View Poll Results: Do you agree with Florida Law on use of deadly force?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    48 71.64%
  • Disagree

    16 23.88%
  • I oppose the Second Amendment completely

    2 2.99%
  • There should be no rule of law

    1 1.49%
Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 446

Thread: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

  1. #371
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound View Post
    A citizen is obligated to follow suspicious characters. You can't assume that Martin didn't deserve to be followed. We don't know if he was an innocent child or a potential killer, so we don't know if we are worse off with him dead. Judging by his over-reaction in assaulting Zimmerman, we are probably better off with Martin dead. Zimmerman saved his own life and the lives this punk would have eventually taken.
    Nice trolling there.

    How would you feel if you read a disgusting comment like the one you stated above about your flesh and blood.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

  2. #372
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    This whole debate (for lack of a better term) with you has been nothing but a series of hyperbole and strawman arguments. You completely ignore my responses and then two posts later ask the same question or try and make the same point worded differently. Then to top it off you post out and out lies. Please point out where I was I was an expert on CCW? I said I HAVE my CCW. Of course you will ignore that question as well. You are good at that if nothing else.

    We know Zimmerman handled the situation badly. This does not make him guilty of a crime. This does not ignore the spirit of the law.

    You keep using hyperbolic language to help reinforce your imbecilic arguments that rather than logic, are based on emotion.

    Trayvon Martin was not a kid...

    Attachment 67125691

    1. multiple LARGE tatoos, at age 17
    2. *burglary tools*, womenís jewelry & reports of multiple burglaries in his dadís neighborhood
    3. reports he assaulted a bus driver
    4. long 10-day suspension (which is why he was staying with his dad across town)
    5. heavy use of gang lingo on the remnants of his mySpace page
    6. requests for him to peddle pot on his page

    His parents went out of their way to erase his Twitter page because of gang connections and his user name "NO_LIMIT_NIGGA" could it be image scrubbing? No he was just a perfect 12 year old, oh wait that picture is wrong.

    Now it is unfortunate the man got killed. It is unfortunate Zimmerman handled it badly. It is unfortunate morons try to portray Zimmerman as less than savory while Martin is some kind of angelic hero. In the end the truth is all that matters.

    I would make a list of all the strawman arguments do date, but it would take up an entire page.

    The funny part is I think you are trying desperately to recover from the stupidity of your original post. You know the one you never responded to and then flew into fallacy mode here: #102 http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060365123
    wow, just wow...

    And I'm sure Trayvon confessed all of this to Zimmerman right before Trayvon jumped Zimmerman. This was probably followed by a intellectual debate on Trayvon's philosophy on life and therefore transpired into a decision to take a life...

    LMFAO

    (Again, I will point out I'm neutral on this topic)
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  3. #373
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    wow, just wow...

    And I'm sure Trayvon confessed all of this to Zimmerman right before Trayvon jumped Zimmerman. This was probably followed by a intellectual debate on Trayvon's philosophy on life and therefore transpired into a decision to take a life...

    LMFAO

    (Again, I will point out I'm neutral on this topic)
    Well if you do a quick internet search you will see like most people this is all well documented.

    But that's OK, just keep being not so funny.

    Yea and your neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #374
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Well if you do a quick internet search you will see like most people this is all well documented.

    But that's OK, just keep being not so funny.

    Yea and your neutral.
    You must of missed my point. My point, which invalidates EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOURS IN THAT POST, is that Zimmerman knew NOTHING about that kid when he started following. (With the exceptions of the obvious, he was black, he wore a hoody, it was 1 am, he was in a neighborhood prone to breakins, ...) To derive the things you listed from what he knew would paint Zimmerman as a Skizotypical, which I guess makes Zimmerman innocent if he concluded that from those facts...
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  5. #375
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    You must of missed my point. My point, which invalidates EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOURS IN THAT POST, is that Zimmerman knew NOTHING about that kid when he started following. (With the exceptions of the obvious, he was black, he wore a hoody, it was 1 am, he was in a neighborhood prone to breakins, ...) To derive the things you listed from what he knew would paint Zimmerman as a Skizotypical, which I guess makes Zimmerman innocent if he concluded that from those facts...
    Then you completely missed the point of my post which makes your post nothing but a strawman. Look at my post and actually read it.

    Then I would appreciate you purchasing a clue, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #376
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Then you completely missed the point of my post which makes your post nothing but a strawman. Look at my post and actually read it.

    Then I would appreciate you purchasing a clue, lol.
    So your post wasn't to say that Martin was these things so that justified the shooting? (I'm sorry if I didn't see that. Your post was a little vague on that point.)
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  7. #377
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    So your post wasn't to say that Martin was these things so that justified the shooting? (I'm sorry if I didn't see that. Your post was a little vague on that point.)
    Now it is unfortunate the man got killed. It is unfortunate Zimmerman handled it badly. It is unfortunate morons try to portray Zimmerman as less than savory while Martin is some kind of angelic hero. In the end the truth is all that matters.

    I would make a list of all the strawman arguments do date, but it would take up an entire page.

    The funny part is I think you are trying desperately to recover from the stupidity of your original post. You know the one you never responded to and then flew into fallacy mode here: #102 http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060365123 (Florida
    - Blackdog

    I was talking about people and the media portraying Martin as an innocent 12 year old kid and Zimmerman as some kind of monster. Martin was a 6'2" 17 year old young man, not an innocent kid. He had his own troubles and was not innocent. This however did not mean he should be shot. This is why I mentioned how badly Zimmerman handled the situation.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-11-12 at 08:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #378
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Now it is unfortunate the man got killed. It is unfortunate Zimmerman handled it badly. It is unfortunate morons try to portray Zimmerman as less than savory while Martin is some kind of angelic hero. In the end the truth is all that matters.

    I would make a list of all the strawman arguments do date, but it would take up an entire page.

    The funny part is I think you are trying desperately to recover from the stupidity of your original post. You know the one you never responded to and then flew into fallacy mode here: #102 http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060365123 (Florida
    - Blackdog

    I was talking about people and the media portraying Martin as an innocent 12 years old kid and Martin as some kind of monster. Martin was a 6'2" 17 year old young man, not an innocent kid. He had his own troubles and was not innocent. This however did not mean he should be shot. This is why I mentioned how badly Zimmerman handled the situation.
    Ah, I see your point . I actually feel bad for Zimmerman because he is going to be a scapegoat .
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  9. #379
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Ah, I see your point . I actually feel bad for Zimmerman because he is going to be a scapegoat .
    I agree. Here was a guy trying to protect his community and he is being used as some kind of political plaything. One man is already dead, let's destroy another family simply for revenge is how I see it. Justice flew out the window as soon as the media got involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #380
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Update: Zimmerman has been charged with second degree murder.

    George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who shot and killed Florida teenager Trayvon Martin 45 days ago, was charged with second-degree murder Wednesday, marking a turning point in a case that has provoked nationwide debate over racial profiling.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •