didn't, and pro-lifers put women's health above ending access to affordable women's healthcare, we wouldn't have seen the Susan G. Komen controversy.

    Can you argue differently or convince me to contrary? Because if you can't, then I have no reason but to believe most pro lifers are not pro PP, and GOP isn't either.
    Last edited by SheWolf; 04-08-12 at 02:06 PM.

  8. #488
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Ah, yes, Here we agree. (I love common ground.) In the matter we're discussing, elected representatives made a decision not to support PP. If my elected representatives make a decision to cut the military budget...or increase the military budget...then that's the way it is. This was done by a vote of Congress. Not Maggie sittin' around grumping about how my tax dollars are spent.
    The argument was based on ending abortion funding, but they blindly stopped ALL funding to PP. That's the real problem I have with the issue and the way it was handled. Arguments were made about it eventually costing taxpayers more money in terms of poor women not having access to family planning. Medicaid (in my state, and I assume it's the same in every state), does not pay for female sterilization.

    I know somebody on welfare, and she had five kids by the time she was 19. She had two sets of twins. She wanted her tubes tied, but Medicaid wouldn't pay for any cost. PP is a great option to help somebody like her, but these social conservative pro lifers attacked PP funds blindly.

    They didn't even seem to think or want to consider the arguments of how much money it would cost in an increased demand of social services, uninsured pregnant women in need of prenatal care, etc.

    The entire basis of the argument is pro-lifer, which really isn't practical. They can't end abortion legally, so they attack PP because it provides them. That's all it comes down to.

  9. #489
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonI View Post
    Not all, just the ones who vote republican...
    No, you mean the one's who vote Democrat...

  10. #490
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You have a very strange take. But not so different than people who see racism behind every bush.
    It is not "strange" at all, you decided to equate welfare for blacks with being a slave, and then you complain about racism being brought up. It is so dishonest.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •