View Poll Results: Do you agree with Florida Law on use of deadly force?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    48 71.64%
  • Disagree

    16 23.88%
  • I oppose the Second Amendment completely

    2 2.99%
  • There should be no rule of law

    1 1.49%
Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 446

Thread: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

  1. #71
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Yeah that's why I competed internationally in one shooting sport (world championships, championships of the Americas, America Cup) and professionally in another (Pins, USPSA). closest thing you can get to the pressure of a street fight with a gun or a knife (been in a couple of those too so I know)
    IMPRESSIVE!

  2. #72
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,607

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I don't think any rapist calculated lesser punishment. Criminals don't think they will get caught. The deterrent is it prevents that person from ever assaulting anyone again.
    You might read the book The Onion Field

  3. #73
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,607

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    It involves very repetitious real-life-like circumstantial training using real people in unpredictable situations to condition the person to instinctively act - rather than make decisions. This is intense, complex and protracted training that only some people are suitable for.
    very true-force on force type training

    places like this

    Tactical Defense Institute -- Ohio Firearms - Gun - Rifle - Shotgun - Pistol - CCW - Concealed Carry Permit -- TDI --www.tdiohio.com -- Cincinnati - Dayton - Columbus - Cleveland - Lexington - Louisville - Wheeling - Huntington - Indianapolis


    Highly recommended by Turtle

  4. #74
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,607

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Sounds just and fair to me. Or he could hire someone to do it if he doesn't have the capacity. However, I think a bullet in the head is enough.
    depends which head we are talking about-then I could agree

  5. #75
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    in some rare cases, some criminals should be broken on the wheel or subjected to "the pear". for example, no punishment could be too cruel for those two asswipes who raped and murdered that woman in CT and her daughters and then burned alive the two girls. The father should have been given a crowbar-a blow torch and 4 hours of time for which he would get a full governor's pardon for whatever he did
    Wrong

    What if, ignore honesty here because that is not the question, at a later date he attempted suicide because of the fact that he killed these two girls. What if at a police interview when asked why he didn't untie the two girls from the bed before burning the house down with 4 gallons of gasoline (They died from smoke inhalation BTW ) he responded, "It never crossed my mind". If something never enters ones consciousness how can you be responsible? If the live/die never enters someones consciousness when they kill someone how are they responsible. What if we found a tumor in this persons head and upon removal they became perfectly normal people, this would indicate that what they have is a disease not a sick sinful soul (or whatever you want to describe it as).

    I think the problem with our country is that it is based around the thought of freewill. I have told COUNTLESS people on these forums to pickup books that question their beliefs to no avail. How can you sit their and claim to be right when you aren't armed with the facts. I don't believe in Freewill and if you would like to join me you should pick up a copy of Freewill by Sam Harris (66 pages so don't say you don't have the time).
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  6. #76
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You might read the book The Onion Field
    I would clarify actually by adding "aggravated sexual assault," not if not aggravated.

  7. #77
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,607

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Wrong

    What if, ignore honesty here because that is not the question, at a later date he attempted suicide because of the fact that he killed these two girls. What if at a police interview when asked why he didn't untie the two girls from the bed before burning the house down with 4 gallons of gasoline (They died from smoke inhalation BTW ) he responded, "It never crossed my mind". If something never enters ones consciousness how can you be responsible? If the live/die never enters someones consciousness when they kill someone how are they responsible. What if we found a tumor in this persons head and upon removal they became perfectly normal people, this would indicate that what they have is a disease not a sick sinful soul (or whatever you want to describe it as).

    I think the problem with our country is that it is based around the thought of freewill. I have told COUNTLESS people on these forums to pickup books that question their beliefs to no avail. How can you sit their and claim to be right when you aren't armed with the facts. I don't believe in Freewill and if you would like to join me you should pick up a copy of Freewill by Sam Harris (66 pages so don't say you don't have the time).
    both those guys should be crucified. If it had been my wife and children, that would have been an easy death for those two. gut wrenching pain for hours is what someone like that deserves. Same for charlie Manson and his "family". Roman Polanski should have been given a branding iron and a few hours with those clowns

  8. #78
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    both those guys should be crucified. If it had been my wife and children, that would have been an easy death for those two. gut wrenching pain for hours is what someone like that deserves. Same for charlie Manson and his "family". Roman Polanski should have been given a branding iron and a few hours with those clowns
    So you think that if someone murders someone else and then after these things pass he complains about headaches and we give him an fMRI. Then we see a tumor in his pre-frontal cortex and it is then proven that it is directly related to his murders. When we then remove this tumor he returns to "normal", he should answer for his crimes that HE HAD NO CONTROL OVER?

    In fact, if you are indeed a lawyer, you should agree with me 100%.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  9. #79
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,607

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    So you think that if someone murders someone else and then after these things pass he complains about headaches and we give him an fMRI. Then we see a tumor in his pre-frontal cortex and it is then proven that it is directly related to his murders. When we then remove this tumor he returns to "normal", he should answer for his crimes that HE HAD NO CONTROL OVER?

    In fact, if you are indeed a lawyer, you should agree with me 100%.
    why? he still killed someone who did nothing to deserve it. I don't believe in state sponsored executions. However, I believe in aggrieved families having the primary right of vengeance. If the family doesn't want to do the mope-then lock him up. Your attempts to excuse criminal behavior is common among the far left. In order to get rid of individual rights you have to also get rid of individual responsibility as well

  10. #80
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why? he still killed someone who did nothing to deserve it. I don't believe in state sponsored executions. However, I believe in aggrieved families having the primary right of vengeance. If the family doesn't want to do the mope-then lock him up. Your attempts to excuse criminal behavior is common among the far left. In order to get rid of individual rights you have to also get rid of individual responsibility as well
    But the person was merely a victim of a mental disorder...
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •