View Poll Results: Is Al Sharpton a racist

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    88 78.57%
  • No

    24 21.43%
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 358

Thread: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    It tells me that your actions are inconsistent with what you are saying here.
    Pardon?

    I just said/acknowledged there are conservatives that play the race card as well as liberals.

    Did you somehow not hear that?

  2. #272
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Wake. This thread isn't about you. Nobody gives a ****. Besides, Herman Cain dropped out of the race months before the Minnesota primary so you couldn't have voted for him even if you had wanted to (if my memory servers me correctly about you being from Minnesota).
    LOL, I didn't even think of that. Well, well.

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Nobody asked you who you voted for or wanted to vote for or didn't want to vote for.
    Look again. I was responding to this:

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Are you forgetting all the race card playing certain conservatives when Herman Cain was running? I guess so.
    If you think I'm not going to respond to such a smarmy comment, you're wrong. And if you think I'm "talking about myself" because I'm directly responding to a personal comment directed at me, you're wrong.

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Pardon?

    I just said/acknowledged there are conservatives that play the race card as well as liberals.

    Did you somehow not hear that?
    but you choose to only name Liberal/Progressive ones.

    that's called being a hypocrite.

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I agree, but we all know Thunder is a left leaning political hack, Redress may be left leaning but a hack he is not. We also have right leaning hacks like Apdst and crew, You seem to be painting with a huge brush that only includes liberals.
    I'm well aware that conservatives do it too.

    However, imhfo, liberals do it more often.

  6. #276
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    (1) When you start calling me a political hack, insult my intelligence, and whatnot, you're being rude.
    I did not insult your intelligence? I pointed out you are misreading what people said, you were at that point the only one who seemed to have a problem. Yes I think you are a right wing hack, so what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    (2) I KNOW some conservatives do it, but when you see on the media that there's an outrage when 5 white students attack a black student, yet practical silence when 5 black students attack a white student, there IS a major double-standard in this country.
    And you have the right wing media doing much the same, so what? what the media does not make anyone a racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    (3) Then you had better prove it, because I am not a partisan hack. And no, I'm not going to start a major argument to disprove your stupid accusation, because that would derail this thread.
    I don't have to prove it. You have given us examples and Red has already pointed a few of em out, lol. Anyway you are right, this thread is not about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    (4) It does happen on both sides of the aisle, but the media doesn't seem to acknowledge that, among other people.
    So what? Haters gonna hate, LMAO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #277
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Pardon?

    I just said/acknowledged there are conservatives that play the race card as well as liberals.

    Did you somehow not hear that?
    And yet the majority of your comments focus on liberals playing the race card and attempt to portray them as doing it more when conservatives do it just as much in the media.

    But none of this even matters because as SB said, you couldn't have voted for Cain in the primary because he wasn't running and since not voting him is your "proof", your "proof" is BS.

  8. #278
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I'm well aware that conservatives do it too.

    However, imhfo, liberals do it more often.
    And there's the rub... "In your opinion" so it does not mean much in the grand scheme of things now does it? I know plenty of liberals who will claim in their humble opinion the exact opposite.

    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 03-26-12 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #279
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    Let's go over this again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I didn't vote for Herman Cain precisely for doing that.

    What might that tell you, TPD?
    As I pointed out, the fact that you did not vote for Herman Cain tells us precisely....NADA. Herman Cain dropped out of the race before the primaries even began. And frankly, his race-card playing was peanuts compared to his idiotic platforms, including "999" and "targeted identification."
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 10:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,964

    Re: Is the Rev. Al Sharpton a racist?

    I think it was from the same playbook used when Clarance Thomas was nominated. Like Cain said, it can't be proven, but it was in the bag and pulled out when needed. It worked. I think the sex scandal was what did him in, not the fact that he is black and the woman is white.

    Are you familiar with the racist cartoons of Condi Rice? Google that and tell us if those are racist or not.

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •