View Poll Results: What do you think of the new definition?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect

    3 7.69%
  • A bit too broad

    3 7.69%
  • Not broad enough

    2 5.13%
  • Way to broad (original definition is just fine ty)

    7 17.95%
  • Not even close to accurate

    11 28.21%
  • Shut up you racist!

    4 10.26%
  • Other

    9 23.08%
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 292

Thread: The new definition of "Racist".

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    You look up. You provided a quote in which race was not mentioned. Your own bias caused you to assume I was talking only about black people. That in itself says much more about your prejudice than it does about any alleged prejudice on my part.

    Oopsie
    right....you were talking about white folk' who smoke Newports & drink malt liquor.


  2. #142
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Never hurts to cheer for the underdog.

    Oh wait...was that racist?
    Exactly. Racism is an accurate evaluation of the behavior of a race. So it is a loaded, misused term and should no longer be used. We still allow "discriminating tastes" as a positive term, so why is "discrimination" automatically irrational and unfair? This is an example of Orwellian Newspeak. Big Brotherhood is watching you.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  3. #143
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The word already has a definition and one that works perfectly fine. The fact that people misuse the word is the problem, not that the definition is wrong.
    The definition should be marked "pejorative," because it is only used to describe something that is morally and factually wrong. But there is nothing wrong with racism. For thousands of years, it kept civilized people from being over-run by savages.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  4. #144
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    right....you were talking about white folk' who smoke Newports & drink malt liquor.

    Again, your prejudice is showing. I know plenty of white people who smoke newports and drink schlitz malt liquor. What is really pitiful is that you were compelled to dig up a year old post in order to TRY to justify your pathetic opinion. Or are you just so obsessed with me that you have all my posts saved to your desktop for handy reference?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    ....Or are you just so obsessed with me that you have all my posts saved to your desktop for handy reference?....
    obsessed with you?

    don't flatter yourself.

  6. #146
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound View Post
    Exactly. Racism is an accurate evaluation of the behavior of a race. So it is a loaded, misused term and should no longer be used. We still allow "discriminating tastes" as a positive term, so why is "discrimination" automatically irrational and unfair? This is an example of Orwellian Newspeak. Big Brotherhood is watching you.
    Discrimination is perfectly acceptable to when to comes to turning racist vermin like you into pariahs. You have chosen to engage in behavior that marks you as ignorant and hateful and will be judged by society as such.

  7. #147
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    "way to broad" ??
    As written, this makes no sense.
    We need to have English, correct, proper English as our language.
    We need to learn to respect others.
    The "new " definition is OK, as far as it goes..
    As to our Mr Martin....He is a stringbean, young, and thanks to man's fear .....dead..
    Maybe in another 500 years, we can put racism behind us !
    Correct English would have a neutral term to describe a theory about racial inferiority. With no justification to eliminate positive meanings, "racism" is a negative term, like "superstition."
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  8. #148
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    right....you were talking about white folk' who smoke Newports & drink malt liquor.

    i drink malt liquor sometimes and i smoke newports on and off your argument is void.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  9. #149
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    i drink malt liquor sometimes and i smoke newports on and off your argument is void.
    You should really just stay out of this since you obviously don't understand the context of Thunder's post.

  10. #150
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    obsessed with you?

    don't flatter yourself.
    Flattered??? Disturbed and a wee bit nervous is more like it. Kinda like the goats on your grandfather's farm...
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •