View Poll Results: Are all black men brainwashed?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 8.33%
  • No

    51 85.00%
  • Other

    4 6.67%
Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 582

Thread: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

  1. #321
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    that is not true. were that the case, we would be pushing to pass laws that state that PP does not have the right to charge for its' services or accept donations. neither of those have been suggested. All republicans have done is try to stop tax payer dollars from going to PP. That no more "shuts down PP" than having the government not subsidize McDonalds "Shuts Down Micky-D's". Let me know when you have actual supporting evidence for your assertion.
    So you're telling me no Conservatives actually want to shut down PP? Do you have evidence of that?

  2. #322
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Respecfully, SheWolf, there are lots of people in this country who think abortion is murder. (I'm not one of them.) They are entitled to their opinions, just like ProChoicers are entitled to theirs. Abortions are legal. They're going to continue to be legal. But that doesn't mean that those people who don't believe they should be legal should be forced to fund organizations that provide them with their tax dollars.
    People who do not understand the meaning of words are not people whose opinion we shoud care about.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #323
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    The funding that was discontinued will not cause PP to shut down. In fact, the controversy actually increased their revenue from other sources.



    I don't have any knowledge about Crisis Pregnancy Centers to opine on why, SheWolf. But I still think that those people who are appalled by the thought of abortion have a right to have their voices heard re their tax dollars.
    They blindly attacked all their funding. It's not simply about just abortion. It's about PP as an entire company. I don't know how anybody can see it differently. Why would a pro lifer at Susan G Komen want to defund breast cancer screening at PP if they didn't want to just attack abortion funding?

  4. #324
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    see, it's evil middle aged white men like you who don't understand the special health and electoral needs of women.
    Hey look, straw man.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #325
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    They blindly attacked all their funding. It's not simply about just abortion. It's about PP as an entire company. I don't know how anybody can see it differently. Why would a pro lifer at Susan G Komen want to defund breast cancer screening at PP if they didn't want to just attack abortion funding?
    The ProLifer who did that doesn't represent the Republican Party, Congress or you or me. And neither does the Susan Komen Foundation.

    SheWolf, I can see you're very passionate about this, and I don't think I'm going to change your mind. In this case, on this topic, I'm just going to agree that we disagree.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #326
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    The ProLifer who did that doesn't represent the Republican Party, Congress or you or me. And neither does the Susan Komen Foundation.

    SheWolf, I can see you're very passionate about this, and I don't think I'm going to change your mind. In this case, on this topic, I'm just going to agree that we disagree.
    Of course I know that she doesn't speak for the entire party, but this conversation started out why minorities and women don't vote for the party more. The fact is, the party didn't denounce what the pro lifer at Susan G. Komen did. Pro lifers/Conservatives didn't say "we don't want to shut down PP, we just don't want money funding abortion." It's like they don't even try to appeal to women or the middle, just their base.

    If they actually did say it like that, that would have been a moderate position and something could have been reconciled to make sure abortion wasn't funded with taxpayer dollars and women in need of healthcare, were not going to find themselves with no access to it.

    The party doesn't come off as moderate or even seem to bat an eyelid at the concerns of women and health needs. Cpwill thinks is a joke, "special needs" or something like that.
    Last edited by SheWolf; 04-07-12 at 12:56 AM.

  7. #327
    User Clandestine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    03-16-14 @ 01:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    127

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Yes they are.Courtesy of the white devil.

  8. #328
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,080

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Aggregate tax reven ue has jack and **** to do with what individuals pay.
    except, of course, for the fact that they are directly related - given that "what individuals pay" add up to "aggregate revenue"

    Nominal rates in fact directly influence how much each person pays.
    no. effective tax rates are what people pay. nominal tax rates have as much influence as any individual deduction they rate, the number of kids they have, etc.

    [quote]Yes in fact it is that no one will say. PolitiFact | Obama says Republicans in Congress won't name one tax exemption they want to repeal

    now this is funny right here, and precisely why politifact has the reputation it does (not a compliment). from their own citation:


    Wallace: "All right. I understand, this is not your committee, it's the Ways and Means Committee. Can you tell me any (tax exemptions) that you're willing to say, do away with it?"

    Ryan: "What I would say on doing away with it, is who would we do away with it for. And what we're saying is the people who disproportionately use those, it's the top two tax rate payers use almost of those tax expenditures. We would limit these things to those higher income earners."

    Wallace: "Even things like the deduction for health insurance and pensions and home mortgage?"

    Ryan: "Yes, right. Instead of giving these write-offs to the people in the top tax bracket, take those tax shelters away.


    Due to the way the nominal rate change is designed, it is almost impossible that lower and middle class people, some of them, maybe lots of them, will end up paying more
    some individuals probably will, just as some wealthy individuals probably will end up paying less. some poor and middle class individuals will end up paying less, just as some wealthy individuals will end up paying more. is your argument a complaint that it is impossible to craft an individual tax policy for each American household?

    while many if not most wealthy people will pay less. In point of fact, it is designed that way. FactCheck.org : Does House Budget Plan Cut Taxes or Not?
    yes. when you count only nominal decreases without counting offsetting credit deductions, you get a score of decreased effective rates. in other news, when you only count the games in which the person playing the red checkers wins, the person playing black checkers always loses.

    Wait, so now Ryan's plan raises revenue?
    no - that he was raising taxes on people was your claim. my point was simply that if you want to increase revenue, then currently our relatively undertaxed cohort is not our upper, but rather our middle income earners.

    Huh? That is bull****.
    Feel Free To Check Them.

    citing from their tax section:

    ...Tax reform should lower tax rates, reduce the deficit, simplify the tax code, reduce the tax gap, and make America the best place to start a business and create jobs. Rather than tinker around the edges of the existing tax code, the Commission proposes fundamental and comprehensive tax reform that achieves these basic goals:

    Lower rates, broaden the base, and cut spending in the tax code. The current tax code is riddled with $1.1 trillion of tax expenditures: backdoor spending hidden in the tax code. Tax reform must reduce the size and number of these tax expenditures and lower marginal tax rates for individuals and corporations – thereby simplifying the code, improving fairness, reducing the tax gap, and spurring economic growth. Simplifying the code will dramatically reduce the cost and burden of tax preparation and compliance for individuals and corporations.

    Reduce the deficit. To escape our nation’s crushing debt and deficit problem, we must have shared sacrifice – and that means a portion of the savings from cutting tax expenditures must be dedicated to deficit reduction. At the same time, revenue cannot constantly increase as a share of the economy. Deficit reduction from tax reform will be companied by deficit reduction from spending cuts—which will come first. Under our plan, revenue reaches 21 percent of GDP by 2022 and is then capped at that level.

    Maintain or increase progressivity of the tax code. Though reducing the deficit will require shared sacrifice, those of us who are best off will need to contribute the most. Tax reform must continue to protect those who are most vulnerable, and eliminate tax loopholes favoring those who need help least....
    they made three basic rate recommendations:

    (eliminate all deductions): 8%, 14%, 23%

    (Child Tax Credit and EITC): 9%, 15%, 24%

    (Child Credit, EITC, Mortgage Interest, Employer-Provided Health Insurance, Charitable Giving, Retirement Savings): 12%, 22%, 28%

    Which, they figured, would increase revenue by over a Trillion dollars over a decade. Not bad in a days work. Not too terribly hard for me to conceive, given that, a number of ways that you could drop to 10 and 15% while not producing an additional revenue of $1 Trillion, but rather keeping it revenue neutral by cutting out deductions and credits. Probably Ryan's suggestion of "no deductions or credits for those over $250K a year" alone would be just about if not sufficient.
    Last edited by cpwill; 04-07-12 at 01:05 AM.

  9. #329
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    except, of course, for the fact that they are directly related - given that "what individuals pay" add up to "aggregate revenue"
    But they flow from indivdual to aggregate. What the aggreage pays does not effect what the indivudal pays, rather the other way around.

    no. effective tax rates are what people pay. nominal tax rates have as much influence as any individual deduction they rate, the number of kids they have, etc.
    Nominal rate have a direct effect on what people pay, they directly affect the effective tax rate.


    now this is funny right here, and precisely why politifact has the reputation it does (not a compliment). from their own citation:


    Wallace: "All right. I understand, this is not your committee, it's the Ways and Means Committee. Can you tell me any (tax exemptions) that you're willing to say, do away with it?"

    Ryan: "What I would say on doing away with it, is who would we do away with it for. And what we're saying is the people who disproportionately use those, it's the top two tax rate payers use almost of those tax expenditures. We would limit these things to those higher income earners."

    Wallace: "Even things like the deduction for health insurance and pensions and home mortgage?"

    Ryan: "Yes, right. Instead of giving these write-offs to the people in the top tax bracket, take those tax shelters away.
    Oddly, that does not disprove my comment. At all.

    some individuals probably will, just as some wealthy individuals probably will end up paying less. some poor and middle class individuals will end up paying less, just as some wealthy individuals will end up paying more. is your argument a complaint that it is impossible to craft an individual tax policy for each American household?
    Except that your odds of getting a tax cut go up as you make more. Your odds of paying more go up if you make less.

    yes. when you count only nominal decreases without counting offsetting credit deductions, you get a score of decreased effective rates. in other news, when you only count the games in which the person playing the red checkers wins, the person playing black checkers always loses.
    So what you are saying is with the data we have now I am right, and when more data comes out, I will probably but not certainly be right. Funny how that works.


    no - that he was raising taxes on people was your claim. my point was simply that if you want to increase revenue, then currently our relatively undertaxed cohort is not our upper, but rather our middle income earners.
    Can we keep our arguments strait. I never claimed a revenue increase. A tax increase on some people in not necessarily a revenue increase.



    Feel Free To Check Them.

    citing from their tax section:



    they made three basic rate recommendations:

    (eliminate all deductions): 8%, 14%, 23%

    (Child Tax Credit and EITC): 9%, 15%, 24%

    (Child Credit, EITC, Mortgage Interest, Employer-Provided Health Insurance, Charitable Giving, Retirement Savings): 12%, 22%, 28%

    Which, they figured, would increase revenue by over a Trillion dollars over a decade. Not bad in a days work. Not too terribly hard for me to conceive, given that, a number of ways that you could drop to 10 and 15% while not producing an additional revenue of $1 Trillion, but rather keeping it revenue neutral by cutting out deductions and credits. Probably Ryan's suggestion of "no deductions or credits for those over $250K a year" alone would be just about if not sufficient.
    Which again does not disprove anything I have said, nor prove what you have said. It is what we call a diversion.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #330
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    People who do not understand the meaning of words are not people whose opinion we shoud care about.
    CPwill is having difficulty understanding posts and has a talent for pulling strawmans out his ass. But if you don't care about my opinion, it doesn't hurt my feelings either.

Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •