View Poll Results: What do you think of the new definition?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect

    3 7.69%
  • A bit too broad

    3 7.69%
  • Not broad enough

    2 5.13%
  • Way to broad (original definition is just fine ty)

    7 17.95%
  • Not even close to accurate

    11 28.21%
  • Shut up you racist!

    4 10.26%
  • Other

    9 23.08%
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 292

Thread: The new definition of "Racist".

  1. #271
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,489

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    No one is claiming MLK was emperor - that's a strawman. It has PLENTY to do with it as MLK was an advocate of peaceful demonstration to effect political and social change - versus Jackson and Sharpton who are racist baiters.

    I also have never said other races do not riot - stawman #2. Well done.
    I think you may need to look at what you are responding too....

    why is it that when black folks get pissed off they riot, burn and loot their own neighborhoods or vandalize some random walgreens or other establishment that had no involvement with the issue?

    That is what Oscar said.

    You said it was because "Because MLK was taken way too soon from this world, and that vacuum was filled with racist, race baiters, and those out to benefit themselves like the NBPP as a sad replacement for that great man."

    So you are saying whenever blacks get pissed off and loot riot etc. it is because MLK is no longer alive? To lead us? What does that make him?

    No strawman, it was relevant to my point that neither him nor anyone else is any kind of leader for an entire race of people as you seem to think. So tell me, who is the leader of white people? Who is the leader of Chinese etc? Your premise is inaccurate.

    You also said "Because MLK was taken way too soon from this world" in response to "why is it that when black folks get pissed off they riot." No strawman there.

    So either you are not reading what you are responding to, or you are making excuses, which is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You sir, need to educate yourself as apparently, you're severely lacking in the subject matter and how to apply my statement to current events. Let me know when that happens.
    That is almost laughable. Obviously someone here needs an education, but it is not me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #272
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,894

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    The country is going to ****. When I was a kid people didn't plot to kill their parents or rob their grandmother or bring guns into school because someone was picking on them. Or maybe they did and without MSN, CNN, FOX and google we just didn't hear about it
    Actually, I don't think it's all bad. Violent crime has been dropping in this country for quite some time now, even through the worst recession since the Great Depression. Lynchings are down, too. Ah, yes, the good ol' days, when the only blacks you saw at the country club were caddies.
    Нава́льный 2018

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    ....When I was a kid people didn't plot to kill their parents or rob their grandmother or bring guns into school because someone was picking on them. Or maybe they did and without MSN, CNN, FOX and google we just didn't hear about it
    we have a winner!!!

    the world looks pretty crazy, now that we have internet and instant media.

    here are two lovely little race riots that almost no one knows about

    Tulsa race riot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    New York City draft riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Thunder; 04-03-12 at 02:37 PM.

  4. #274
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    Ah, yes, the good ol' days, when the only blacks you saw at the country club were caddies.
    I wouldn't know. No one in my family has ever been rich enough to belong to a country club and we couldn't get a caddy job because they were all taken by the blacks.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #275
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I think you may need to look at what you are responding too....
    . Im responding directly to the last ignorant statement you directed to me.

    My comment was a direct response as to why racists like Sharpton exist; and my conclusion is because MLK left a vacuum when he was assassinated. No more no less.

    My response was not directed to you and I cannot prevent you from bringing whatever baggage you have from your disagreement with Oscar.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    ISo you are saying whenever blacks get pissed off and loot riot etc. it is because MLK is no longer alive? To lead us? What does that make him?
    . That makes him an assassinated man who all races sorely miss.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I
    You also said "Because MLK was taken way too soon from this world" in response to "why is it that when black folks get pissed off they riot." No strawman there.
    I did no such response. So you wanted
    MLK to die sooner? Perhaps leaving your chip off your shoulder as well as whatever BS your bring to my statement may be warranted. If you're happy with racists like Sharpton and Jackson speaking for the black population - I've got nothing else to say...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #276
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,489

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I did no such response. So you wanted
    MLK to die sooner?
    What???

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Perhaps leaving your chip off your shoulder as well as whatever BS your bring to my statement may be warranted. If you're happy with racists like Sharpton and Jackson speaking for the black population - I've got nothing else to say...
    This is the exact opposite of what I said. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton AGAIN are not the Emperors of black people. They speak for us as much as Rush Limbaugh speaks for white people.

    Please go take a nap or something because you are definitely incoherent at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    . Im responding directly to the last ignorant statement you directed to me.

    My comment was a direct response as to why racists like Sharpton exist; and my conclusion is because MLK left a vacuum when he was assassinated. No more no less.

    My response was not directed to you and I cannot prevent you from bringing whatever baggage you have from your disagreement with Oscar.

    . That makes him an assassinated man who all races sorely miss.
    I am sorry, I guess people like me can't read...

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Which begs the question: why is it that when black folks get pissed off they riot, burn and loot their own neighborhoods or vandalize some random walgreens or other establishment that had no involvement with the issue?
    - http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060358554

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Because MLK was taken way too soon from this world, and that vacuum was filled with racist, race baiters, and those out to benefit themselves like the NBPP as a sad replacement for that great man.
    - http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060358569

    How does Oscars quote and your response translate into what you are saying??? So again...

    Question: why is it that when black folks get pissed off they riot, burn and loot their own neighborhoods or vandalize some random walgreens or other establishment that had no involvement with the issue?

    Answer: Because MLK was taken way too soon from this world, and that vacuum was filled with racist, race baiters, and those out to benefit themselves like the NBPP as a sad replacement for that great man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #277
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    A racist can be someone who favors their race in a justice sense over others not of their race.

    For example, Sharpston is proving he is a racist in the Zimmerman-Martin matter because his reason to involve is the race of Martin and because Zimmerman is not.

    So racism may not only be negativity towards people of other races, but also unfair favorables towards those of your own race.

  8. #278
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    What???



    This is the exact opposite of what I said. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton AGAIN are not the Emperors of black people. They speak for us as much as Rush Limbaugh speaks for white people.

    Please go take a nap or something because you are definitely incoherent at this point.



    I am sorry, I guess people like me can't read...

    - http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060358554

    - http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060358569

    How does Oscars quote and your response translate into what you are saying??? So again...

    Question: why is it that when black folks get pissed off they riot, burn and loot their own neighborhoods or vandalize some random walgreens or other establishment that had no involvement with the issue?

    Answer: Because MLK was taken way too soon from this world, and that vacuum was filled with racist, race baiters, and those out to benefit themselves like the NBPP as a sad replacement for that great man.
    I can't make it any clearer... my statement was a stand alone statement to Oscar. Why you've injected your entire baggage and prior conversation with Oscar into my comment, I still am clueless.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #279
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,489

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I can't make it any clearer... my statement was a stand alone statement to Oscar. Why you've injected your entire baggage and prior conversation with Oscar into my comment, I still am clueless.
    I am taking it as a stand alone and it still comes off the same way. Has nothing to do with my prior conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #280
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    It is predictable when the President himself claims the importance of people to him is based on race, when African-American talking heads are raging for African-Americans to stick together, when members of Congress take a potential criminal case and turn it into questions of race... on and on...

    It is predictable that many whites will absolute agree that people should stick to their own race, back up their own race, and that other races are the enemy. And that is happening around here. This is old KKK country in very real ways. The only remainder of it was a few goofy guys out in the sticks who maybe put on their costumes once a month in one of their living rooms.

    Now, every day and usually many times, I see old 4X4s driving around flying large confederate flags, and in the more remote and outlying areas it has become an ocean of confederate flags, with a quick increase in "Don't ReNig" bumper stickers.

    Via the Zimmerman-Martin matter, the "left," Democrats and African-American voices declared that racism is politically correct for African-Americans. It is predictable what many whites would agree from their own perspectives too.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •