View Poll Results: What do you think of the new definition?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect

    3 7.69%
  • A bit too broad

    3 7.69%
  • Not broad enough

    2 5.13%
  • Way to broad (original definition is just fine ty)

    7 17.95%
  • Not even close to accurate

    11 28.21%
  • Shut up you racist!

    4 10.26%
  • Other

    9 23.08%
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 292

Thread: The new definition of "Racist".

  1. #101
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    So, here we have a bait thread using a phony "poll" that lists two options from which we need to select. One of these options is extremely restrictive -- that of racism involving a sense of racial superiority only. The other is a made-up definition used only as a straw man.

    As most people use the term "racism", however, it is not so restrictive as the one definition nor so intentionally trivial as the other.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #102
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    you are lying, as I NEVER called you "stupid".
    That's not what he said... he said "calling people stupid"...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #103
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    you are lying, as I NEVER called you "stupid".
    Don't play his games Thunder.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Never have i said all blacks are lazy, steal, etc. I merely pointed out that enough blacks act in a certain way to create the stereotype. And blaming it on racism is not the solution. The solution is altering the behavior....
    Anti-Semites view Jews as stingy, dishonest, plotting to take over the world, and arrogant.

    is the solution to these hateful stereotypes, for Jews to stop acting this way?????????

  5. #105
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    and that is bull****.

    if 10% of blacks behave a certain way, and some ignorant whites base their view of all blacks on those 10%, then the problem is with those ignorant white people, not the 10% of blacks.

    if you judge & view tens of millions of people based on the possible activities of a small percentage of those folks, you are being ignorant & prejudiced.

    and no, most folks will only yell "racism" when racism is truly afoot.
    Typical apologist comment. Don't blame the 10% for giving the rest of them a bad name. Blame the white guy.

    Funny how people like you who cry over stereotyping blacks because of the actions of a small % have no problem stereotyping all white people as racists over the actions of a small %

    Hypocrisy at its finest
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #106
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    you are lying, as I NEVER called you "stupid".
    NEVER is a mighty absolute term.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #107
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    That's not what he said... he said "calling people stupid"...
    Shhhhhh, facts and truth scares him
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #108
    Professor cmakaioz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Last Seen
    01-22-13 @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    #1 is transparent partisan hackery and/or appeal to such hackery, so I'll leave it alone.

    #2 is definitely part of racism, but does misses the heart of racism.

    Racism INCLUDES claims of superiority/inferiority, but the essence of racism lies in the following:

    A) Sincere belief that "race" refers to something biologically real, which actually breaks down along the lines posited by "race" mythology and has causal power in its own right. In other words, if you believe "race" actually exists beyond what is accounted for by social construction/social pretense (i.e. that "race" could actually do anything whether people in racist societies were socially constructing it or not)....THAT is racism.

    B) Any and all action or communication which treats A. above AS IF IT WERE TRUE, even if one doesn't personally believe it to be true.

    Thus, claiming one "race" is better in some way than another is definitely racism. But here's the catch: claiming that all "races" are of equal ability or potential...is ALSO racism, because it leaves in place the superstition that "race" has an existence beyond social construction in the first place.

    Before people get caught up in the usual blame games and finger pointing, I must remind us that *personal intention* is irrelevant to the definition of racism. One need not want to harm people through racism in order to participate in racism, and racism has been institutionalized for centuries now, so anyone alive today has received partial (if not heavy) training into it as a matter of routine (again, without any reference to intent).

    The usual sticking point involves getting people PAST the individualism-obsessed/intention-obsessed/defensive stage (where they focus primarily upon their own imagined relationship to/role in current racism) and move onwards to taking a sober look at how racism actually functions BEYOND the level of individual attitude, i.e. in institutions, in social expectations, and generally in ways which have next to nothing to do with personal intentions, good or bad.

    The typical participant in racism is a well-intentioned and reasonably intelligent person who has been trained to participate in racism not out of malice but as a matter of course. For the privileged, that training includes a careful avoidance of acknowledging and thinking about the positive impacts of racism for those privileged by it (for example, people trained into "white" identity may readily acknowledge that people of color are targeted by racist oppression here, but are less willing to acknowledge that "white" people are privileged by racist oppression...despite the fact that these are two sides of the same dynamic).

    But in any case, the definition offered in the poll (item 2 at least) does identify part of racism, but isn't broad enough.
    I've moved on to a better forum (scienceforums.net). Facts matter, and I don't have the time or energy for putting up with the pretense that they don't. PM me if you'd like me to get in touch with you when I'm done developing my own forum system, likely towards the end of 2013.

  9. #109
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    My son spent $9k to attend a tech training school. He now makes $40/hr as a contractor.
    His black friend from HS spent $8k on spinning rims, neon running lights and a stereo system for his chevy impala. He now works a burger king.

    And yet some people will cry that my son should pay higher taxes because the other guy didn't have the same opportunities because he is black


    I paid over 50k to put my daughter through college. My oldest adopted son isgoing to go to the same university for free because he is black and is getting a minority scholarship.

    And yet some people will cry that minorities don't have equal opportunity for education.

    And then they wonder why guys like me get pissed off when some toolbag calls us "racists" for suggestong that minorities are to blame for some of their own problems.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The new definition of "Racist".

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    NEVER is a mighty absolute term.
    indeed.

    I have NEVER called you stupid.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •