View Poll Results: Are all black men brainwashed?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 8.33%
  • No

    51 85.00%
  • Other

    4 6.67%
Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 582

Thread: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

  1. #271
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,038

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    aaahhhh... I see how he does that. He separates Medicaid from Medicare/Medicaid, and then includes Obamacare as a "program for the poor". and then he measures by change as a percentage of GDP rather than by "actual money cut" off of what it would otherwise cost. So, for example, Medicare continues to grow as a % of GDP through 2030, so Medicare expenditures haven't been lowered. Even though, in fact, they have been. 2050 was a good date for him to choose - he get's to "hide the rise", if I can appropriate another abuse of statistics. Though at least he is honest enough to admit that Obama and Ryan both cut Medicare by the same amount.

    well, Klein is correct when he argues that Obamacare would be immensely expensive, and that thus cutting that disastrous program would be a massive reduction from the current assumes-Obamacare baseline.

    but you may want to read the introductory paragraph for the CBO report he cites:

    ..Those calculations do not represent a cost estimate for legislation or an analysis of the effects of any given policies. In particular, CBO has not considered whether the specified paths are consistent with the policy proposals or budget figures released today by Chairman Ryan as part of his proposed budget resolution...
    which is interesting. that being said, this source does not provide support for your contention. "government personnel costs", for example, are not a program for the poor.

    and if you want to have a medicaid discussion, i'd be happy to discuss the superiority of block granting to our current boondoggle.
    Last edited by cpwill; 04-06-12 at 03:52 PM.

  2. #272
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The Right Wing Mantra is a simple one. If you vote Republican, you're thinking outside the box. If you vote Democrat, you're brainwashed. Never you mind that the overwhelming majority of the right wing voting base is one big white cell.... where as the Democrat voting base is composed of groups who are diversified by gender, ethnicity, sexuality, class etc. It's like the white cat telling the dalmatian that he's not diverse enough.


    I think republicand and democrats are brainwashed.... I wonder if you'll grt accused of "race baiting" here....


    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #273
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    aaahhhh... I see how he does that. He separates Medicaid from Medicare/Medicaid, and then includes Obamacare as a "program for the poor".
    Correct. Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act provide health care primarily for low-income people, whereas Medicare is a universal program. Therefore these distinctions make sense.

    and then he measures by change as a percentage of GDP rather than by "actual money cut" off of what it would otherwise cost.
    Since GDP at any given point in time is the same across all of these different programs, it shouldn't matter whether it's measured in terms of percentage of GDP or actual dollars. The results should be identical in either case.

    So, for example, Medicare continues to grow as a % of GDP through 2030, so Medicare expenditures haven't been lowered. Even though, in fact, they have been.
    This is incorrect, mathematically. The only way that Medicare expenditures could fall in absolute dollar terms, and grow as a percentage of GDP, is if the GDP of the United States shrinks between now and then. How likely do you consider that to be?

    2050 was a good date for him to choose - he get's to "hide the rise", if I can appropriate another abuse of statistics. Though at least he is honest enough to admit that Obama and Ryan both cut Medicare by the same amount.
    You complained that a 10-year time frame wasn't long enough, now you're complaining that a 40-year time frame is too long. What time frame *do* you want? I'm starting to get the feeling that your objection has less to do with the specific time interval chosen, than with a desire to simply pick a time interval for which I can't find any statistics so that you can mount an "appeal to ignorance" argument.

    well he is correct when he argues that Obamacare would be immensely expensive, and that thus cutting that disastrous program would be a massive reduction from the current assumes-Obamacare baseline.
    The Affordable Care Act will cost the government quite a bit, yes. Most of which is offset by savings on private health care, but I've already been through that matter in other threads.

    but you may want to read the introductory paragraph for the CBO report he cites:
    ..Those calculations do not represent a cost estimate for legislation or an analysis of the effects of any given policies. In particular, CBO has not considered whether the specified paths are consistent with the policy proposals or budget figures released today by Chairman Ryan as part of his proposed budget resolution...
    Correct; the CBO frequently includes this disclaimer in its reports. In other words, they're estimating the overall budgetary impact of the Ryan plan, without consideration for what *he* claims the impact will be.

    which is interesting. that being said, this source does not provide support for your contention. "government personnel costs", for example, are not a program for the poor.
    Correct; the CBPP itemizes the programs that they are talking about:
    $2.4 trillion from Medicaid and other low-income health care programs
    $134 billion from SNAP (i.e. food stamps)
    $463 billion in other mandatory programs for low-income people
    $291 billion in discretionary programs for low-income people
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #274
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Well, if you want to act vile, then by all means what's stopping you?
    Pointing out flaws in your argument is vile?


    wait, so when you and obama are talking, it's just talkin "racial" but when I do it, It's "race baiting".... wow....
    No, did not say that. Nice try.


    then Obama and his grandmother would be bigots and demonstrated being prejudiced, then, yes?
    Bigotry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "Bigotry is the state of mind of a "bigot," a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one who exhibits intolerance and animosity toward members of a group"

    So no on bigotry.

    Prejudice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "Prejudice (or foredeeming) The word prejudice is most often used to refer to preconceived judgments toward people or a person because of race, social class, ethnicity, age, disability, obesity, religion, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics. It also means beliefs without knowledge of the facts[1] and may include "any unreasonable attitude that is unusually resistant to rational influence.""

    So yes on prejudice towards his grandmother. Much more tenuous towardfs Obama himself and requires knowledge we do not have.

    "in your tight, semantical definition, you would be correct, Then again, I just clarified for you, it was a bigoted, prejudiced, racially insensitive statement.
    So based on the meaning of words, you where wrong. Thank you for clarifying that. Obama did not in fact call white people racists.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #275
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Thanks for the link.

    Yes. The idea that women who vote Democrat are "unthinking" is misogynistic, and the implication that "lower-income people" vote Democrat because they are drinking the Kool-Aid is racist (yes I know you didn't explicitly mention a race, but c'mon, you aren't referring to a poor white guy in a trailer park in Alabama).
    Kandahar, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Where did I say lower-income people vote Democratic?

    Let me ask you this: As a woman, how did you avoid being brainwashed by the Democrats like the others were? Are you just that much smarter and better than everyone else?
    Where did I say women have been brainwashed by the Democrats??

    Rod Serling...is that you??
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #276
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    that is correct - it merely demonstrates what you said to be irrelevant.
    No, actually it is relevant.

    they claim standard deductions, which do not change under the Ryan Plan. the itemized deductions that will be going away to pay for lowering nominal rates tend to be used by the upper-middle to upper-income earners.
    Note that very important word "tend". In point of fact, using your chart, almost 20 % of people making 50 k or less(or households, chart does not say) in fact do itemize. Since the top is getting a tax cut, but tax income is supposed to remain stable, guess where that money comes from. It even balances out right since there is a ****load more people not at the top than at the top. So like I said, the poor and middle class are going to pay more in taxes to give the rich a tax cut. Blacks tend to make up a disproportionate number of poor to middle class. They are also programs they use cut. So to claim it is brainwashing that leads them to vote against those who propose those budgets silly.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #277
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Kandahar, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Where did I say lower-income people vote Democratic?

    Where did I say women have been brainwashed by the Democrats??
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD
    No matter WHAT Republicans do, there will be those unthinking women and lower-income people who will not take the time to understand. They just keep on drinkin' the Kool Aid. And, oh, how the Democrats love that.
    1234567890
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #278
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,038

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, actually it is relevant.
    nominal rates are pointless. effective rates - as they are what people actually pay - are what matter.

    Note that very important word "tend". In point of fact, using your chart, almost 20 % of people making 50 k or less(or households, chart does not say) in fact do itemize.
    and 90%+ of the highest income folks do. So, to present the reduction in deductions as some kind of measure which shifts the burden to the poor is silly, especially given that the actual designer of the plan wants to only strip deductions from households bringing in $250K plus.

  9. #279
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    nominal rates are pointless. effective rates - as they are what people actually pay - are what matter.
    Right, go back and show where I said effective rate? Nominal rates are going down. Pointing out that they are different does nothing. Nominal rates going down means you pay less, unless that is entirely offset by closing loopholes and eliminating deductions.

    and 90%+ of the highest income folks do. So, to present the reduction in deductions as some kind of measure which shifts the burden to the poor is silly, especially given that the actual designer of the plan wants to only strip deductions from households bringing in $250K plus.
    So the 20 % of those making less than 50k do not count now? How do you figure that? Are we supposed to ignore them because the final numbers for tax income balances? Is only raising taxes on 20 % of those people under 50 k ok?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #280
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    1234567890
    Touche'. I need a memory reboot. (Only talking about those who don't take the time to understand, of course.)
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •