View Poll Results: Do you agree with Florida Law on use of deadly force?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    48 71.64%
  • Disagree

    16 23.88%
  • I oppose the Second Amendment completely

    2 2.99%
  • There should be no rule of law

    1 1.49%
Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 446

Thread: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

  1. #311
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,358

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Actually yes he does. If he was attacked for any reason he is allowed to defend himself, period. You can yell all you like and that does not change the law or it's spirit.
    :
    Really? You think that Treyvon is the aggressor in this situation? Yet Treyvon was not doing anything he wasn't supposed to be doing when he got reported to the police by Zimmerman. You don't see something wrong in that Zimmerman's decision to exit the vehicle rather than allowing the police to do their job?

    BTW the spirit of the law is that you cannot go follow some guy you think is committing a crime, be the aggressor, and then call it self defense when that guy reacted to you following him. After all...what if he felt threatened by you following him? Do you see the problem here?

    If someone was putting my head into the pavement the threat of serious and deadly injury is great. I would have shot him as well. I would have also been justified in the spirit of the law as well. What happened prior to the attack is only important in that who attacked who first. Following, calling or asking a question does not give anyone the right to attack you, period.
    WRONG. Just wrong. What if Treyvon felt threatened and Zimmerman didn't properly identify himself? Where does the law stand there? You have a right to shoot in self defense. That is not in question. But it is vigilantism to seek to out and stop crime. That is NOT within the scope of self defense. You become the aggressor by doing that. You clearly don't understand that. You also are NOT analyzing this from the perspective of what it means to our rights and how this incident is going to resonate. Zimmerman is no hero. He is THE shining example of what not to do.

    Only to morons who like to think in terms of and make blanket statements.
    Only a moron would not account for those morons. Blanket statements are the media, anti-gun, and anti-self defense crowd's speciality. Or do you not watch the news?

    is to bad they give CCW licences to idiots that don't know the law and jump to conclusions without all the evidence.
    Yea. Those idiots shoot 17 year old kids who are in the gated community of their father's fiance.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #312
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    He is NOT a hero to any gun owner who understands rational decision making. It is quite evident to me. While blackdog is to stubborn to say it openly, but it is QUITE clear that Zimmerman made a bad decision. I am not the only one who thinks that. I have had this discussion plenty too. Zimmerman's "bad reputation" was not manufactured to me either. He had run ins on his record and an old restraining order. He is as much a scumbag criminal as Martin was. The fact is he is guilty of poor decision making. Anyone who has any hint of intelligence knows he shouldn't have gotten out of the car.
    It is also quite evident to me you cannot read. Please point out anyplace I said he did not make a bad decision? You can't because I never said that. I said it is not illegal to follow someone, and it's not. Now you are saying they are both scumbag criminals when you obviously don't know **** about the law and the situation other than what the media is telling you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #313
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    I disagree with the law.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

  4. #314
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Really? You think that Treyvon is the aggressor in this situation? Yet Treyvon was not doing anything he wasn't supposed to be doing when he got reported to the police by Zimmerman. You don't see something wrong in that Zimmerman's decision to exit the vehicle rather than allowing the police to do their job?
    I don't care because he was not told to stay in his car. It was suggested he stay in his car or not follow by the dispatcher. It was not an order, and it was not illegal in any way for him to follow Martin. What decisions he made bad or good are irrelevant as long as he did not break the law. He did not.

    How many times are you going to ask the same question over and over when you have already been shown to have no clue on the matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    BTW the spirit of the law is that you cannot go follow some guy you think is committing a crime, be the aggressor, and then call it self defense when that guy reacted to you following him. After all...what if he felt threatened by you following him? Do you see the problem here?
    Yes I do have a problem. You don't even know the law. How are you going to make any kind of call? I have already shown you don't know it, don't understand it and are ready to jump to conclusions with no evidence. Sorry, but people like you and the media are the real problem here.

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    WRONG. Just wrong. What if Treyvon felt threatened and Zimmerman didn't properly identify himself? Where does the law stand there?
    With no evidence the law says sorry no reason to arrest. What if's are for judges and jury's to consider. Considering Zimmerman has not been arrested I will side with the professionals and not the media.

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    You have a right to shoot in self defense. That is not in question. But it is vigilantism to seek to out and stop crime. That is NOT within the scope of self defense. You become the aggressor by doing that. You clearly don't understand that. You also are NOT analyzing this from the perspective of what it means to our rights and how this incident is going to resonate. Zimmerman is no hero. He is THE shining example of what not to do.
    If Martin attacked Zimmerman and this is what the evidence so far points to, then he was defending himself. Until it becomes illegal for citizens to patrol the streets this is the way it is. You do not become an aggressor until a verbal or physical threat has been made. No evidence suggest Zimmerman was any kind of threat.

    I don't have to analyze this according to rights, that is what the legislature and courts are for. Anti-gun nuts try to change gun laws at the drop of a hat, nothing is going to change that.

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Only a moron would not account for those morons. Blanket statements are the media, anti-gun, and anti-self defense crowd's speciality. Or do you not watch the news?
    You are just as guilty. What does this make you?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Yea. Those idiots shoot 17 year old kids who are in the gated community of their father's fiance.


    No. A guy on community watch getting attacked by a 6'2 adult in the dark who then had his head smashed into the ground. That is what the evidence says. Your comment is nothing but typical hyperbole.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-10-12 at 11:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    I still think Zimmerman ignored the 911 Dispatcher
    Could you explain the line of reasoning that you used to come to that conclusion?

  6. #316
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Could you explain the line of reasoning that you used to come to that conclusion?
    Uhhh it's nothing made up, it's what he actually did.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

  7. #317
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Johnson View Post
    Uhhh it's nothing made up, it's what he actually did.
    He did not ignore the dispatcher. The dispatcher suggested he should not follow Martin, it was not a command or order to be ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #318
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    He did not ignore the dispatcher. The dispatcher suggested he should not follow Martin, it was not a command or order to be ignored.
    Doesn't matter if it wasn't a command. He still ignored the dispatcher and went after him. You questioned Muhammed on whether Zimmerman ignored the dispatcher or not, implying that it never happened when evidence shows he did, and now you're trying to argue the technicality between the dispatcher and Zimmerman.

    Next.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

  9. #319
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Johnson View Post
    Doesn't matter if it wasn't a command. He still ignored the dispatcher and went after him. You questioned Muhammed on whether Zimmerman ignored the dispatcher or not, implying that it never happened when evidence shows he did, and now you're trying to argue the technicality between the dispatcher and Zimmerman.

    Next.
    #1 I did not question Muhammad on anything.
    #2 Since I did not question Muhammad, I did not imply anything.
    #3 The evidence says the dispatcher "suggested" a course of action and Zimmerman chose to follow a different course. This does not mean he ignored the dispatcher. That is unless you can read Zimmerman's mind?
    #4 Now you are trying to accuse me of things I did not say or imply and I have shown your statements to be less than accurate.

    Next.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-10-12 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #320
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    re: Florida Law on use of deadly force [W:390]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    #1 I did not question Muhammad on anything.
    #2 Since I did not question Muhammad, I did not imply anything.
    The rest of your post just.......doesn't even need reading since you just lied.

    out.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •