View Poll Results: Are all black men brainwashed?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 8.33%
  • No

    51 85.00%
  • Other

    4 6.67%
Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 582

Thread: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

  1. #311
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    We are not stupid. Most pro lifers hate PP and Margret Sanger and it's obvious, and pro lifers want PP shut down merely because they provide abortion services. It's not just about funding abortion, because the government can make sure that taxpayer funds don't go to abortion or even to PP surgical and abortion centers. Not every PP offers abortion, but conservatives don't make a difference. Conservatives turn their head when we point out that PP is helpful to women in terms of general health. I don't see Conservatives trying to make sure women have any affordable options whatsoever. The only thing pertaining to a woman's reproductive health that concerns Conservatives is abortion.
    Respecfully, SheWolf, there are lots of people in this country who think abortion is murder. (I'm not one of them.) They are entitled to their opinions, just like ProChoicers are entitled to theirs. Abortions are legal. They're going to continue to be legal. But that doesn't mean that those people who don't believe they should be legal should be forced to fund organizations that provide them with their tax dollars.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #312
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,104

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    We are not stupid. Most pro lifers hate PP and Margret Sanger and it's obvious, and pro lifers want PP shut down merely because they provide abortion services.
    well it is true I would like for there to be no abortions (PP I have no inherent problem with - I accept they've gotten past their eugenics roots). But you argued that Republicans were trying to shut PP down alltogether. Provide evidence or retract the claim.

  3. #313
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,104

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Respecfully, SheWolf, there are lots of people in this country who think abortion is murder. (I'm not one of them.) They are entitled to their opinions, just like ProChoicers are entitled to theirs. Abortions are legal. They're going to continue to be legal. But that doesn't mean that those people who don't believe they should be legal should be forced to fund organizations that provide them with their tax dollars.
    see, it's evil middle aged white men like you who don't understand the special health and electoral needs of women.

  4. #314
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,499

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Respecfully, SheWolf, there are lots of people in this country who think abortion is murder. (I'm not one of them.) They are entitled to their opinions, just like ProChoicers are entitled to theirs. Abortions are legal. They're going to continue to be legal. But that doesn't mean that those people who don't believe they should be legal should be forced to fund organizations that provide them with their tax dollars.
    They want to end abortion by shutting down PP. It's all because PP is the largest abortion provider. That's their main concern, not women's health or the health ramifications for women. Like I said, I might feel different if they were offering an alternative... if there was organization offering cheap affordable alternative providing women's health options like PP, but not abortion, but Conservatives don't do that. That's not a goal. Helping women is not their goal, ending abortion is.

    They want to know women feel disenfranchised from voting Conservative, and I gave my main reasoning, personally. It's because they care more about ending abortion then they care about the health of women. And completely defunding PP isn't an excuse. Why should taxpayers support Crisis Pregnancy Centers but not PP? It's not simple economic conservativism and small government. It's an endorsement of Conservative principles with taxpayer money, which is worse than just defunding both programs.

    As it's been explained, there are laws in place to make sure no federal funds go to abortion.

    It's not going to cause abortion to be illegal. It is going to make it harder for some women to have access to it, as well as proper care and screenings though. I guess they think the outcome is worth it. I disagree.

  5. #315
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    well it is true I would like for there to be no abortions (PP I have no inherent problem with - I accept they've gotten past their eugenics roots). But you argued that Republicans were trying to shut PP down alltogether. Provide evidence or retract the claim.
    Is the Republican Party as a whole trying to shut down PP altogether?
    Personally I don't believe so.

    Are there Republicans within the Republican party trying to?

    Romney: "Planned Parenthood, We're Gonna Get Rid Of That" - YouTube
    Romney commits to defund United Nations Population Fund, Planned Parenthood | Deseret News
    House Votes to Strip Planned Parenthood of Federal Funding - ABC News

    Hmmmm!

    Who is this "We" Romney speaks of?
    Last edited by Verthaine; 04-07-12 at 12:38 AM.

  6. #316
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    It's the modern day rhetoric of the modern Conservative Party. Calling Brown v School Board "judicial activism" and saying Civil Rights Laws and desegregation is big government run a muck. Fighting against Martin Luther King Day, along with his anti segregated message, Reagan's Welfare Queen campaign, and that's to name a few. The party doesn't do anything outwardly racist. If anybody actually tried to strip away Civil Rights and desegregation laws, they would be opening a can of worms so it's just something they pay lip service too.
    Exactly. It's crazy how so many people can be so blind to how blatantly alienating modern conservatism often is to black Americans and minorities in general. For example, as per the topic of this thread, I've seen MANY conservatives on this board accuse minorities who vote Democratic as being brainwashed. If they can't respect minorities now, why would they would respect them if they changed parties? It's just unbelievable that the very same conservatives wonder why blacks don't support the Republican Party when they will gladly tell black people that their perception of racism is either an illusion or "pulling the race card", gladly tell black Americans that they can't think for themselves, gladly accuse the black community of not caring about violence in their communities and gladly denounce things like MLK Day and Brown v. Board.

    If someone was telling you at every stretch that you were brainwashed, not caring about your community, delusional, lazy and host of other things when you don't perceive yourself as any of those things, would you support them and their policies? I wouldn't.

  7. #317
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,499

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    well it is true I would like for there to be no abortions (PP I have no inherent problem with - I accept they've gotten past their eugenics roots). But you argued that Republicans were trying to shut PP down alltogether. Provide evidence or retract the claim.
    They want to completely defund PP and that's evidence enough. Ontop of that, the pro lifer working for Susan G Komen even tried to defund PP. And her main concern is supposed to be breast cancer. That right there should tell you that pro lifers would rather attack PP funding at every angle than put the health needs of women first.

    I am not going to retract any statement, until you to retract all the BS strawman crap out of your your posts. I never said conservatives were racist or evil white men. It's hard to believe you want a serious discussion of any kind.

  8. #318
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    They want to end abortion by shutting down PP. It's all because PP is the largest abortion provider. That's their main concern, not women's health or the health ramifications for women. Like I said, I might feel different if they were offering an alternative... if there was organization offering cheap affordable alternative providing women's health options like PP, but not abortion, but Conservatives don't do that. That's not a goal. Helping women is not their goal, ending abortion is.
    The funding that was discontinued will not cause PP to shut down. In fact, the controversy actually increased their revenue from other sources.

    They want to know women feel disenfranchised from voting Conservative, and I gave my main reasoning, personally. It's because they care more about ending abortion then they care about the health of women. And completely defunding PP isn't an excuse. Why should taxpayers support Crisis Pregnancy Centers but not PP? It's not simple economic conservativism and small government. It's an endorsement of Conservative principles with taxpayer money, which is worse than just defunding both programs.
    I don't have any knowledge about Crisis Pregnancy Centers to opine on why, SheWolf. But I still think that those people who are appalled by the thought of abortion have a right to have their voices heard re their tax dollars.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #319
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,104

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    They want to completely defund PP and that's evidence enough.
    that is not true. were that the case, we would be pushing to pass laws that state that PP does not have the right to charge for its' services or accept donations. neither of those have been suggested. All republicans have done is try to stop tax payer dollars from going to PP. That no more "shuts down PP" than having the government not subsidize McDonalds "Shuts Down Micky-D's". Let me know when you have actual supporting evidence for your assertion.

  10. #320
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    indirectly. As you and I have discussed in the past, nominal rates have varied wildly without producing anything close to a comparative swing in revenues. But claiming that a nominal tax rate that is designed to be effective rate neutral is some kind of massive give away is simply inaccurate.
    Aggregate tax reven ue has jack and **** to do with what individuals pay. Nominal rates in fact directly influence how much each person pays.

    well it's not that 'no one is willing to say what'. I watch whenever Ryan is on, and he's thrown out a number of options. Its' just that such would come out of Ways and Means, which he doesn't head (but which it is an open secret that he wants, and will probably get). The directions in the budget is that every percentage point that is cut has to be scored neutral by stripping out deductions and credits; and it's not exactly like the math hasn't been done before. The President's own Bi-Partisan Debt Reduction committee lowered nominal rates significantly further in one of their plans while increasing revenue by about a Trillion dollars.
    Yes in fact it is that no one will say. PolitiFact | Obama says Republicans in Congress won't name one tax exemption they want to repeal

    Due to the way the nominal rate change is designed, it is almost impossible that lower and middle class people, some of them, maybe lots of them, will end up paying more, while many if not most wealthy people will pay less. In point of fact, it is designed that way. FactCheck.org : Does House Budget Plan Cut Taxes or Not?

    1. America has the most progressive income tax system in the industrialized world. It's not that we don't tax our wealthy enough, it's that we barely tax our middle income earners at all. If you want more revenue, you aren't going to get it out of the upper income earners - the money is in the middle class. You know how everyone talked about the Bush Tax Cuts For The Rich that were going to "cost" the treasury $800 Bn over 10 years? The middle class tax cuts "cost" the treasury $3.2 Trillion.
    Wait, so now Ryan's plan raises revenue? He says it is revenue neutral, so is he lying? If it is revenue neutral as he claims, and unless the house gets very creative with how they handle the changes to deductions and loopholes, then it is not an increase in revenue, it is holding revenue the same, while giving a tax break to the wealthy at the expense of those not so wealthy.

    2. However, the Ryan Plan doesn't do this. Nominal rates get switched over to two: 10 and 25%. Any reduction in deductions that was weak enough that the wealthy ended up with a net tax cut for the wealthy would produce the exact same result for those middle class households who itemize that you are so worried about.
    Huh? That is bull****. Top rate would go from 35 to 25. That would take a significant reduction in loopholes/deductions, and unless they are very targeted(which ain't happening...for example, ways and means is not going to raise capital gains on incomes above a certain threshold), this will result in a tax cut. In fact, I know of no experts who are not saying that this will not result in at least many wealthy people(over 1 mil say) getting a tax cut, and to be revenue neutral, it must then make that money somewhere else.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •