View Poll Results: Do you agree with Florida Law on use of deadly force?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    48 71.64%
  • Disagree

    16 23.88%
  • I oppose the Second Amendment completely

    2 2.99%
  • There should be no rule of law

    1 1.49%
Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 446

Thread: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

  1. #351
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    "Michael" gave up. He always does.
    Yes you're known for giving up and trolling.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

  2. #352
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    OK lets see....

    This was my initial response directly to you....

    He did not ignore the dispatcher. The dispatcher suggested he should not follow Martin, it was not a command or order to be ignored. - Blackdog

    No lie there or even anything to imply.

    You then responded with...

    Doesn't matter if it wasn't a command. He still ignored the dispatcher and went after him. You questioned Muhammed on whether Zimmerman ignored the dispatcher or not, implying that it never happened when evidence shows he did, and now you're trying to argue the technicality between the dispatcher and Zimmerman.

    Next. - Michael Johnson http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060380089

    I then responded...

    #1 I did not question Muhammad on anything.
    #2 Since I did not question Muhammad, I did not imply anything.
    #3 The evidence says the dispatcher "suggested" a course of action and Zimmerman chose to follow a different course. This does not mean he ignored the dispatcher. That is unless you can read Zimmerman's mind?
    #4 Now you are trying to accuse me of things I did not say or imply and I have shown your statements to be less than accurate.

    Next.
    - Blackdog http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060380222

    So please point out where I responded to Muhammad to imply something?
    Point out where I backtracked on anything I have said? I still maintain since the dispatcher had no real authority to tell him what to do, it was not a matter of ignoring and is irrelevant by and according to the law.

    So please point out my lie, or anything else you would like. So far you have done nothing but make a really bad argument and sling mud.

    Nothing else.
    He did ignore the dispatcher.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

  3. #353
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,495

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Johnson View Post
    He did ignore the dispatcher.
    I don't agree. The dispatcher had no authority at all and did not give an order. We don't know what Zimmerman's intent was and we still don't. We don't even know if Martin had noticed the car following him already. Too many if's to make any kind of call. In the end he left the car, this however does not mean he ignored the dispatcher.

    Of course this still does not cover all the calls of liar, putting words in my mouth and accusing me of things I did not say or do which are all false.

    So your posts were nothing but baseless accusations after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #354
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I don't agree. The dispatcher had no authority at all and did not give an order. We don't know what Zimmerman's intent was and we still don't. We don't even know if Martin had noticed the car following him already. Too many if's to make any kind of call. In the end he left the car, this however does not mean he ignored the dispatcher.
    Doesn't matter. He ignored it, went after him, TM defended himself, and he got killed.

    Of course this still does not cover all the calls of liar, putting words in my mouth and accusing me of things I did not say or do which are all false.

    So your posts were nothing but baseless accusations after all.
    Oh don't worry, you still lied.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

  5. #355
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,495

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Johnson View Post
    Doesn't matter. He ignored it, went after him, TM defended himself, and he got killed.


    Oh don't worry, you still lied.
    OK I see now. Reality does not matter to your argument or accusations. You just throw them out there and hope no one notices, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #356
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,257

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Why would a 911 dispatcher be an expert? They have no training etc. I mean it would be common sense to stop and wait for the police unless he was afraid the suspect would get away. So he made a judgement call that had little to do with any kind of expertise from a dispatcher, they are not trained police officers in any way. Neither was Zimmerman, so even though in the long run it was a bad decision, at the time it had nothing to do with ignoring anyone, but assessing the situation for himself as he was there.

    Just because I don't take advice from someone does not mean I was trying to ignore it.

    People are acting like somehow they new Zimmerman's intent when we don't know at all.
    That statement is so blatantly ridiculous. The "suspect" had done nothing illegal. Not to mention as you CORRECTLY point out, Zimmerman is NOT a trained police man. He is a CCW and neighborhood watch captain. Neither of which gives you authority to arrest. So by pursuing someone who was NOT commiting a forcible felony...what does that say?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  7. #357
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,257

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Johnson View Post
    Again nobody cares, the lies are in stone anyway. Besides Zimmerman is a monster.
    Zimmerman wasn't a monster. He was stupid. If stupidity makes one a monster...then damn near everyone is a monster. Keep in mind that Zimmerman was being gung ho. The evidence does not support a willful murder of Treyvon. It DOES support that Zimmerman was being an idiot though.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  8. #358
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,495

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    That statement is so blatantly ridiculous. The "suspect" had done nothing illegal. Not to mention as you CORRECTLY point out, Zimmerman is NOT a trained police man. He is a CCW and neighborhood watch captain. Neither of which gives you authority to arrest. So by pursuing someone who was NOT commiting a forcible felony...what does that say?
    Martin was not a "suspect" and Zimmerman was not trying to "arrest" anyone according to the evidence. That is a hell of a leap. The only thing ridiculous here is your understanding.

    This does not mean a citizen (does not have to be any kind of authority) cannot follow someone.

    So you would like to see the ability to follow someone in your own neighborhood made illegal? LMAO!
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-10-12 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #359
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    He rejected the advice of the expert he called. That cannot be denied.
    It can be denied because no real advice was given, especially from an expert.


    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    But it was advice from a professional who he had called for help. The fact that he would ignore that same advice is rather telling about Z and his motives that night.
    What advice?
    The actual instruction of "let me know if he does anything" or "Just let me know if this guy does anything else"?
    Those actual instructions?
    Why isn't your side all up in the air about that?
    Instead of just a suggestion of "we don't need you to do that."
    I mean, if you are going to say he should have followed a suggestion and ignore actual instructions, then your side is being hypocritical.
    Could it possibly be because you want Zimmerman to be guilty.


    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Thank you for correcting the facts on your training. Allow me then to rephrase my statement to say that the dispatcher knows a hell of a lot more than I do or most other Americans about that sort of situation.

    The question of a crime is now being investigated. I am willing to wait for that determination. Until then it is a fact that if Z had stayed in his car that night as the dispatcher advised him to do, neither of us would be engaged in this discussion today and the entire world would be absent this terrible event - sad or otherwise.
    March 15, 2012.
    Lee said the 911 directions asking Zimmerman not to confront the teenager are not mandatory instructions.

    "That is a call taker making a recommendation to him. He's not under a legal obligation to do that, so that is not something we can charge him with," he said.

    Fatal shooting of Florida teen turned over to state attorney - CNN.com



    March 23, 2012
    Official release from Sanford City Manager, quoting Chief of Police.
    ... , the telecommunications call taker asked Zimmerman “are you
    following him”. Zimmerman replied, “yes”. The call taker stated “you don’t need to do
    that”. The call taker’s suggestion is not a lawful order that Mr. Zimmerman would be
    required to follow. Zimmerman’s statement was that he had lost sight of Trayvon and
    was returning to his truck to meet the police officer when he says he was attacked by
    Trayvon.

    Official release from Sanford City Manager, quoting Chief of Police


    Although they have the exact wording of the suggestion wrong, this official release refers to the person as a "telecommunications call taker".
    Last edited by Excon; 04-10-12 at 06:50 PM.

  10. #360
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,257

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Martin was not a "suspect" and Zimmerman was not trying to "arrest" anyone according to the evidence. That is a hell of a leap. The only thing ridiculous here is your understanding.
    So he wasn't a suspect? So why was he being followed by Zimmerman and why did Zimmerman call the police?

    Zimmerman has no authority to arrest. Therefor he has NO reason to pursue.

    So you would like to see the ability to follow someone in your own neighborhood made illegal? LMAO!
    When said person is not committing a forcible felony? I wonder how you would react if someone constantly followed you, and when you "bravely" confront them and ask them what they are doing and they say, "None of your buisness." how you would feel.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •