View Poll Results: Should women be allowed in combat roles in military?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    60 68.18%
  • No

    21 23.86%
  • IDK/other

    7 7.95%
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 423

Thread: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

  1. #331
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I doubt it. Either way it's anecdotal and so far your anecdotal evidence has been less than trustworthy.
    Regardless, it isn't required to my point.


    And again as the previous study's from Israel and England show the majority can't, and you are again wrong. Keep ignoring the evidence.
    Meaningless as it means nothing to my point.




    I give up.
    You never really engaged.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Is it fair to say physical strength is more or less an important military criteria?

    If so, it'd be increasingly important for soldiers in more intensive missions to have it.

    Say Seal team 6, or some other special military unit.

  3. #333
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,302

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    What's complicated about this. If you join the military, one of the real possibilites is that you will fight in a war. If women are excepted, then they are discriminated against. If women only serve rear guard and supply, then men are discriminated againgst by increasing their odds of being in an action zone. If people are not in the military to fight, then they should not be in the military. Some women are not women. Some are lotsa woman. Just like Freddie and his husband, Ralph. Discrimination is illegal.

  4. #334
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    BRITISH STUDY FINDS FEMALE SOLDIERS “TOO WEAK” FOR LAND COMBAT
    1/14/2002 12:58:35 PM

    ...Negative findings in the Combat Effectiveness Gender Study are even more significant in view of the fact that test exercises reportedly had been so diluted and watered down that they amounted to little more than "aggressive camping." (Electronic Telegraph, Mar. 26, 2001) According to Brig. Seymour Monro, the Army’s Director of Infantry, tasks that women soldiers were not physically capable of performing had been made easier or dropped from the trials...
    - Center for Military Readiness | International Policies

    It was reviewed and tried again in 2010...

    BRITISH CONCLUDE STUDY OF WOMEN IN COMBAT: NO CHANGES
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010

    ...The Ministry of Defence has completed a review into the policy that excludes female members of the Armed Forces from carrying out ground close combat roles, and decided that it should remain unchanged...
    - CENTEX UNFILTERED NEWS: BRITISH CONCLUDE STUDY OF WOMEN IN COMBAT: NO CHANGES

    Few serious armies use women in combat roles. Israel, which drafts most of its young women and uses them in all kinds of military work, has learned from experience to take them out of combat zones. Tests show that few women have the upper-body strength required for combat tasks. Keeping combat forces all male would not be discriminatory, as were earlier racial segregation schemes in the military, because men and women are different both physically and psychologically,” - Feb. 5, 1990, National Review.

    Israeli women won’t see combat
    October 20, 2003

    "JERUSALEM -- Young women who are drafted into the Israeli military will be barred from most combat duties because of a medical study that has determined they are, after all, the weaker sex..."
    - Israeli women won't see combat - Washington Times[/quote]

    Any questions? Or do I have to post this again?

    So far no one has come up with anything at all that is credible that refutes the findings, period.

    Still waiting? Anyone? Got any real evidence other than just a weak opinion backed up by hot air?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    BRITISH STUDY FINDS FEMALE SOLDIERS “TOO WEAK” FOR LAND COMBAT
    1/14/2002 12:58:35 PM

    ...Negative findings in the Combat Effectiveness Gender Study are even more significant in view of the fact that test exercises reportedly had been so diluted and watered down that they amounted to little more than "aggressive camping." (Electronic Telegraph, Mar. 26, 2001) According to Brig. Seymour Monro, the Army’s Director of Infantry, tasks that women soldiers were not physically capable of performing had been made easier or dropped from the trials...
    - Center for Military Readiness | International Policies

    It was reviewed and tried again in 2010...

    BRITISH CONCLUDE STUDY OF WOMEN IN COMBAT: NO CHANGES
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010

    ...The Ministry of Defence has completed a review into the policy that excludes female members of the Armed Forces from carrying out ground close combat roles, and decided that it should remain unchanged...
    - CENTEX UNFILTERED NEWS: BRITISH CONCLUDE STUDY OF WOMEN IN COMBAT: NO CHANGES

    Few serious armies use women in combat roles. Israel, which drafts most of its young women and uses them in all kinds of military work, has learned from experience to take them out of combat zones. Tests show that few women have the upper-body strength required for combat tasks. Keeping combat forces all male would not be discriminatory, as were earlier racial segregation schemes in the military, because men and women are different both physically and psychologically,” - Feb. 5, 1990, National Review.

    Israeli women won’t see combat
    October 20, 2003

    "JERUSALEM -- Young women who are drafted into the Israeli military will be barred from most combat duties because of a medical study that has determined they are, after all, the weaker sex..."
    - Israeli women won't see combat - Washington Times
    Any questions? Or do I have to post this again?

    So far no one has come up with anything at all that is credible that refutes the findings, period.

    Still waiting? Anyone? Got any real evidence other than just a weak opinion backed up by hot air?[/QUOTE]

    You can post it a million times, but it doesn't address what I'm saying, and it is likely they too suffer from group think. This debunks nothing. Answer me in no real way.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #336
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You can post it a million times, but it doesn't address what I'm saying, and it is likely they too suffer from group think. This debunks nothing. Answer me in no real way.
    I gave up on you as your question is based on nothing, and this has nothing to do with your fantasy land question, capisce?

    You can call it "group think" all day, but it does not change the facts of the study, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #337
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I gave up on you as your question is based on nothing, and this has nothing to do with your fantasy land question, capisce?

    You can call it "group think" all day, but it does not change the facts of the study, period.
    Ok there Uncle Joey. Whatever you think makes you happy.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #338
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Ok there Uncle Joey. Whatever you think makes you happy.
    It is to bad people don't want to accept the reality of a situation and throw ad hominems rather than evidence to support a position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #339
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    BRITISH STUDY FINDS FEMALE SOLDIERS “TOO WEAK” FOR LAND COMBAT
    1/14/2002 12:58:35 PM

    ...Negative findings in the Combat Effectiveness Gender Study are even more significant in view of the fact that test exercises reportedly had been so diluted and watered down that they amounted to little more than "aggressive camping." (Electronic Telegraph, Mar. 26, 2001) According to Brig. Seymour Monro, the Army’s Director of Infantry, tasks that women soldiers were not physically capable of performing had been made easier or dropped from the trials...
    - Center for Military Readiness | International Policies

    It was reviewed and tried again in 2010...

    BRITISH CONCLUDE STUDY OF WOMEN IN COMBAT: NO CHANGES
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010

    ...The Ministry of Defence has completed a review into the policy that excludes female members of the Armed Forces from carrying out ground close combat roles, and decided that it should remain unchanged...
    - CENTEX UNFILTERED NEWS: BRITISH CONCLUDE STUDY OF WOMEN IN COMBAT: NO CHANGES

    Few serious armies use women in combat roles. Israel, which drafts most of its young women and uses them in all kinds of military work, has learned from experience to take them out of combat zones. Tests show that few women have the upper-body strength required for combat tasks. Keeping combat forces all male would not be discriminatory, as were earlier racial segregation schemes in the military, because men and women are different both physically and psychologically,” - Feb. 5, 1990, National Review.

    Israeli women won’t see combat
    October 20, 2003

    "JERUSALEM -- Young women who are drafted into the Israeli military will be barred from most combat duties because of a medical study that has determined they are, after all, the weaker sex..."
    - Israeli women won't see combat - Washington Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Any questions? Or do I have to post this again?

    So far no one has come up with anything at all that is credible that refutes the findings, period.

    Still waiting? Anyone? Got any real evidence other than just a weak opinion backed up by hot air?
    I haven't really been following this thread for a couple of days, but is your argument that women should be entirely barred from combat duty because several studies have concluded that they're statistically incapable of doing so?
    Last edited by Aderleth; 03-22-12 at 10:29 PM.

  10. #340
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    I haven't really been following this thread for a couple of days, but is your argument that women should be entirely barred from combat duty because several studies have concluded that they're statistically incapable of doing so?
    The studies do not say they are unfit for or barred from duty in combat zones etc. They state women should not be in ground combat units like infantry, armor and artillery. I agree they should not be in ground combat units. Here is an excerpt...

    In compiling the study for review by the Chiefs of Staff, British Army officials gathered information from several other countries with gender-integrated armed forces, and carried out tests of physical capabilities in Wales. According to the London Sunday Times, June 24, 2001, the women performed comparatively poorly in physical tasks:
    · In a test requiring soldiers to carry 90 lbs. of artillery shells over measured distances, the male failure rate was 20%. The female failure rate was 70%.
    · In a 12.5-mile route march carrying 60 lbs. of equipment, followed by target practice simulating conditions under fire, men failed in 17% of cases. Women failed in 48%.
    · Females were generally slower in simulated combat exercises involving lengthy "fire and move" situations, in which participants had to sprint from one position to another in full battle dress.
    · In close-quarter battle tests, including hand-to-hand combat, women suffered much higher injury rates.

    Negative findings in the Combat Effectiveness Gender Study are even more significant in view of the fact that test exercises reportedly had been so diluted and watered down that they amounted to little more than "aggressive camping."


    So no, no problem with being in combat zones.

    PS If people would actually read the findings I would not have to repeat myself.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 03-22-12 at 10:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •