View Poll Results: Your instinct ... is Zimmerman lying about what took place?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • It seems Zimmerman is lying to cover his crime

    28 33.33%
  • Probably

    19 22.62%
  • No clue

    23 27.38%
  • No

    11 13.10%
  • Comment

    3 3.57%
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 214

Thread: Is he lying?

  1. #81
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is he lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    The guy followed the kid kid defended himself after being approved by said guy. Guy kills kid. Manslaughter. That's the position the prosecution should have taken. That's the proof by the phone calls/transcripts.

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk


    yup manslaughter

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk



    You do realize that, if that is true, than Zimmerman is guilty of manslaughter right?

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    No, there is no evidence to support that and why do you say "manslaughter" rather than murder anyway if that is how you feel about it? And your rationale is based on how you "feel," not the witnesses, facts and evidence.

  2. #82
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,989

    Re: Is he lying?

    There's no doubt in my mind Zimmerman is responsable for the death of Trayvon. If but for Zimmerman, Martin would be alive.

    That said, whether or not he was legally responsable, if it was racially motivated, etc are all up in the air and making judgement calls on it right now is just unwise.

    There's a ton of conflicting evidence with nothing but personal judgements and biases playing into which ones people decide are credible and which ones aren't. The case absolutely needs to be looked into, but beyond that the legal system needs to play out.

    For all those that try and claim this is race, lets back up a bit and be honest as well. Is the fact its such a huge story based around the notion that it was portrayed as a "white man" (later it's been found to be a half-hispanic man) show a "black kid". In 2010, also in Florida, you had an instance where a person with a gun interjected himself into a situation he had no business interjecting himself into. The actions of said individual caused some witnesses to claim that the victim "attacked" first, leading to the initial guy shooting and killing the victim. That case too did not end in a conviction or even a real trial as the shooter was not responsable under the law. While that story wasn't a man killing a teen, it was a man killing another man in front of his victim's 8 year old daughter, so still had a heartstring pulling angle to it.

    That time, it was the Black Guy who was the shooter that was not brought to trial and the White Guy who died. However, that one didn't beome national news.

    For all those jumping on the racist bandwagon, I'd suggest holding off and also understanding that notion cuts both ways. And in regards to the case overall, I think we need to stop trying the case in the court of public opinion (even though I know that will never happen) and let this process play out. Beyond a doubt, regardless of the outcome, this is an unfortunate and sad event that frankly did not have to happen.

  3. #83
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is he lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    The point here is that we have taken it upon ourselves to be judge and jury with a threadbare amount of information which could neither absolve nor convict anyone in any court of law. Discussing the issue of the "Stand Your Ground" law is probably fair enough, but to judge one's guilt or innocence even as toothlessly as on this forum is grounded in bias and ignorance alone, as evidenced by the usual suspects on either side lining up on the issue in typical knee-jerk fashion.
    I am soooooo tired of the media trying to turn this into the political debate on "stand your ground" since that has NOTHING to do with this and Zimmerman's lawyer has clearly stated that is not Zimmerman's defense or unique to Florida. That is just the national media doing contortions and deliberate distortions for political goals. Zimmerman's defense applies in every state. "Self Defense."
    It isn't a stand your ground issue. Zimmerman wasn't standing his ground. He was on the ground and Martin bashing his head into the concrete sidewalk.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is he lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I am soooooo tired of the media trying to turn this into the political debate on "stand your ground" since that has NOTHING to do with this and Zimmerman's lawyer has clearly stated that is not Zimmerman's defense or unique to Florida. That is just the national media doing contortions and deliberate distortions for political goals. Zimmerman's defense applies in every state. "Self Defense."
    It isn't a stand your ground issue. Zimmerman wasn't standing his ground. He was on the ground and Martin bashing his head into the concrete sidewalk.
    I think stand your ground law is to be questioned here. It does appear he didn't stand but followed. He got out of his car as I understand it and did more than watch. But, as has been said, they are investigating.

    As heard on the 911 tapes, Zimmerman got out of his car and began to follow Trayvon. At some point, he was told by the dispatcher that he did not need to follow the teen.
    Trayvon Punched, Slammed Zimmerman's Head: Cops | Reuters

    As some editorials have argued, the law may well lead to hot heads and the over zealous going too far.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #85
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Is he lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Yet, we have Zimmerman"s own words that he is following the kid. Zimmerman did not observe the kid on private property or harassing anyone. The kid was walking in the public street and tapes documented he had just been to the store and purchased candy.

    I have a kid that age ...that is skinny and gangly and likes to go to the store and get skittles. Zimmerman felt the kid was acting odd yet I view Zimmerman as acting really odd. He is not trained in law enforcement and had no reason whatsoever to brandish a lethal weapon at that kid.

    Honestly ...from a female standpoint ... that big dumb idiot guy sounds like a real pu$$y to have reached for his gun in light of the his own phone call and the facts ( Zimmerman could have defended himself easily with a kid weighing almost half of his own mass and Zimmerman was the one stalking and no witnesses that saw the supposed punch)

    My kid wears a hooded sweatshirt in spring weather ... if stalked by a guy that looked like Zimmerman he would be scared. If harassed enough or provoked he might throw a punch and he does not get in fights.

    Zimmerman deserves a fair trial ... yet the police are suspect in my opinion to simply have accepted Zimmerman's far out story.

    There needs to be a trial yet I suspect Zimmerman was not racist ... just a low self esteem idiot playing tough guy. The police ...? I do wonder if some racism was involved ... and the whole story of Zimmerman ... stinks.

    The media ... has reported new details and although I agree with media reporting from corporate networks is trash ... the parents had to get the media's attention in order to even have Zimmerman questioned.

    The police failed ... as they had no evidence and arrived to find the kid dead with no weapon and weighing almost half of Zimmerman's weight and knew that Zimmerman had followed the kid by his own admission to the 911 operator.

    Another thought ... I wondered if Zimmerman had serious mental health issues.

    Whatever happened ... no investigation? Get real ... if that were my kid I would have called every network I detest (Fox, MSNBC etc) and hired a private firm to investigate.


    There are witnesses that say Martin was attacking Zimmerman.Which if this is the case then Zimmerman had the right to use lethal force to defend himself. You can't judge someone's ability to fight based on the most innocent looking picture the alleged assailant's parents can find. I do not think the police oh yeah the guy shot is black, no big deal, charges dropped.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #86
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Is he lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    There's no doubt in my mind Zimmerman is responsable for the death of Trayvon. If but for Zimmerman, Martin would be alive.
    There's no doubt in my mind Trayvon is responsible for the death of Trayvon. If but for Trayvon, Trayvon would still be alive.
    I say that because there was nothing wrong with Zimmerman's actions of trying to keep Trayvon under observation until the police arrive.
    It simply isn't wrong or criminal to do.
    Doesn't matter if Trayvon didn't like it or was scared or anything.
    He is the one who acted wrongly first.

    Trayvon acting out violently is wrong and he is therefore responsible for his own death.

    This opinion subject to change if new evidence comes out that actually renders Zimmerman's statement void.



    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    There's a ton of conflicting evidence
    Actually there isn't. We may not have all of it, but we certainly have a conclusion that was originally reached from all the evidence.
    No evidence exists to contradict Zimmerman's statement.

  7. #87
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Is he lying?

    I suspect he is withholding lots of the truth and only leaking out what he feels favors him.

    In the end, he stuck his nose where it did not belong and now a kid is dead at his hand.

    from Excon

    There's no doubt in my mind Trayvon is responsible for the death of Trayvon. If but for Trayvon, Trayvon would still be alive.
    And it is your certainty which is so frightening.
    Last edited by haymarket; 03-27-12 at 01:19 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #88
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Is he lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I suspect he is withholding lots of the truth and only leaking out what he feels favors him.

    In the end, he stuck his nose where it did not belong and now a kid is dead at his hand.

    from Excon

    And it is your certainty which is so frightening.
    Absolutely agree. This is a real toughie, no doubt about it. It is very difficult not to see both sides here. I can't remember the last time I've been so conflicted on an issue. In the end, it's about proof that Zimmerman's accounting of events is incorrect. Without that proof, it's game-over.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #89
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Approved?! That's only slightly less ridiculous than the rest of the post unless you have some insider information not available to the rest of us.
    It was an auto correct by my phone. The kid was approached by the guy, got into a fight with him, and the guy killed him. These facts aren't disputed. Now, according to the FL stand your ground law, the kid had a right to defend himself from the person following him if he felt threatened. If the phone records are factual (which you seem to agree with) then Zimmer should be charged with at least manslaughter. I say manslauter because, given his actions, there doesn't seem to be an intent to kill the kid; however, there wouldn't have been an altercation had Zimmer not followed the kid or got out of hid car etc. If I was being followed for several blocks then I would feel threatened.

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is he lying?

    If lie detector tests are used routinely on TV shows from Steve Wilkos to Judge Ross, why not use one here?

    That way all the speculation can come to an end.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •