View Poll Results: Should women be allowed in combat roles in military?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    60 68.18%
  • No

    21 23.86%
  • IDK/other

    7 7.95%
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 423

Thread: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

  1. #71
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    So only straight white men should fight in the military? That doesn't seem like a good policy anymore.
    Hopefully that will be overturned when Hussein Obama is gone.........No there are already gay men fighting and doing a damn good job............Your point is?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #72
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Redress I don't even know a woman who weighs 164.......
    You should get out more then.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Right, when confronted with facts, and documented facts(not a survey, but a study by the CDC) at that, you just say you don't beleive it, prefering your own made up nonsense. Excellent debate tactic, wonder how it will work for you.
    I see the people every day Redress, they don't fit your references....sorry
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Hopefully that will be overturned when Hussein Obama is gone.........No there are already gay men fighting and doing a damn good job............Your point is?
    My point is things change. That's life.

  5. #75
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I see the people every day Redress, they don't fit your references....sorry
    I wonder how accurate your calibrated eye is...........sorry.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You should get out more then.
    well my brother in law wife was in the hospital this week so I was there every day and yesterday was my 46th wedding anniversary and I was at the Navy Exchange at Bangor so I do get out and around and your stats are garbage especially that the average woman weighs 164 lbs..

    Oh and I used 6'2" because that is what I am........Only 195 in weight though.....Been working out a lot.....use to be 210
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #77
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    NP, I also find your "averages" to be way off. Why don't you actually look some information up before making BS assertions that act to bolster your argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    .They get pregnant to often and have to leave the ship without a replacement . The average age of a sailor on a navy combatant is 19 years.....The juices are running and men and women get together and have sex.
    Are you saying it is the women's fault for having sex? They would not even have to make separate showering facilities if everyone would grow up. We've all seen it before, why can't people keep themselves controlled?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    - I'm a little worried about the way men act when women are around. Considering the amount of testosterone filled chest beating that goes around in the infantry, I find that more often than not, they start acting dumb as s*** when females are around, it can be very distracting. This however is obviously a problem with men, not women, and I think in the end it may work out anyway.

    - As far as the army's current policy, women can't be in the field longer than 3 days without a shower due to feminine hygiene issues. I have no idea about any of that, can anyone shed any light on that for me? We went weeks without showers walking up and down mountains, and even we had major hygiene issues because of it. Most of the deployment we used water bottles poured over our heads as a shower. If it would be damaging because of a woman's physiology to go through that, I would say maybe just have them be in combat situations where hygiene can be maintained at reasonable intervals.
    This has probably always been a BS excuse along, but especially now that we have disinfectant wipes and other items that can substitute for a soap and water cleansing. This brings to mind a question I often ask myself regarding a lot of issues -- what did they do in the "old days".

    This is also a very good example of how things change dues to changing times and circumstances. During prairie days women were not expected to work the fields, but then when their husband and sons died they were forced to and did a fine job. Another example is Rosie the Riveter. During WWII too many men were off to war and there was no one left to build the weaponry or take other manufacturing jobs. At the time it was thought that women could not "handle" these types of position, but we sure showed them!

    What about construction jobs, astronauts, race car drivers and pilots?

    Before someone again says "but what if it came down to hand to hand combat?", I don't care who has my back, as long as they can deliver the goods to where it hurts. Plus -- with modern warfare how often does it come down to that?
    Last edited by taxigirl; 03-17-12 at 09:00 PM.

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  8. #78
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Horse**** I don't care what your survey says I see them every day and a lot of Navy women barely make 5' 110 lbs and most men are at least 6'..........

    LMAO
    Your ignorance is hilarious!!!!
    I love when people present FACTS to you, you just cry and say not true

    your dishonesty knows no bounds!

    Weird I find it hard to encounter TWO women in a day 5 foot or less and you are claiming the majority arent even 5 foot, your dishonesty knows no bounds. Luckily people arent stupid enough to believe your unsupported illogical nonsense LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #79
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I wonder how accurate your calibrated eye is...........sorry.
    Probably not very good but I can tell the difference between 5'4" and 5'
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #80
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    LMAO
    Your ignorance is hilarious!!!!
    I love when people present FACTS to you, you just cry and say not true

    your dishonesty knows no bounds!

    Weird I find it hard to encounter TWO women in a day 5 foot or less and you are claiming the majority arent even 5 foot, your dishonesty knows no bounds. Luckily people arent stupid enough to believe your unsupported illogical nonsense LMAO
    You really can't be from Pittsburgh........... You ever been in combat?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •