View Poll Results: Should women be allowed in combat roles in military?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    60 68.18%
  • No

    21 23.86%
  • IDK/other

    7 7.95%
Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 423

Thread: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

  1. #361
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Of course they've changed. All things change. But if we changed our mindset, they might change even more.
    Please point out how they have changed as far as the physical job goes? I mean I was in the military but what the hell do I know, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #362
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Please point out how they have changed as far as the physical job goes? I mean I was in the military but what the hell do I know, lol.
    Changes 1960-1995

    The evolution of the Infantry after 1960 followed the general evolution of the Army.

    Starts step by step the rearrangement of Infantry Units with the entry of new material and means aiming at the confrontation of existing threat and achieve the creation of an Army of quality and no quantity.
    In the last decade, a number of Infantry Battalions, Regiments and Divisions have been mechanized. The today’s picture of the Infantry Units shows that the Infantry is being modernized and steadily marches in the creation of an Arm capable to manage the modern threats wherever they emanate (ensuring the national space – asymmetrical threats) and provide successful subscription in Peace Support Operations with EU and NATO Forces.

    HISTORIC EVOLUTION OF THE INFANTRY

    "Arms and equipment including gun systems in the Indian artillery are available in adequate quantity,” said Anthony. “[However] modernisation of artillery, which entails replacement of the equipment of older technology, is an on-going process and is being given priority to ensure that the artillery remains equipped with modern weapons systems," he said.

    http://www.ateneadigital.es/revistaa...mento_1173.pdf

    Everything changes. That which does not change is dead.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #363
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Changes 1960-1995

    The evolution of the Infantry after 1960 followed the general evolution of the Army.

    Starts step by step the rearrangement of Infantry Units with the entry of new material and means aiming at the confrontation of existing threat and achieve the creation of an Army of quality and no quantity.
    In the last decade, a number of Infantry Battalions, Regiments and Divisions have been mechanized. The today’s picture of the Infantry Units shows that the Infantry is being modernized and steadily marches in the creation of an Arm capable to manage the modern threats wherever they emanate (ensuring the national space – asymmetrical threats) and provide successful subscription in Peace Support Operations with EU and NATO Forces.

    HISTORIC EVOLUTION OF THE INFANTRY

    "Arms and equipment including gun systems in the Indian artillery are available in adequate quantity,” said Anthony. “[However] modernisation of artillery, which entails replacement of the equipment of older technology, is an on-going process and is being given priority to ensure that the artillery remains equipped with modern weapons systems," he said.

    http://www.ateneadigital.es/revistaa...mento_1173.pdf

    Everything changes. That which does not change is dead.
    That has literally nothing to do with the physical requirements. As I said THEY HAVE NOT CHANGED. THEY ARE THE SAME. ARITALLY SHELLS ARE STILL HEAVY, INFANTRY STILL HAS TO HUMP GEAR AND BE ABLE TO PREFORM.

    What part of "Physical" did you misunderstand?

    Like I said your argument has nothing to do with the real world. You have no clue, none. So with that enjoy your world of bunnies and little faeries flying around because it does not work here in reality.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 03-23-12 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #364
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    I took my wife shopping at the Commissary Store at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard this morning......While I was waiting for her I struck up a conversation with a Senior Chief Machinist Mate of the USS RONALD REAGAN who is in the shipyard for an overhaul....Well the topic came up about women at sea or in combat.......The first thing he asked me is are you NCIS....I assured him I was not and told him I was a retired navy chief and I actually told him about DP and this thread........He asked to see my ID, I was shocked but I showed him...He said you can't be to careful these days...I told him we never had that problem when I served.

    He then said to me do you want the official or unofficial version? I told him both........He then told me that he did not know much about women in physical combat but as far as women aboard ship officially its a roaring success.....Women are doing everything a man can do.......He said that was the PC answer to the question.........He then said unofficially its been a total disaster.......Fraternizing and pregnancies are out of control.........He said both sexes are responsible...He said most women do not want to serve aboard ship and go to sea for long periods of time so a lot of them try and get pregnant so they can be transfered ashore without replacement in most cases. He said if asked off the record almost every case every Chief that has females under him would say the same thing.

    He said he would never repeat any of this officially because it would destroy his military career.......His wife showed up with the groceries then so he had to go........I asked him one more question...........Where do you stand politically? He said he was a moderate who voted for Hussein obama in 2007 and that would never happen again.....I thanked him for his service. He thanked me and went on his way....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #365
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I took my wife shopping at the Commissary Store at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard this morning......While I was waiting for her I struck up a conversation with a Senior Chief Machinist Mate of the USS RONALD REAGAN who is in the shipyard for an overhaul....Well the topic came up about women at sea or in combat.......The first thing he asked me is are you NCIS....I assured him I was not and told him I was a retired navy chief and I actually told him about DP and this thread........He asked to see my ID, I was shocked but I showed him...He said you can't be to careful these days...I told him we never had that problem when I served.

    He then said to me do you want the official or unofficial version? I told him both........He then told me that he did not know much about women in physical combat but as far as women aboard ship officially its a roaring success.....Women are doing everything a man can do.......He said that was the PC answer to the question.........He then said unofficially its been a total disaster.......Fraternizing and pregnancies are out of control.........He said both sexes are responsible...He said most women do not want to serve aboard ship and go to sea for long periods of time so a lot of them try and get pregnant so they can be transfered ashore without replacement in most cases. He said if asked off the record almost every case every Chief that has females under him would say the same thing.

    He said he would never repeat any of this officially because it would destroy his military career.......His wife showed up with the groceries then so he had to go........I asked him one more question...........Where do you stand politically? He said he was a moderate who voted for Hussein obama in 2007 and that would never happen again.....I thanked him for his service. He thanked me and went on his way....
    cool story. did you just make it up?

  6. #366
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That has literally nothing to do with the physical requirements. As I said THEY HAVE NOT CHANGED. THEY ARE THE SAME. ARITALLY SHELLS ARE STILL HEAVY, INFANTRY STILL HAS TO HUMP GEAR AND BE ABLE TO PREFORM.

    What part of "Physical" did you misunderstand?

    Like I said your argument has nothing to do with the real world. You have no clue, none. So with that enjoy your world of bunnies and little faeries flying around because it does not work here in reality.
    You might notice that I didn't say physical requirements. Read it again. The first part sets up the second part. It is best to read all sentences together. They work off each other.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #367
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You might notice that I didn't say physical requirements.
    I did, whole bases of my argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Read it again. The first part sets up the second part. It is best to read all sentences together. They work off each other.
    Like I said your argument has nothing to do with the real world. You have no clue, none. So with that enjoy your world of bunnies and little faeries flying around because it does not work here in reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #368
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Blackdog-
    what did you do in the military? I ask because I was a grunt, both light and mech so I have quite a bit of first hand experience on what you seem to only be able to refer to as second hand information. The longest forced march I ever did was 20 miles a day for 4 days with a day in the trucks. That was 3/60th 2Bde 9th Inf. We were not REMFs, long marches with all we owned on our backs was a way of life in the light infantry.

    It kicked our 4th POC !!! I damn sure wouldn't have made 50 mile marches under a full load. Interesting there are people out there who think it is possible to march 50 miles under ruck and still be able fight anyone.

    I did a stint in the 8"SPs as well, wish to discuss the strength needed for FOUR of us working together to lift and carry those projo's???

    Now about all those slatterns in the navy. I call it the old f*rt syndrome. Don't like change, things were better/tougher/manlier back in the day. This new crap sucks.

    So lets look at the Chief's claims... approx 15% of the Squids are female and approx 11% are single moms. So according to the Navy females are a small percentage of the total force with single moms a tiny fraction of that! So those few non lesbian females must be on their back the entire cruise!

  9. #369
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I took my wife shopping at the Commissary Store at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard this morning......While I was waiting for her I struck up a conversation with a Senior Chief Machinist Mate of the USS RONALD REAGAN who is in the shipyard for an overhaul....Well the topic came up about women at sea or in combat.......The first thing he asked me is are you NCIS....I assured him I was not and told him I was a retired navy chief and I actually told him about DP and this thread........He asked to see my ID, I was shocked but I showed him...He said you can't be to careful these days...I told him we never had that problem when I served.

    He then said to me do you want the official or unofficial version? I told him both........He then told me that he did not know much about women in physical combat but as far as women aboard ship officially its a roaring success.....Women are doing everything a man can do.......He said that was the PC answer to the question.........He then said unofficially its been a total disaster.......Fraternizing and pregnancies are out of control.........He said both sexes are responsible...He said most women do not want to serve aboard ship and go to sea for long periods of time so a lot of them try and get pregnant so they can be transfered ashore without replacement in most cases. He said if asked off the record almost every case every Chief that has females under him would say the same thing.

    He said he would never repeat any of this officially because it would destroy his military career.......His wife showed up with the groceries then so he had to go........I asked him one more question...........Where do you stand politically? He said he was a moderate who voted for Hussein obama in 2007 and that would never happen again.....I thanked him for his service. He thanked me and went on his way....
    And we see what we want to see.

    I was on one of those ships too NP. Remember? I've told you many times that guys tend to see one or two women out of 50 getting pregnant (and not necessarily on purpose) as some sort of proof that all or most try to get pregnant to get off the ship or out of deployment. It is plain BS. Maybe some do get pregnant to get out of deployment, just like those guys who smoke pot or try to get injured to get out of deployment. But most women would never consider getting pregnant, particularly if they are single, just to get out of deployment.

    Both sexes have the ****bags who don't want to do their jobs. Doesn't mean that some or even most women do or even try to do something that will get them out of deployment.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #370
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Blackdog-
    what did you do in the military? I ask because I was a grunt, both light and mech so I have quite a bit of first hand experience on what you seem to only be able to refer to as second hand information. The longest forced march I ever did was 20 miles a day for 4 days with a day in the trucks. That was 3/60th 2Bde 9th Inf. We were not REMFs, long marches with all we owned on our backs was a way of life in the light infantry.
    I was in armor and air defense artillery, so the only forced marches we did were in basic training. Those were around 20 miles up Misery and Agony at Fort Knox. I know for a fact that a woman could not handle loading even the 105mm we had let alone the bigger and heavier 120mm shells they use now. I also know even I had trouble with the (at the time) stinger being quite heavy as the missile alone was over 20lbs, the trigger was another 10ibs at 35+ pounds of dead weight all told the thing was hefty and I was in peak condition at 180lbs. So again they just don't have the endurance or upper body strength to do it. Of course women using steroids would be able to, look at the female weight lifters and body builders, but that is a whole different can of worms.

    The problem is anecdotal evidence means nothing, as you can see people have completely different experiences.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    It kicked our 4th POC !!! I damn sure wouldn't have made 50 mile marches under a full load. Interesting there are people out there who think it is possible to march 50 miles under ruck and still be able fight anyone.

    I did a stint in the 8"SPs as well, wish to discuss the strength needed for FOUR of us working together to lift and carry those projo's???
    I am going buy the evidence as presented by other modern military's.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Now about all those slatterns in the navy. I call it the old f*rt syndrome. Don't like change, things were better/tougher/manlier back in the day. This new crap sucks.

    So lets look at the Chief's claims... approx 15% of the Squids are female and approx 11% are single moms. So according to the Navy females are a small percentage of the total force with single moms a tiny fraction of that! So those few non lesbian females must be on their back the entire cruise!
    Again anecdotal evidence counts for nothing except a good story, lol.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 03-23-12 at 10:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •