View Poll Results: What do you think of the new definition?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect

    3 7.69%
  • A bit too broad

    3 7.69%
  • Not broad enough

    2 5.13%
  • Way to broad (original definition is just fine ty)

    7 17.95%
  • Not even close to accurate

    11 28.21%
  • Shut up you racist!

    4 10.26%
  • Other

    9 23.08%
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 292

Thread: The new definition of "Racist".

  1. #261
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That has nothing to do with anything. MLK was not the Emperor pf black people and neither are the Jessie Jackson or the likes of Al Sharpton. Other races of people riot as well, this is not some kind of race specific trait.

    Jesus, get a clue.
    No one is claiming MLK was emperor - that's a strawman. It has PLENTY to do with it as MLK was an advocate of peaceful demonstration to effect political and social change - versus Jackson and Sharpton who are racist baiters.

    I also have never said other races do not riot - stawman #2. Well done.


    You sir, need to educate yourself as apparently, you're severely lacking in the subject matter and how to apply my statement to current events. Let me know when that happens.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    .....Only a retard would imply that I was stating that every black person in the country acts like that. But, if you and yours are that limited, i will ammend all future statements with the words "SOME blacks"
    only a very small percentage of black folks rioted after the Rodney King verdict.

    I see no reason to judge even 25% of their population, by this incident.

    .....but that's just me.

  3. #263
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,926

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    See if you can pick the mugger:

    Forty-ish black gentleman, walking along a Manhattan street, wearing an Italian suit and loafers and carrying a briefcase.

    Or...

    White tween, walking along a street in South Boston, nervously looking about while smoking a cigarette, shaved head, covered in tats and body piercings, wearing baggy clothes, and with three days of growth on his face.

    I don't know these people, but reason tells me one is more of a potential threat than the other. Anyone pick the black guy?
    Нава́льный 2018

  4. #264
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    only a very small percentage of black folks rioted after the Rodney King verdict.

    I see no reason to judge even 25% of their population, by this incident.

    .....but that's just me.
    And again you miss/ignore my point. I am not judgimg ALL blacks by the actions of a few, only those who participate, defend, rationalize or by their silence condone such actions
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    See if you can pick the mugger:

    Forty-ish black gentleman, walking along a Manhattan street, wearing an Italian suit and loafers and carrying a briefcase.

    Or...

    White tween, walking along a street in South Boston, nervously looking about while smoking a cigarette, shaved head, covered in tats and body piercings, wearing baggy clothes, and with three days of growth on his face.

    I don't know these people, but reason tells me one is more of a potential threat than the other. Anyone pick the black guy?
    seriously?

    you see a black man in a suit with a briefcase, to be a threat?

    yikes.

    maybe its just NYC, but we have a very large black Middle-class here. Its totally regular to see very well dressed black folks coming from their jobs in Manhattan. I guess its a testament to our economy & sense of equality.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    And again you miss/ignore my point. I am not judgimg ALL blacks by the actions of a few, only those who participate, defend, rationalize or by their silence condone such actions
    um....that's kinda everybody.

  7. #267
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    See if you can pick the mugger:

    Forty-ish black gentleman, walking along a Manhattan street, wearing an Italian suit and loafers and carrying a briefcase.

    Or...

    White tween, walking along a street in South Boston, nervously looking about while smoking a cigarette, shaved head, covered in tats and body piercings, wearing baggy clothes, and with three days of growth on his face.

    I don't know these people, but reason tells me one is more of a potential threat than the other. Anyone pick the black guy?
    Actions speak louder than skin color
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #268
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    um....that's kinda everybody.
    Yeah, hence my comment to blackdog that I have a chip on my shoulder with people in general. 90% of the pop is either stupid, uninformed, lazy, racist or a combination thereof. My gripe is that it seems that only whites get accused of being racists. And, on the rare occasion when a minority gets called racist, it is usually followed by a rationalization of how that is OK or understandable because of crap that happened 50 years ago.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #269
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,926

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    seriously?

    you see a black man in a suit with a briefcase, to be a threat?

    yikes.
    Am I serious? Isn't it obvious? I asked a question first, and since we're being serious, do you seriously view the white kid dressed like a punk as more of a threat than the black businessman wearing an Italian suit? Why would that be? Or do you view them equally?
    Last edited by Ahlevah; 04-03-12 at 02:14 PM.
    Нава́льный 2018

  10. #270
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Off topic:

    Why is it that a white dude is more likely to be a serial killer whereas a black dude is more likely to kill multiple people at once?

    A white dude will kill 10 people over the span of a couple of years but a black dude will kill 10 people in a single driveby.

    And WTF is with kids these days? Black kids gangbangin and killin each other. White kids goin in and shooting up the school. Had a incident here recently where a white girl convinced her black boyfriend to help her kill her parents. Fortunately, he just tied them up, beat the crap out of them and robbed the place.

    The country is going to ****. When I was a kid people didn't plot to kill their parents or rob their grandmother or bring guns into school because someone was picking on them. Or maybe they did and without MSN, CNN, FOX and google we just didn't hear about it
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •