View Poll Results: Are all black men brainwashed?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 8.33%
  • No

    51 85.00%
  • Other

    4 6.67%
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 582

Thread: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

  1. #31
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Ah, so you do define brainwashed as "not agreeing with you".
    Stop stealing my lines!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #32
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    In the sense I was talking about, white men? No. Last one? I don't think anyone is trying to subliminally feed them excuses for being poor or not having a good job.
    And this does not make it any better. Brainwashing seems to you to be dependent on one issue, and one method. That is just stupid. If you make it less stupid, then you have some people being more resistant to the continuous attempts to brainwash us every day than others. What you are probably really doing is attempting to marginalize those who do not feel the same way you do about things.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I think at this point most people are amending the statement to read "many" instead of "every". It still warrants separate discussion using that terminology.
    Maybe so, and it may give people a "pass" as far as being called a racist. Although in some circumstances I think it is appropriate.

    If we are talking about the overwhelming majority of back men who vote Democrat then using the term "many" is accurate. Although making the statement that many vote Democrat because they are brainwashed may be racist (especially if it is implied that they do so purely bring brainwashing/lack of intelligence).
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  4. #34
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And this does not make it any better. Brainwashing seems to you to be dependent on one issue, and one method. That is just stupid. If you make it less stupid, then you have some people being more resistant to the continuous attempts to brainwash us every day than others. What you are probably really doing is attempting to marginalize those who do not feel the same way you do about things.
    *Sigh* It doesn't depend on one issue. Many people will succeed or fail in life based on what's been pre-programmed in their heads. Where I made that comment was in a thread where the discussion had rolled around to the difference between the black community's reaction to Martin/Zimmerman as opposed to the fact that 300+ black-on-black murders have happened since. But I suspect you know that.

    I'm not defending my "all" - statement. I told PlayDrive I was going to edit it to say "many." The edit feature had closed. (I believe...I'm not even sure about that.) Nonetheless, I admitted that was wrong. So shoot me.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #35
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    The APA officially does not believe in brainwashing.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #36
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Maybe so, and it may give people a "pass" as far as being called a racist. Although in some circumstances I think it is appropriate.

    If we are talking about the overwhelming majority of back men who vote Democrat then using the term "many" is accurate. Although making the statement that many vote Democrat because they are brainwashed may be racist (especially if it is implied that they do so purely bring brainwashing/lack of intelligence).

    I wasn't even thinking of the racism aspect, to be honest. I think a lot of people assume that the only way someone could disagree with them about a certain issue would be if they are brainwashed.

    Ironically, the entire idea that many black people are "brainwashed" into supporting programs that "keep them down" could be described as a form of brainwashing in and of itself since very few people who say such things actually came to that conclusion on their own from their own research and analysis.

    In the vast majority of instances, they are merely regurgitating something they heard someone else say which they automatically believed without ever putting in the effort to research the veracity of the claim.

    Now while that could be described as brainwashing, I would just call it "normal" since most people seem to do this type of thing regardless of what side of the fence they are on.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 04-05-12 at 01:50 PM.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #37
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The APA officially does not believe in brainwashing.
    They don't officially disbelieve in it either, so what's your point?
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  8. #38
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,411

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    I don't see any evidence of brainwashing in the general public. Mostly, people do what they want.

  9. #39
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    I think we are, along with every other race in this country. And the evidence to back it up is the crap these politicians get away with.

    1) Democratic politicians convince people that Bush was involve with 911.
    2) Republican politicians convince people that Obama hated America (Glen Beck).

    That is why politics is good business because people in this country are emotional and not logical thinker.

  10. #40
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Where I made that comment was in a thread where the discussion had rolled around to the difference between the black community's reaction to Martin/Zimmerman as opposed to the fact that 300+ black-on-black murders have happened since.
    How do you know what the black communities reaction to black on black violence is?

    It certainly doesn't make the news around here too often. Have you ever actually been to any of the rallies on that specific subject in Englewood or a similar neighborhood around here? Have you ever been in Englewood?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •