View Poll Results: Are all black men brainwashed?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 8.33%
  • No

    51 85.00%
  • Other

    4 6.67%
Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 582

Thread: Are all black men brainwashed? (Read Warning: post #540)

  1. #231
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    At the end of the day Democrats filibustered the civil rights act.
    Yeah and now it's a different party, so what?

    At the end of the day Republicans use to be about Small government.

    They're not anymore.

    Parties change.

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Yeah and now it's a different party, so what?

    At the end of the day Republicans use to be about Small government.

    They're not anymore.

    Parties change.
    Different parties huh, until very recently Democrats had a KKK member as one of their longest sitting senators and this BS about all the racist going to the Republican party is a myth, a fabrication to distort history. Dem's filibustered the civil rights act, the same Dem's who retired from the Senate as a Dem at a ripe old age.

  3. #233
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    See, this is why conservatives never understand why they drive away blacks and women. Let me explain: blacks are proportionally far more likely to, for whatever reason, be low income. Republican budget plan calls for changing tax brackets making the top end pay much less, but to offset this wants to cut unspecified tax loopholes. Now we all know that some of those loopholes and deductions will be ones that low income people use too. Therefore the republicans want to cut taxes for the mostly rich white guys, while raising taxes on the poorer people, who are, guess what, much more likely to be black. But it is brainwashing for blacks to vote democrat...

    Then you have republic ans passing bills requiring women to get objects shoved up their vagina to exercise their constitutional rights. Man, can't imagine why women would not rush to vote republican...

    And that is the crux. Without identifying gender or race, republican policy still is aimed at to benefit those who are, mostly, white, and mostly male.
    You've shown nothing in that Republican budget proposal that shows Republicans are targetting "poor people" for the benefit of "rich people." Low income people don't even pay income tax. I don't know how you can say cutting out tax loopholes will hurt them one twit. Cutting tax deductions or loopholes is directly impacting higher income individuals. Ya' know? No matter WHAT Republicans do, there will be those unthinking women and lower-income people who will not take the time to understand. They just keep on drinkin' the Kool Aid. And, oh, how the Democrats love that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Actually... that's kind of how it's gone. We're told we can't be offended by certain people saying nigger and not others because... well... white people like you will complain because we are not following some invented form of consistency you think you have to follow. .

    I mean honestly - I've heard certain white kids say it to their black friends. I don't get offended. They're not saying it to me. However I do get offended if somebody uses it to me and I've at no point joked around on that level with them. Tucker, The Rev and Kanda? Doesn't bother me. Caine, Empirica and Joko? Different story. Context is usually key in who can and can't offend but you've yet to tell us where you draw the line on the brain washing sand so I don't expect you to get why it's offensive when some use it and not others.

    The problem is a simple one. If black people think you're an asshole, you saying nigger, nigga or whatever - will - offend them. If they don't? They won't make a fuss. Daniel Tosh? That white dude could roll through Compton yelling nigga and niggas would wave at him. Rush Limbaugh? Not so much. It's not cause Daniel Tosh has a privilege that Rush Limbaugh doesn't have. It's because we know Daniel Tosh isn't doing it to make his white friends in the South smile and wink.

    Now here is a simple test: Go up to your black friends, if you have any, joke around, then throw nigga around. If they don't care, you're not an asshole. If they punch you in the face.... well.... there's your sign.
    Perhaps someday we'll live in a world when every white person can call a black person "nigger." Wow. I just can't wait. /sarcasm
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #234
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You've shown nothing in that Republican budget proposal that shows Republicans are targetting "poor people" for the benefit of "rich people." Low income people don't even pay income tax. I don't know how you can say cutting out tax loopholes will hurt them one twit. Cutting tax deductions or loopholes is directly impacting higher income individuals. Ya' know? No matter WHAT Republicans do, there will be those unthinking women and lower-income people who will not take the time to understand. They just keep on drinkin' the Kool Aid. And, oh, how the Democrats love that.

    in fact one could argue the opposite, elitist rich liberals are not as affected as those making 100k or so when they cackle on about "capitol gains taxes" etc, they don't get hurt, but those trying to climb the ladder they climbed, have a longer harder ladder now.

    I find many liberal policies enable a dependent class that doesn't want to better themselves, it's sad...
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #235
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Different parties huh, until very recently Democrats had a KKK member as one of their longest sitting senators and this BS about all the racist going to the Republican party is a myth, a fabrication to distort history. Dem's filibustered the civil rights act, the same Dem's who retired from the Senate as a Dem at a ripe old age.
    You have some reading to do on why the bold doesn't have the significance for the current Dems you think it does:

    History of the United States Republican Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  6. #236
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Once again, another poster tries to infer that I am a racist or harbors "racial resentment". I find this practice rather vile, and cheapens the real issue of racism in this country. Shame on you.
    Umm the "real issue of racism in this country" is EXACTLY this practice. The real issue of racism is not a handful of hillbillies burning crosses on lawns; that's a rare occurrence and everyone knows those people are idiots. The real issues of racism are the subtle forms of prejudice which people often don't even realize, and the ridiculous belief that racism happens against everyone so we're all on equal footing. It absolutely is rooted in racial resentment when people feel the need to respond to any mention of racism against blacks (which is a real problem in this country) with "what about racism against whites?" (which is not a problem), as though the two were remotely comparable.

    You can see this crystal clear in any thread that mentions racism against blacks, however casually. Certain posters will ALWAYS pipe in to either say it isn't "really" racism, or when that won't work, to draw up some contrived example of racism against whites. What is their motivation for doing this? Obviously they feel defensive about something. I can't imagine what that something might be.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 04-06-12 at 11:46 AM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #237
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    So you have decided that blacks are and should be offended by those statements. As I said all you have is the race card and you are telling blacks what and how to think.
    No. Blacks THEMSELVES are offended by those statements...if they weren't offended then I wouldn't care. It offends *me* when people continue to make those statements knowing perfectly well that it offends them. And it offends *me* when people try to argue about whether they "should" be offended, as though their opinion trumped the opinions of actual black people.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #238
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    It absolutely is rooted in racial resentment when certain individuals feel the need to respond to any mention of racism against blacks (which is a real problem in this country) with "what about racism against whites?" (which is not a problem), as though the two were remotely comparable.

    You can see this crystal clear in any thread that mentions racism against blacks, however casually. Certain posters will ALWAYS pipe in to either say it isn't "really" racism, or when that won't work, to draw up some contrived example of racism against whites. What is their motivation for doing this? Obviously they feel defensive about something. I can't imagine what that something might be.


    I just see people as people, Growing up on the lower east side of NYC, and in Newark, NJ, race tends to disappear and you just see people. I find your contention to reek with suburban "white guilt" ignorance, and a flippant care to the actual problem of racism in this country. Again, you do a disservice to the real issue of racism, and I find the behavior of inferring others you have no clue about, as "racist" or harboring "racial resentment" vile and abhorrent.




    And as for "piping in"? That would have been hatuey, To which I responded to his post, accuratley and topically to his remark.


    This one, if you are confused:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Can you imagine if Obama said "many white men are brainwashed" or "white men are brainwashed"? Lol. We'd never heard the end of the bitching. Just notice how much bitching came out of him saying a black kid could look like his son if he had one.

    He basically, did say, white people were brainwashed, not in so many words, but when he says a certain behavior among white people is "typical", just what do you think that comes from?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #239
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You've shown nothing in that Republican budget proposal that shows Republicans are targetting "poor people" for the benefit of "rich people." Low income people don't even pay income tax. I don't know how you can say cutting out tax loopholes will hurt them one twit. Cutting tax deductions or loopholes is directly impacting higher income individuals. Ya' know?
    The Ryan budget absolutely decimates anti-poverty social programs. The CBPP estimates that 62% of the budget cuts come from programs targeted toward low-income people, and 37% of the tax benefits go to people earning more than $1 million.

    No matter WHAT Republicans do, there will be those unthinking women and lower-income people who will not take the time to understand. They just keep on drinkin' the Kool Aid. And, oh, how the Democrats love that.
    Racism and misogyny all rolled into one sentence. Keep on going with that attitude, and I'm sure Republicans will win those voters back. After all, they have nothing to be offended about...because you say so.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  10. #240
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Are all black men brainwashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    No. Blacks THEMSELVES are offended by those statements...if they weren't offended then I wouldn't care. It offends *me* when people continue to make those statements knowing perfectly well that it offends them. And it offends *me* when people try to argue about whether they "should" be offended, as though their opinion trumped the opinions of actual black people.
    I'm not sure what statements you're talking about, but part of the reason we have a failure to communicate is because some people (black/white/green) see racism behind every bush. When Obama said, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon Martin," some people just couldn't wait to label that a racist remark. It wasn't. And to so label it, in my opinion, is the poster child for everything that's wrong with race relations in this country.

    On the other hand, the fact that blacks have no problem using the word "nigger," in the right setting by the right people, is another example. It's a nasty derogatory term. Always has been. It ought die a natural death. Why on earth would blacks use it among themselves. *Shakes head*
    Last edited by MaggieD; 04-06-12 at 12:03 PM.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •