View Poll Results: Are all black men brainwashed?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 8.33%
  • No

    51 85.00%
  • Other

    4 6.67%
Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 582

Thread: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

  1. #411
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    And we get declarations like welfare is enslaving people, when the real answer is that people just have different points of view and regard common sense to be different things.
    This pretty much sums up all the points that started and have been discussed in this thread. It seems as though certain people - on this board and off it - assume that any choice that doesn't make sense to them must be the product of enslavement and brainwashing. That's just not the case.

  2. #412
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I can't think of any more noble cause than that, Sawyer. Not one.
    sorry, but i see nothing "noble" about manipulating government policy with an intent to glean a racial vote
    what next, republicans going to confer citizenship on illegals only to receive the hispanic vote
    that's just more racist pandering
    yes, it is pandering to another race other than whites, but it is still pandering
    why not instead do what is best for America and not what promotes the republican or democratic parties


    let's elevate the solution away from a discussion of race and instead recognize that we need to resolve socio-economic problems by helping the impoverished out of poverty no matter what their race happens to be
    sure, there are more blacks and hispanics who will need help, as a proportion of those ethnic populations, but so what, we need to help everyone in our nation who is mired in poverty to escape it. does not matter what color they happen to be
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #413
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That is not what anyone means or said. It is not bull****, about blacks wanting their kids in private school etc. My daughter fought hard to get my grandchild into a private school because the public schools in and around Orlando are not great. Not saying the teachers are not trying, it's the atmosphere. Just not conducive to good learning.
    That's not what I was referring to. The bull**** part was the entire schtick about black conservatives "speaking good English" and black people "become conservative" when they are "more educated."
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  4. #414
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Well, that we can agree on, but it's not a problem that's easily fixable.
    I think Maggie is right though. A good answer could be a larger number of smaller schools and choice by parents where to send them. This could take the form of a voucher system or some other system, public, private, or a hybrid.

    I don't know if I would immediately go for a voucher system because government oversight would likely not be sufficient, but its a good organizing tool as it would inherently segregate parents who care from parents who don't and that would certainly help.

  5. #415
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I read people's words. If people don't want me to think that they mean "blacks are brainwashed and enslaved", they shouldn't say "blacks are brainwashed and enslaved". If people don't want me to think that they mean everything is a matter of choice and personal responsibility, then they shouldn't say, "everything is a matter of choice and personal responsibility" and dismiss any alternative explanation as an "excuse".

    People should learn to stand by their comments instead of abandoning them at the first sign of trouble as is being done here by excusing arguments as mere "imagery" . Isn't that the essence of "personal responsibility"?
    Have you now gotten the distinct impression that I don't care what you think?? Your constant baiting isn't lost on me, TPD. I'd put you on ignore, but it's just too darned much fun watching you act out.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #416
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    not at all - that people become addicted to easy, free government handouts is precisely a portion of the conservative argument here.
    Um, the problem as always is JOBS, there are not enough JOBS that match the skill set present. If your argument is that they need to increase their skill sets, sure, but to what?...and how does one do that while being un/under/employed? Good paying low-mid level jobs (manufacturing, municipal) have been decimated through off-shoring, automation and reduced state spending. The middle class is being divided where some have been able to push upwards while most are dropping down.

    Of course, most of your argument is based on the premise that "welfare" still exists at levels of the past. Did you skip the 90's?
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 04-07-12 at 12:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #417
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    That's not what I was referring to. The bull**** part was the entire schtick about black conservatives "speaking good English" and black people "become conservative" when they are "more educated."
    Well there is some truth to that but it is by no means any kind of rule. Many very educated intelligent blacks are progressives as well. In fact in far larger numbers. My totally hot wife is a good example.

    Of course she would never admit she is a liberal, but she is. Cancels out my votes ever year, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #418
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I think Maggie is right though. A good answer could be a larger number of smaller schools and choice by parents where to send them. This could take the form of a voucher system or some other system, public, private, or a hybrid.

    I don't know if I would immediately go for a voucher system because government oversight would likely not be sufficient, but its a good organizing tool as it would inherently segregate parents who care from parents who don't and that would certainly help.
    I'm not against a voucher system but it's not the silver bullet many folks seem to want it to be. I do agree though that if public schools are ****ty in a particular area, people should have more choice.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  9. #419
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I think Maggie is right though. A good answer could be a larger number of smaller schools and choice by parents where to send them. This could take the form of a voucher system or some other system, public, private, or a hybrid.

    I don't know if I would immediately go for a voucher system because government oversight would likely not be sufficient, but its a good organizing tool as it would inherently segregate parents who care from parents who don't and that would certainly help.
    The problem with the voucher system is that it, again, only benefits people who are already going to be successful because they are already making positive choices. Our education system isn't much a problem for students of parents who make good choices, it's a problem for the students of parents who don't. It's better to use our time and resources to improve ALL schools instead using it to just continue the pattern of making sure certain schools are good and others are not.

  10. #420
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I think Maggie is right though. A good answer could be a larger number of smaller schools and choice by parents where to send them. This could take the form of a voucher system or some other system, public, private, or a hybrid.

    I don't know if I would immediately go for a voucher system because government oversight would likely not be sufficient, but its a good organizing tool as it would inherently segregate parents who care from parents who don't and that would certainly help.
    Thinking about this, this could even be achieved by sectioning off already existing schools into "pods" or something. Each pod being somewhat independent, but functionally complete with its own achievement reporting structure. Also, this sort of setup would probably reduce administrative cost (one principal and staff instead of many, bussing, maintenance, etc) and get more funds where they are actually needed.

Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •