View Poll Results: How Politically Correct Are You?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (all the way)

    0 0%
  • 9

    0 0%
  • 8

    3 6.38%
  • 7

    1 2.13%
  • 6

    5 10.64%
  • 5

    5 10.64%
  • 4

    5 10.64%
  • 3

    11 23.40%
  • 2

    6 12.77%
  • 1 (hardly)

    11 23.40%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 92

Thread: How Politically Correct Are You?

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: How Politically Correct Are You?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Is calling other people politically correct insulting, especially when they agree they are so? You yourself said that you were a three by a given definition. I provided another and suggested by that definition it would be significantly higher. I have a difficult time believing that assuming someone is PC based on their own admissions as well as other input into a thread such as this could be offensive to anyone.
    You made the assumption that, based on your definition, people would be a 10. I indicated that I was a 3... by a DIFFERENT definition. Your assumption was incorrect, as your definition did not apply to my assessment. That was you first error. Your second error is defining for someone else what their level is. That is not your place. Your third error, above, is assuming that my admission of being a 3 is offensive. It is not. YOUR accusation was attacking. You don't seem to understand this. I suppose that is your fourth error.

    Anyway, posters label one another as racists and bigots on a daily bases everywhere on these threads, but there seems to be selective sensitivity as concerns the label of PC.
    Labeling someone as PC is not the issue. The fact that you have not figured this out is your fifth error.

    Btw, mediocrity permeates this thread and this site. The word in itself is perhaps not politically correct, but then it should not be considered heresy, even at the alter of political correctness.
    This is nothing but your opinion. The fact that you present this as fact is your sixth error.

    You are really not doing very well.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: How Politically Correct Are You?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You made the assumption that, based on your definition, people would be a 10. I indicated that I was a 3... by a DIFFERENT definition. Your assumption was incorrect, as your definition did not apply to my assessment. That was you first error. Your second error is defining for someone else what their level is. That is not your place. Your third error, above, is assuming that my admission of being a 3 is offensive. It is not. YOUR accusation was attacking. You don't seem to understand this. I suppose that is your fourth error.



    Labeling someone as PC is not the issue. The fact that you have not figured this out is your fifth error.



    This is nothing but your opinion. The fact that you present this as fact is your sixth error.

    You are really not doing very well.
    It is indeed nothing but my opinion. Were you under the impression I was spreading gospel? I am certainly not that self-righteous, nor am I condescending enough to presume to lecture others on their multitude of "errors". Henceforth, I shall desist, not trusting myself to refrain from becoming decidedly politically incorrect and actually insulting you well beyond the implication of mediocrity.

    Ciao

  3. #53
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: How Politically Correct Are You?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    Politeness and political correctness are two different things completely!
    Could you define that difference?
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  4. #54
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: How Politically Correct Are You?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    It is indeed nothing but my opinion. Were you under the impression I was spreading gospel? I am certainly not that self-righteous, nor am I condescending enough to presume to lecture others on their multitude of "errors". Henceforth, I shall desist, not trusting myself to refrain from becoming decidedly politically incorrect and actually insulting you well beyond the implication of mediocrity.

    Ciao
    If you make an error, I'll point it out. Don't like it? Try not to make so many errors. Beyond that, it might be a good idea for you to work on how you communicate. If you say, "Btw, mediocrity permeates this thread and this site." you are communicating this in such a way as it is presented as fact. "IMO" is always a good way to start statements such as these. THAT way, you won't get confronted on making comments that are presented inaccurately. I always try to be helpful.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 03-24-12 at 05:39 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #55
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    U.S.
    Last Seen
    06-17-12 @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    415

    Re: How Politically Correct Are You?

    3

    I used to be PC, but now I've gotten rid of most of my Liberal undertones.

  6. #56
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    U.S.
    Last Seen
    06-17-12 @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    415

    Re: How Politically Correct Are You?

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    You need some negative numbers in order for me to vote.
    You go out of your way to offend minorities?

  7. #57
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,044

    Re: How Politically Correct Are You?

    i dont know but i try to avoid hurting the others even if i cant lie and act like a politician

  8. #58
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: How Politically Correct Are You?

    All of my political beliefs are correct so I vote 10

    On a relevant note: I would give myself about a 5. I don't believe in being disrespectful (and political correctness is a form of respect) but I don't believe in going overboard and making big deals out of nothing.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #59
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: How Politically Correct Are You?

    The best I can do on the PC front is practice "live and let live". If that is not good enough then I go to plan B which is "screw em if they cannot take a joke".

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: How Politically Correct Are You?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    If you make an error, I'll point it out. Don't like it? Try not to make so many errors. Beyond that, it might be a good idea for you to work on how you communicate. If you say, "Btw, mediocrity permeates this thread and this site." you are communicating this in such a way as it is presented as fact. "IMO" is always a good way to start statements such as these. THAT way, you won't get confronted on making comments that are presented inaccurately. I always try to be hlpful.
    We both know that your problem with me is that you cannot hold your own, thus the abuse of what might be considered power. Either way, it is Mikey Mouse, or try to get your sycophants to agree.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •