View Poll Results: Is Al Sharpton a racist

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    88 78.57%
  • No

    24 21.43%
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 358

Thread: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

  1. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    (1) I did not insult your intelligence? I pointed out you are misreading what people said, you were at that point the only one who seemed to have a problem. Yes I think you are a right wing hack, so what?



    (2) And you have the right wing media doing much the same, so what? what the media does not make anyone a racist.



    (3) I don't have to prove it. You have given us examples and Red has already pointed a few of em out, lol. Anyway you are right, this thread is not about you.
    (1) I'm NOT a right-wing hack. There's already thread I made about leaving the republican party, so enough with that nonsense. Well, you were talking in such a way to make me unsure exactly what you were meaning, and how it related.

    (2) It seems to me that more liberals play the race card thatn conservatives. You don't here stories from the right about the NAACP hearing racism in a birthday card, or racism in the thought of "White House," or how the right are racists for not supporting illegal immigration, etc.

    (3) I am not a partisan hack.

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Let's go over this again.



    As I pointed out, the fact that you did not vote for Herman Cain tells us precisely....NADA. Herman Cain dropped out of the race before the primaries even began. And frankly, his race-card playing was peanuts compared to his idiotic platforms, including "999" and "targeted identification."
    I was disinterested in voting for him, or potentially voting for him, because of his racial antics.

  3. #283
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neal N. Bloeme View Post
    I think it was from the same playbook used when Clarance Thomas was nominated. Like Cain said, it can't be proven, but it was in the bag and pulled out when needed. It worked. I think the sex scandal was what did him in, not the fact that he is black and the woman is white.
    Sure. And none of this contradicts the fact that both Cain and Thomas have historically used the race card. Frankly, I believe that even without the sexual allegations his campaign would have faltered sooner or later. The way he was going about his debates, people would have been turned off completely eventually.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  4. #284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    And yet the majority of your comments focus on liberals playing the race card and attempt to portray them as doing it more when conservatives do it just as much in the media.

    But none of this even matters because as SB said, you couldn't have voted for Cain in the primary because he wasn't running and since not voting him is your "proof", your "proof" is BS.
    Wouldn't have potentially voted for Cain because of it.

    I think more liberals play the race card than conservatives.

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I'm well aware that conservatives do it too.

    However, imhfo, liberals do it more often.
    based on....Youtube???

  6. #286
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    (1) I'm NOT a right-wing hack. There's already thread I made about leaving the republican party, so enough with that nonsense. Well, you were talking in such a way to make me unsure exactly what you were meaning, and how it related.

    (2) It seems to me that more liberals play the race card thatn conservatives. You don't here stories from the right about the NAACP hearing racism in a birthday card, or racism in the thought of "White House," or how the right are racists for not supporting illegal immigration, etc.

    (3) I am not a partisan hack.
    I'm not accusing you of being a hack here and I disagree with Blackdog that you're a hack, but leaving the Republican Party does not make you a non-hack, and being a Republican does not automatically make you a hack either.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 10:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,964

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    don't go there, friend.
    When you quote me, please quote my entire post. Thanks.

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neal N. Bloeme View Post
    When you quote me, please quote my entire post. Thanks.
    I don't have to. Sorry.

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I'm not accusing you of being a hack here and I disagree with Blackdog that you're a hack, but leaving the Republican Party does not make you a non-hack, and being a Republican does not automatically make you a hack either.
    When people accuse me of being a hack, I'm going to respond to it. I've been objective on my views from gay marriage to abortion. If someone is accused of something, give that person a chance to respond.

    I'm not a hack, neither right nor left. There. Done. If people want to take this further they know where to post it.

  10. #290
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I think that if you're going to ask a question for us to opine on you should list why you're asking that question.
    That is not a rquirement for posting a poll.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •