View Poll Results: Should women be allowed in combat roles in military?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    60 68.18%
  • No

    21 23.86%
  • IDK/other

    7 7.95%
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 423

Thread: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

  1. #411
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    rap videos.

    you are attempting to argue that women should serve in combat units based off of the Wu Tang Clan and rap videos.



    news flash for you: the military is not just learning about guerrilla warfare. we've been doing it for some time now.

    perhaps I can suggest some light reading for you:

    Newsflash: how long they been working on the urban style. I was experiencing it in the early 60 sixties. Granted they werent using assualt weapons. But a 357 or a sawed-off stepping out from behind you pretty much ended the story. Worse if it was some chick that blew someones buddy away.

    Oh and I don't have to use rap. I can use just about any type of music to bring whatever point home that I want to. Especially when it comes to the diss and those that like to bring that affront or aflfiction.

    As in real world. I have NP standing up front and center. Such is the same for me in any world. Despite all visual perceptions.



    I would recommend the Art of Darkness: Deception and Urban Operations. It might help you to get past the pawn mentality.

    As to the issue of women.....no the point is, they are human and can fight. Whether forced into combat or volunterring for it. Always could, always did, and always will!

  2. #412
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    no, no, that's fine. once you've descended to utilizing this line of evidence as all that is left for you, I would prefer you to continue to make your argument unimpeded.

  3. #413
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    no, no, that's fine. once you've descended to utilizing this line of evidence as all that is left for you, I would prefer you to continue to make your argument unimpeded.
    I was pretty much done with what I had to say. As far as descending. I don't mind stepping back down, in the levels of those Games People Play......keeps me in my youth.

  4. #414
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    alright. so off the top of your head what do you think, for example, the kill ratio's were in the Battle of Fallujah?

    Give you a hint: it was greater than 20 - to - 1 in favor of disciplined soldier style forces who were taking on warrior style forces that were defending an urban environment on their own home turf.

    once again, units of "soldiers" wipe out units of "warriors". Despite the fact that they were outnumbered in the assault.

  5. #415
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    I'm conflicted on posting on this thread. Oh well.
    I spent a little more than 8 months working with a woman that was a peer in duty responsibilities while I was in the USAF, '72. This was after I returned from SEA and before release. After a short time in the job I was 18 semester hours at a jr. college. This forced the NCOIC to put me on permanent swing shift. She and I had no problem working together. So the NCOIC of the shop put us both on permanent swing shift because of this. All others, men, rotated shifts. I would have no problem if we had a combat roll together and she could do the tasks required. But, most of the other men in my duty section had a problem working with her in out 'safe' environment. That is why the NCOIC put her with me on my permanent swing shift. If we had a combat roll this wouldn't work. Not because of the woman but because of the men.

  6. #416
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    alright. so off the top of your head what do you think, for example, the kill ratio's were in the Battle of Fallujah?

    Give you a hint: it was greater than 20 - to - 1 in favor of disciplined soldier style forces who were taking on warrior style forces that were defending an urban environment on their own home turf.

    once again, units of "soldiers" wipe out units of "warriors". Despite the fact that they were outnumbered in the assault.
    I answered your questions. You can disagree. But Gurerilla warfare has shown you the way. So what happened to, Why do women make the Best Assassins. Or were you letting that slip on by you. Is an Assasin a Warrior? You're in Japan look into some of that Japanese History. What is your take on the Ninja or better yet, Amida Tong? Which isn't Japanese.

  7. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Santorum says no, they should be banned. So do many other Republicans. What say you?
    I think women should be given the same opportunity if they can pass all the physical and mental endurance requirements and have the temperament for combat.

    I am sure there are women who could and would ... honestly though as a female I doubt the majority of women could do so. I apologize to my female comrads that i piss off with this opinion yet it is well considered and simply imho.
    Last edited by Turin; 03-28-12 at 01:24 AM.

  8. #418
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I answered your questions. You can disagree. But Gurerilla warfare has shown you the way.
    what we have learned of Guerrilla warfare simply reinforces the lessons I and others have drawn out for you here - disciplined men acting as units rather than individuals dominate the battlefield, and are capable of defeating larger numbers of individuals.

    So what happened to, Why do women make the Best Assassins. Or were you letting that slip on by you
    1. I have yet to see it demonstrated.
    2. If it was demonstrated, it would have zero impact on whether or not we want to have them in our combat units.

    Is an Assasin a Warrior?
    not if they are good at their job. Warriors are generally fighting people who fight back. They tend to seek out conflict as a way of proving themselves. Good assassins, in contrast are long gone before it is realized that they were there. Which is why they are generally regarded as cowards by more standard forces .

    You're in Japan look into some of that Japanese History. What is your take on the Ninja or better yet, Amida Tong? Which isn't Japanese.
    oh I've done my reading on the Shugo Daimyo Period .
    Last edited by cpwill; 03-28-12 at 02:27 AM.

  9. #419
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I think women should be given the same opportunity if they can pass all the physical and mental endurance requirements and have the temperament for combat.

    I am sure there are women who could and would ... honestly though as a female I doubt the majority of women could do so. I apologize to my female comrads that i piss off with this opinion yet it is well considered and simply imho.
    if combat were an individual sport, I would tend to agree with you. but combat is a team sport; and individual abilities are irrelevant except inasmuch as they benefit or harm the team.

  10. #420
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    If we're talking about running a Bradley's guns or operating a combat drone or driving a tank, sure.

    Infantry is a different ballgame. It isn't just a matter of being a good shot.

    Infantry's #1 job description is "must be able to suffer great physical/environmental hardships and remain functional", followed by "must be able to hump ungodly amounts of gear across terrain goats would consider rough".

    Not all healthy young men qualify for infantry, either.

    Some women can qual #1, but far fewer can qual #2. As far as I'm concerned those who CAN should be able to be in those units... but if everyone in Company C is expected to be able to hump 108 pounds of gear afoot across mountainous terrain, I can see a problem if a woman is allowed in the unit and the most she can hump is 65 lbs. Means someone else has to carry nearly half her gear.... that would be a problem.

    Women in combat, yes....but only if they meet the same standards for that particular unit type as the men. JMO.
    Really soldiers are walking miles in the desert in Iraq carrying loads of gear?

    Why don't they use the hummer? That's what we got them for.

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •