View Poll Results: Are all black men brainwashed?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 8.33%
  • No

    51 85.00%
  • Other

    4 6.67%
Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 582

Thread: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

  1. #241
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Anyway, back at the computer for a moment before heading off to the gym, a quick good found wikapedia with the speech.

    A More Perfect Union (speech) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia









    So typical white people act in such a prejudiced way? Please redress, others, the kid who loves to tell me how much he ignores me, Can you explain how this statement doesn't cast white people in a racist light?

    Please as I've asked for years of you, put it in context for The Good Reverend.

    Let's try it without the hysterics, and without the insults that are nothing but attempts to divert....

    Thanks,
    What he is describing is not racism. Racism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Racism is the belief that inherent different traits in human racial groups justify discrimination.
    What he is describing is his grandmother was something that is not uncommon in white people. A slight fear of that which is different, a negative reaction built on stereotypes, and an avoidance of those other races. This is not racism, and is something that many people from my generation and ones before feel. I noticed when I moved down to Georgia that there really are a lot more black people than I am used to and find myself uncomfortable when in a group of blacks. I was rather surprised by this and kinda felt guilty about it. But it's not racism. I don't think blacks are inferior, I do not treat them differently. I am just uncomfortable.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #242
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    You can see this crystal clear in any thread that mentions racism against blacks, however casually. Certain posters will ALWAYS pipe in to either say it isn't "really" racism, or when that won't work, to draw up some contrived example of racism against whites. What is their motivation for doing this? Obviously they feel defensive about something. I can't imagine what that something might be.

    Actually, the racial identity development theories are quite useful in understanding why people do this. What you are describing is called the "resistance" stage of white racial identity development and it's fairly normal for white folks to go through it and many get" stuck" in it as well.

    The most entertaining thing about racial identity development theory is how you can determine exactly what stage a person is currently in based enitrely on their reaction to the theories themselves.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #243
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    The Ryan budget absolutely decimates anti-poverty social programs. The CBPP estimates that 62% of the budget cuts come from programs targeted toward low-income people, and 37% of the tax benefits go to people earning more than $1 million.
    I'd like to see a link on that, Kandahar.

    Racism and misogyny all rolled into one sentence. Keep on going with that attitude, and I'm sure Republicans will win those voters back. After all, they have nothing to be offended about...because you say so.
    What the hell are you talking about? Now you see racism in that post? Misogyny? Good lord.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #244
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You've shown nothing in that Republican budget proposal that shows Republicans are targetting "poor people" for the benefit of "rich people." Low income people don't even pay income tax. I don't know how you can say cutting out tax loopholes will hurt them one twit. Cutting tax deductions or loopholes is directly impacting higher income individuals. Ya' know? No matter WHAT Republicans do, there will be those unthinking women and lower-income people who will not take the time to understand. They just keep on drinkin' the Kool Aid. And, oh, how the Democrats love that.
    If you are in the top rates, your rate will be lower. When deductions are cut, well, deductions are taken by people at all economic spectrums. The reason many people do not pay taxes is because of deductions. Now, if you do not have a rate cut, and you cannot take a deduction, what happens to your tax bill? This is not a difficult question. It's pretty straitforward and is why republicans refuse to name a single deduction they are going to eliminate, even though eliminating deductions is how they are goiung to pay for the cut of the top rate.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #245
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    When 92% of any voting block votes the same you have to wonder wtf is going on. Thinking people have diverse opinions so being brainwashed is a good theory until a better one comes along.
    Nobody except Conservatives wonder what's going on. The rest of us understand it pretty well. When your political party spends its time devising thing like 'the southern strategy' and whining about welfare and Willie Horton ads on tv and proclaiming how wonderful states rights were, especially in the South (Segregation) and how all those conservative southern democrats became members of that party after the Civil Rights Act, it's hardly surprising that black people think they're a joke.

    How many black Republican members of Congress are there? I forget.
    Last edited by Wiggen; 04-06-12 at 12:05 PM.

  6. #246
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I just see people as people, Growing up on the lower east side of NYC, and in Newark, NJ, race tends to disappear and you just see people.
    I'm not talking about white people secretly harboring grudges against black people and spending time thinking about how they can screw them over. It's generally more subtle than that. And I don't doubt at all that many people exhibiting these prejudices will swear up and down that they aren't racist, and truly believe it.

    I find your contention to reek with suburban "white guilt" ignorance,
    I live in downtown Washington, DC.

    and a flippant care to the actual problem of racism in this country.
    OK, well let's try this: I've already explained what I see as the "actual problem of racism in this country" (i.e. subtle forms of prejudice that people don't even realize, and believing that everyone is on equal footing in terms of racism). So what DO you think is the "actual problem of racism in this country," if not this?

    Again, you do a disservice to the real issue of racism, and I find the behavior of inferring others you have no clue about, as "racist" or harboring "racial resentment" vile and abhorrent.
    And I think that attempting to draw a false equivalence between racism against minorities and racism against whites is vile and abhorrent, as it is a roundabout way of saying that racism isn't a problem anymore and minorities should just get over it.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #247
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If you are in the top rates, your rate will be lower. When deductions are cut, well, deductions are taken by people at all economic spectrums. The reason many people do not pay taxes is because of deductions. Now, if you do not have a rate cut, and you cannot take a deduction, what happens to your tax bill? This is not a difficult question. It's pretty straitforward and is why republicans refuse to name a single deduction they are going to eliminate, even though eliminating deductions is how they are goiung to pay for the cut of the top rate.
    I'm going to have to think about that. On its face, I would agree with you. On to Google!

    Edit:

    The Wisconsin Republican claims his budget offsets the tax dollars lost to the tax cuts for upper-income Americans by eliminating tax loopholes, tax shelters and many tax deductions estimated at an incredible $4.6 trillion over 10 years. But while Ryan specifies the cuts in tax rates, he never identifies the giant tax breaks he wants to kill.
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...#ixzz1rH0eId6C
    The fact that Ryan doesn't clearly identify exactly what he's recommending is a bunch of ****. I wasn't aware of this -- thanks.
    Last edited by MaggieD; 04-06-12 at 12:11 PM.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #248
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    On the other hand, the fact that blacks have no problem using the word "nigger," in the right setting by the right people, is another example. It's a nasty derogatory term. Always has been. It ought die a natural death. Why on earth would blacks use it among themselves. *Shakes head*
    Words always have different meanings depending on how they are used. How would I react if someone called me a mother****er? Maybe anything from amusement to fear...depends who it was and what the context was.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    09-10-12 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I've already told you that I was going to go back edit it to "many black men." But you don't want to hear that. You want to call me out in a post.

    My vote is "No," by the way.
    Same here.

    Notice there are three individuals who still voted "yes" under the "all black men" condition. Were they just trying to be funny, or do they actually believe such nonsense?

  10. #250
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What he is describing is not racism. Racism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ahh semantics, ok, let's call it prejudice and bigotry then, ok?


    What he is describing is his grandmother was something that is not uncommon in white people.
    Uncommon is a much softer word than "typical" wouldn't you say, and once he makes the distinction towards, "white" he's making it racial, I am sure it is not "uncommon" for certain black folks to act a certain way around white people, Would I call it "typical"? Nahh... I tend to try not to stereotype people.



    A slight fear of that which is different, a negative reaction built on stereotypes, and an avoidance of those other races. This is not racism, and is something that many people from my generation and ones before feel. I noticed when I moved down to Georgia that there really are a lot more black people than I am used to and find myself uncomfortable when in a group of blacks. I was rather surprised by this and kinda felt guilty about it. But it's not racism. I don't think blacks are inferior, I do not treat them differently. I am just uncomfortable.

    Thank you for your anecdotal, I am not sure however how to apply it. again, I am willing to expand the definition of "Racism" to cover bigotry and prejudice, but if you are not comfortable with it, let's keep it separate, I think, both your anecdotal and Obama's demonstrates prejudice, something that is really foreign to me when it comes to race relations, Maybe I am blissfully ignorant, but I've only seen people as people....


    What started this was hatuey made a statement, my response was appropriate, as for the topic, i don't think black people are any more "brainwashed" than white people.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •