View Poll Results: Should women be allowed in combat roles in military?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    60 68.18%
  • No

    21 23.86%
  • IDK/other

    7 7.95%
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 423

Thread: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

  1. #341
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    The studies do not say they are unfit for or barred from duty in combat zones etc. They state women should not be in ground combat units like infantry, armor and artillery. I agree they should not be in ground combat units. Here is an excerpt...

    In compiling the study for review by the Chiefs of Staff, British Army officials gathered information from several other countries with gender-integrated armed forces, and carried out tests of physical capabilities in Wales. According to the London Sunday Times, June 24, 2001, the women performed comparatively poorly in physical tasks:
    In a test requiring soldiers to carry 90 lbs. of artillery shells over measured distances, the male failure rate was 20%. The female failure rate was 70%.
    In a 12.5-mile route march carrying 60 lbs. of equipment, followed by target practice simulating conditions under fire, men failed in 17% of cases. Women failed in 48%.
    Females were generally slower in simulated combat exercises involving lengthy "fire and move" situations, in which participants had to sprint from one position to another in full battle dress.
    In close-quarter battle tests, including hand-to-hand combat, women suffered much higher injury rates.

    Negative findings in the Combat Effectiveness Gender Study are even more significant in view of the fact that test exercises reportedly had been so diluted and watered down that they amounted to little more than "aggressive camping."


    So no, no problem with being in combat zones.
    So... statistically speaking, most women can't hack it in ground combat units. Right? That's your argument?

  2. #342
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    So... statistically speaking, most women can't hack it in ground combat units. Right? That's your argument?
    Read the ****ing articles and stop playing your stupid obtuse game.

    Just say what you are going to say and I will refute it.

    PS: No most can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #343
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Read the ****ing articles and stop playing your stupid obtuse game.

    Just say what you are going to say and I will refute it.

    PS: No most can't.
    If most can't than some can. Correct? Why not let those that can hack it, do so?

  4. #344
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    If most can't than some can. Correct? Why not let those that can hack it, do so?
    Well read the information I posted. That is what it is there for. This way I don't have to worry about posting paragraph after paragraph of info. It is all there in black and white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #345
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Well read the information I posted. That is what it is there for. This way I don't have to worry about posting paragraph after paragraph of info. It is all there in black and white.
    Does any of your information say that all women can't hack it in ground combat units?

  6. #346
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Does any of your information say that all women can't hack it in ground combat units?
    No and that's not the point. The information says more than that, but that would require actual reading. Do that and all your questions will be answered. Reading the thread mite also help. So I don't have to have the same debate all over again after already doing it what? 4 times now?

    So I figure you are trying very hard to set me up in some kind of lawyers double speak trap, hence the being so obtuse. Or you genuinely want to know. Either way the pages await your viewing pleasure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #347
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No and that's not the point.

    It's my point. If most women can't hack it, then some women can. So I'll ask you again. Why not let them?

  8. #348
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    It's my point. If most women can't hack it, then some women can. So I'll ask you again. Why not let them?
    And I will reply again read the info, that's what it is there for.

    If you can't do that, than I don't really care what your point is as it does not in any way refute (because you did not bother to read it) the information in any way, period.

    Have a good read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #349
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military? Please call members by their correct User name.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #350
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And I will reply again read the info, that's what it is there for.

    If you can't do that, than I don't really care what your point is as it does not in any way refute (because you did not bother to read it) the information in any way, period.

    Have a good read.
    I'm not asking your sources. I'm asking you. If you would like to address me to a particular source of yours, I'd be happy to read it.

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •