View Poll Results: Should women be allowed in combat roles in military?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    60 68.18%
  • No

    21 23.86%
  • IDK/other

    7 7.95%
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 423

Thread: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

  1. #401
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    actually you were quoting me, there, MMC claimed he was a "grunt", which surprised me since his descriptions of combat thus far indicate someone with approximately zero practical experience either in wartime or in training of what "combat" looks like. It does sound like what people who play first-person-shooters and watch sci-fi channel shows where the obligatory "female security character" can flip 200+ lb bad guys around because she's such a bada-- think combat is like.



    indeed - even more so.
    most females can lift 200+ pounds through a firemans carry,though most people fail horribly at it.the firemans carry is designed to use abdominal back shoulder and chest muscles all together to lift someone,even i can carry a 500 hundred pound guy with a firemans carry.

    the big problem is normal gear carry,gear isnt distrubuted through a perfectly balanced system,most women cant handle a combat load,mostly because they never have had to.just like someone who doesnt get a job and lives on welfare,if you dont have to meet a standard why do it.women go through the same thing,in the army the female standard is nearly to walk in the door and anounce im here to pass,those standards cannot train a female to pass combat.90% of females arent going to meet a combat standard they dont have to,so putting females through combat will require eliminating a double standard and enacting a pt test similiar to the armies new one that focuses on combat stress and load rather than whos fit enough to run.also such a test would fail if females got a double standard like they have previously in the army.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  2. #402
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So what? Has nothing at all to do with my comments or the evidence. In the end they also quickly removed them from combat duty as soon as they could as did the Israelis.
    They removed them from combat duty, after the war ended. Not because they weren't technically and tactically proficient.

    Some of the top scoring fighter pilots and snipers were women, not to mention one of the toughest squadrons in the Soviet air force was 46th Night Bomber Regiment, AKA "The Night Witches"; a handle given to them by the Germans, so obviously they were kicking some ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #403
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They removed them from combat duty, after the war ended. Not because they weren't technically and tactically proficient.
    Then why did they remove them? They have not been put back in to this day. The Israelis went as far to call it a mistake to allow women in ground combat rolls? Why Apdst? If you had actually looked at what we were discussing you would know this.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Some of the top scoring fighter pilots and snipers were women, not to mention one of the toughest squadrons in the Soviet air force was 46th Night Bomber Regiment, AKA "The Night Witches"; a handle given to them by the Germans, so obviously they were kicking some ass.
    Again this has nothing to do with my post or even my opinion. I have no issue with females serving in combat zones, as pilots or on ships. You mite want to catch up on what we are actually talking about instead of knee jerking on a completely irrelevant subject.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 03-26-12 at 12:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #404
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    that is utter crap, and the best example I can think of to demonstrate otherwise is the night drops of the air-borne units into Normandy. Dropped miles away from their organic units and further miles away from their assigned objectives with no obvious chain of command in site, in pitch darkness, surrounded by superior organized forces, if ever there was a time and a place when The Rise Of Ever Man For Himself would have led everyone to become a "Call of Duty" character, that was it.

    INSTEAD they responded to their training, formed ad-hoc "little groups of paratroopers", reestablished all the command they could, with Corporals and Sergeants taking charge, and went out to create utter havoc. They performed far above expectations and managed to keep their casualties far below pre-drop estimations because they were disciplined soldiers who did not break apart in the face of chaos.

    because they were soldiers.

    historically, when armies have broken down into "every man for themselves" is usually about 30 seconds before they get massacred.



    yes. and I have worked with and know Rangers, Recon, SEALs, and Special Forces. not because I'm some kind of bad-ass (I decided right after SOI that my level of motivation had limits), but because I have had friends who are, and been at the right place and time to work with others. They train as a team and they do it obsessively, because hard-won experience has demonstrated to them again and again that your Individual Warrior Duking It Out Rambo Style image is utter crap.



    As Blackdog points out, the Israelis and the Russians both realized that it was a problem and pulled them out. As I have pointed out to you, both only put them in in times of extreme duress when there was nobody else to throw in the line.



    what a fascinating claim. perhaps you can provide some details, because you sound like a kid who plays video games.



    yeah. Boadicea, for example, led a horde of warriors against Roman Soldiers. how did she do, again?


    oh yeah. the Romans were outnumbered more than ten to one, and yet they utterly massacred all those "warriors". Tacitus records 400 Roman fatalities measured against nearly 80,000 Britons.
    Then you kow what Sua Sponte is all about!

    Normandy.....they were not having to deal with Guerilla Units with the Drop. Nor did they have to face any elite warriors out hunting for them. (meaning our guys). Still takes a warrior mentality within the soldier. Which with Normandy we had whole units sitting out and getting picked up by officers along the way. Just to get them back into the fight.

    The Israelis went with Women being in a niche with technology. Specialized! Just like the Koreans did.

    As for a kid playing video games bro, you can save that shiznit from whatever little part of suburbia America you come from......I was shot 4 times before I ever joined Uncle Sams gang, That would be The Gang Module. No vests, no armor. anything goes total chaos, guerilla warfare in what the US military is just learning about.(That would be for block by block, building by building, one against the many in urban warfare.) Let me clue you in. I was shot the first time when I was 9. I was part of one of the most lethal gang organizations in the Country. Straight out of Chicago. Where as all those East Coast and West Coast wanna-bes must drop their flags running round here.
    Amazing that sheep think that the only warring going on with the US is by the US Military. Good thing the media keeps half of it under wraps. Wouldn't want to worry Urban populations to a state a panic.

    Still havent figured out how whole squads can be taken 0ut by one man yet? All soldiers trained to do what they do. How come they fail.....to this reality? Including Elite Soldiers. yeah I know you didn't think about it when you were all up into those feelings. Which just goes to show as you deflected off to the soldier argument. Is an Assassin a soldier or a Warrior? Why do women make the best assassin?

    All this useless arguing about women being in combat. Can a woman fight? Are fighter pilots ground troops? What do they become after they are grounded behind enemy lines? Or even on the front lines. Thats right an enemy combatant on the ground. I have seen men who could not carry another man. Without their equipment on. Can man handle the greater amount of pain than a woman can? That would be pain of the inner nature. When you get done having a kid then you can explain it to me.

    Boudica.....I noticed you didn't use the germanic tribes with your analogy to the Romans. Nor did you bring up Hannibal and the Carthaginians. Or the Parthians. Ever here of Tourburg. (sp) Notice all those Romans outnumbering the enemy by the thousands. Boudica didn't use guerialla warfare. Hannibal did! As well as specialized warriors.



    In War.....it's common to let the pawns go first!
    Last edited by MMC; 03-26-12 at 01:34 PM.

  5. #405
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    What part of "the Israelis pulled women out of combat and said it was a mistake" are you not understanding? The Russians also followed suit. Then the best laugh is you want to use North Korea as an example? The same country that is starving it's own people?



    You were "warring?" Is that even a word? And what the hell does a 6 year old picking up a gun have to do with anything? That is just insane disconnected rambling.



    "A shieldmaiden was a woman who had chosen to fight as a warrior in Scandinavian folklore and mythology." - Shieldmaiden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



    You mean Joan of Arc? Who carried a banner into battle on horseback rather than a sword because she did not want to hurt anyone? They were inspired by her because they thought she was a saint. Not because she was a warrior or soldier.

    You are going to have to do way better than that.
    First off it's the South Koreans, or did you forget that on purpose. Both Israelis and S. Korea went to a niche with specialized training. Meaning comes along with technology.

    Thats right I was warring. I take it you have been out in the sticks sometime.....right? Inane rambling that was a fact. Look if you don't understand something, don't be afraid to ask.

    No I didn't mean Joan of Arc.....I meant Fu Hao-Queen Consort/Warrior to King Wu Ding. Shang Dynasty! His #1 General who was ruthless.

    Wu Zetian would become a Chinese Emperor.

    Moreover Wing Chun a hard form style of Kung Fu was created by a Woman. That would be the style that IPMAN and Lee learned. In fighting, up close and personal.

  6. #406
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    First off it's the South Koreans, or did you forget that on purpose. Both Israelis and S. Korea went to a niche with specialized training. Meaning comes along with technology.
    Actually no they diffident. Israel removed females from ground combat units and you can keep ignoring that. On top of that they said it was a mistake to ever do it. You can keep ignoring that as well. South Korea is adding women for a completely different reason...

    The main mission of the South's 650,000-strong armed forces is to deter any attack from North Korea's 1.2 million-strong military, but they also serve in United Nations peacekeeping missions.

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Thats right I was warring. I take it you have been out in the sticks sometime.....right? Inane rambling that was a fact. Look if you don't understand something, don't be afraid to ask.
    I grew up on the South Side of Chicago, 704 East 92nd place, went to Burnside. I know you are just some high school aged troll because no one is that stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    No I didn't mean Joan of Arc.....I meant Fu Hao-Queen Consort/Warrior to King Wu Ding. Shang Dynasty! His #1 General who was ruthless.

    Wu Zetian would become a Chinese Emperor.
    It's funny. She was a general and no place does it say anything about here skills in combat, nothing. It does mention she died of fatigue which falls right in line with what the study's say. This thread is not about the ability of women to lead or be officers. It's about females in ground combat units, period.

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Moreover Wing Chun a hard form style of Kung Fu was created by a Woman. That would be the style that IPMAN and Lee learned. In fighting, up close and personal.
    And this is relevant to women in ground combat units how?

    I think we are done here. I can only take so many strawman fallacy's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #407
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Actually no they diffident. Israel removed females from ground combat units and you can keep ignoring that. On top of that they said it was a mistake to ever do it. You can keep ignoring that as well. South Korea is adding women for a completely different reason...

    The main mission of the South's 650,000-strong armed forces is to deter any attack from North Korea's 1.2 million-strong military, but they also serve in United Nations peacekeeping missions.



    I grew up on the South Side of Chicago, 704 East 92nd place, went to Burnside. I know you are just some high school aged troll because no one is that stupid.



    It's funny. She was a general and no place does it say anything about here skills in combat, nothing. It does mention she died of fatigue which falls right in line with what the study's say. This thread is not about the ability of women to lead or be officers. It's about females in ground combat units, period.



    And this is relevant to women in ground combat units how?

    I think we are done here. I can only take so many strawman fallacy's.
    Really.....I grew up on a 115th and Kensington and was round when the race riots were jumping off. I take it you should remember Calumet Park. Save the bs with the little kiddie shiznit. I am 61 and a survivor of the time period. Later I would move to the East Side. 104th in L. From South Daring to 26th California. Care to try again. You should know the turf right off the top of your head then and who I am talking about specifically. So much for your lack of knowledge before you moved to the sticks.

    As for your deflection on the strawman argument. Truthfully I cannot help it that you do not know how to read. The title of the Thread is.....Should Women be allowed in Combat roles in the Military. No one said anything about on the ground specifically.



    Next time I would recommend you Concentrate.....First, before coming at me with all that touchy feely stuff!

  8. #408
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Really.....I grew up on a 115th and Kensington and was round when the race riots were jumping off. I take it you should remember Calumet Park. Save the bs with the little kiddie shiznit. I am 61 and a survivor of the time period. Later I would move to the East Side. 104th in L. From South Daring to 26th California. Care to try again. You should know the turf right off the top of your head then and who I am talking about specifically. So much for your lack of knowledge before you moved to the sticks.
    Don't think so. Anyone could list that **** from a quick search on the internet. Sorry you come off like a teenage troll. So I am going to run with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    As for your deflection on the strawman argument. Truthfully I cannot help it that you do not know how to read. The title of the Thread is.....Should Women be allowed in Combat roles in the Military. No one said anything about on the ground specifically.
    Does not make your statements any less crap that has little to do with females in combat. Hell you listed mythology as fact. And you say I can't read. LMAO!

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post


    Next time I would recommend you Concentrate.....First, before coming at me with all that touchy feely stuff!
    Next time I would say have a legitimate argument with some evidence. You mite not come off looking like well, you know.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 03-26-12 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #409
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Don't think so. Anyone could list that **** from a quick search on the internet. Sorry you come off like a teenage troll. So I am going to run with it.



    Does not make your statements any less crap that has little to do with females in combat. Hell you listed mythology as fact. And you say I can't read. LMAO!



    Next time I would say have a legitimate argument with some evidence. You mite not come off looking like well, you know.
    Right they could get that off the internet. Not with those neighborhoods and who I was talking about. They can probably find that those neighborhoods exist. But not who was dominating that scene. But thats alright you run with it......seems you are good at that. The Running thingy. Just not so good at the diss.....huh? Hence your ...... so called retort.



    Thats alright......what U talkin bout. It Ain't Nothin. Kinda like that name that carries no weight.

  10. #410
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    rap videos.

    you are attempting to argue that women should serve in combat units based off of the Wu Tang Clan and rap videos.



    news flash for you: the military is not just learning about guerrilla warfare. we've been doing it for some time now.

    perhaps I can suggest some light reading for you:


Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •