View Poll Results: Are all black men brainwashed?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 8.33%
  • No

    51 85.00%
  • Other

    4 6.67%
Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 582

Thread: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

  1. #291
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    And there is the difference between liberals and conservatives, libs see different groups of people as victims, as oppressed or oppressor whereas conservatives just see people.
    Lol. Sure. Unless they're black, Jewish, women etc. Then they're brainwashed zombies right?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #292
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    And there is the difference between liberals and conservatives, libs see different groups of people as victims, as oppressed or oppressor whereas conservatives just see people.
    Here's the definition of "victim": One who is harmed or killed by another

    In the world, there are people (many people in fact) who are harmed by other individuals. To acknowledge their existence is to simply acknowledge reality. Consequently, when SB and others mention victims, they are not arguing that victims are incapable of overcoming the obstacles that they face and the harm that has been done to them nor are they arguing that victims are less "people" than other groups. What they, including myself, are arguing is that some people are harmed by other people - some more than others. If you choose to deny this fact, then you have chosen to deny reality. I find it odd that you or anyone else would be proud of denying reality, so perhaps you might want to revise your argument since it turns out that you ended up complementing liberals and shortchanging the rest.

  3. #293
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,513

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    ah. so conservatives are racist because you know that they secretly are, and women have vaginas which require healthcare, while men have penises, which don't. got it.

    "special values and needs". what utter bunk. the standard is equality before the law.
    WTF... massive logic fail. Go back and tell me exactly where I said the conservatives are racist and are secretly racist. I wasn't inferring the GOP is racist either, nor do I think that in general. You seem to think that recognizing and acknowledging people have different genitalia and colors of skin is racist and sexist though.

    Women wanting candidates to talk about mandatory HPV vaccinations, PP funding, and weigh in on other issues affecting women isn't sexist or putting women's rights and standards above equality.
    Last edited by SheWolf; 04-06-12 at 10:07 PM.

  4. #294
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Here's the definition of "victim": One who is harmed or killed by another

    In the world, there are people (many people in fact) who are harmed by other individuals. To acknowledge their existence is to simply acknowledge reality. Consequently, when SB and others mention victims, they are not arguing that victims are incapable of overcoming the obstacles that they face and the harm that has been done to them nor are they arguing that victims are less "people" than other groups. What they, including myself, are arguing is that some people are harmed by other people - some more than others. If you choose to deny this fact, then you have chosen to deny reality. I find it odd that you or anyone else would be proud of denying reality, so perhaps you might want to revise your argument since it turns out that you ended up complementing liberals and shortchanging the rest.
    I see a victim when a woman is raped, a person is murdered or robbed, I see no victims in the American society at the present time. If you want to go back in time the Indians were victims, blacks were victims and so on but in the now I think America is as victimless a society that exist on this planet.

  5. #295
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I see a victim when a woman is raped, a person is murdered or robbed, I see no victims in the American society at the present time. If you want to go back in time the Indians were victims, blacks were victims and so on but in the now I think America is as victimless a society that exist on this planet.
    This is another denial reality. Again, defining "victim" as "one who is harmed by another", black citizens who are harmed by prejudices are victims of prejudice whether it's in terms of employment discrimination, racial profiling or a host of other things. In fact, nearly every person is a victim at some point in their life. Many white people may also find themselves harmed relative to their race although rarely, if ever, to the extent of other racial groups in the United States.

    This is true regardless of what you "see". Some things exist regardless of whether or not you see them. It's unwise to assume that just because you don't see something, it doesn't exist.

  6. #296
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,513

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Sorry but the Democrats filibustered the civil right act.
    What matters is conservatives today, in these modern times, talk like Civil Rights is a violation of business rights and it goes against the "right to discriminate" and the "right to be racist," because it's not unconstitutional and it's free speech, etc. etc. Businesses would have desegregated themselves, they argue, which is a simple minded argument. You know racists and anti segregationists wouldn't have wanted to eat their breakfast, lunch, and dinner NOT sitting next to some n--ger, right?... and there would have been business catering to them and that way of life, which was the only way of life before. You can bet your ass there would have been restaurants like that in those days, well actually, there already were.

    Arguing that businesses would have desegregated themselves because there was a profit movie, is like arguing there is a profit motive for straight bars and gay bars to merge together. Then everybody would have one bar. Violence would have occurred against business establishments no matter what they did. Crosses would have been burning in front of desegregated bars.

    Conservatives argue against against modern day desegregation and call Brown v School Board "judicial activism" and wonder why the majority of black people vote for the other party.

  7. #297
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Another race baiting thread?




    Good lord.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

  8. #298
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    What matters is conservatives today, in these modern times, talk like Civil Rights is a violation of business rights and it goes against the "right to discriminate" and the "right to be racist," because it's not unconstitutional and it's free speech, etc. etc. Businesses would have desegregated themselves, they argue, which is a simple minded argument. You know racists and anti segregationists wouldn't have wanted to eat their breakfast, lunch, and dinner NOT sitting next to some n--ger, right?... and there would have been business catering to them and that way of life, which was the only way of life before. You can bet your ass there would have been restaurants like that in those days, well actually, there already were.

    Arguing that businesses would have desegregated themselves because there was a profit movie, is like arguing there is a profit motive for straight bars and gay bars to merge together. Then everybody would have one bar. Violence would have occurred against business establishments no matter what they did. Crosses would have been burning in front of desegregated bars.

    Conservatives argue against against modern day desegregation and call Brown v School Board "judicial activism" and wonder why the majority of black people vote for the other party.
    Don't try to teach history to a Conservative. You'd have better luck making a horse drink water.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #299
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,513

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    See, this is why conservatives never understand why they drive away blacks and women. Let me explain: blacks are proportionally far more likely to, for whatever reason, be low income. Republican budget plan calls for changing tax brackets making the top end pay much less, but to offset this wants to cut unspecified tax loopholes. Now we all know that some of those loopholes and deductions will be ones that low income people use too. Therefore the republicans want to cut taxes for the mostly rich white guys, while raising taxes on the poorer people, who are, guess what, much more likely to be black. But it is brainwashing for blacks to vote democrat...

    Then you have republic ans passing bills requiring women to get objects shoved up their vagina to exercise their constitutional rights. Man, can't imagine why women would not rush to vote republican...

    And that is the crux. Without identifying gender or race, republican policy still is aimed at to benefit those who are, mostly, white, and mostly male.
    The only time I have heard him complain about inequality, racism, and sexism, it's racism and sexism towards the white man. Affirmative Action is racist towards whites. Desegregation is big government. Women and minorities are equal, feminists are man haters, Jesse and Sharpton have nothing to complain about. Hate Crime legislation is discriminatory.

    Everybody seems to be equal except the white man.

  10. #300
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,513

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    I agree. Republican policies have an overwhelmingly negative impact on women and minorities, which drives them away. However, I don't think that that explains ALL of the voting patterns; blacks are much more likely to vote Democrat than whites at every level of the economic spectrum. A lot of it is the racially-tinged rhetoric that Republicans commonly use: Newt Gingrich calling Obama the "food stamp president," Rick Perry telling a room full of white South Carolina Republicans that they are at war with the federal government, Ronald Reagan conjuring up the image of "welfare queens," etc.

    I think the same thing may apply to women, in terms of being repulsed by Republican rhetoric. Aside from the Republican policies that directly adversely affect them, I think women generally have less interest than men do in proving how big their penis is (i.e. "stand your ground" laws, endless wars, no gun regulations whatsoever, etc.)
    I agree with the southern strategy and the food stamp president and Welfare Queen stuff, which is mostly recent.

    As a woman, the most repulsive thing occurring in their move to shut down PP. I have never had an abortion at PP, but I have used their services for birth control and general health. PP is a national brand. There is nothing else that compares to PP. The only thing conservatives have offered women are Crisis Pregnancy Centers, and they don't give a **** about a woman's health. They just offer free pregnancy tests and ultrasounds to talk us out of having an abortion, and they have even admitted to giving out info that isn't factual just to scare females away from abortion clinics. If the GOP were actually trying to give women an alternative to PP before defunding them and shutting them down, then maybe I wouldn't be so repulsed.

    But on the other hand, they have aligned themselves with religious organizations to prevent access to birth control, so I really don't think the GOP cares about women. So many women take birth control, and they would love to remove PP from us and allow religious orgs to permit coverage for it.
    Last edited by SheWolf; 04-06-12 at 10:55 PM.

Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •