View Poll Results: Should women be allowed in combat roles in military?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    60 68.18%
  • No

    21 23.86%
  • IDK/other

    7 7.95%
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 423

Thread: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

  1. #291
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If all men became ill then were dealing with an advanced NBC weapon.

    In this case, once again, there is only 1 way to properly and efectivly use a chem suit.
    I think you're avoiding my question.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #292
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Don't agree. No reason to put women in ground combat rolls. I don't really care about what the public political correctness says about anything. I do know for the reasons the study's have stated and personal experience, it at this time is a bad idea. Of course that is just my opinion.

    PS I don't think this has anything to do with generalizing. It is just looking at it realistically.
    'Realistically' my pink starfish. . .at what point in time - do you imagine - you'd ever be ok with it? LOL - never. Don't pretend your view is anything other than what it is: nothing grinds my nerves more than a sexist male who tries to lie and pretend he's not just being a sexist male. ****: at least some guys around here are ballsy enough to say "I just don't flat out like women" - damn.

    My honest view on men in combat: I don't even think a lot of GUYS who are permitted to serve in combat roles are remotely capable of handling the stress, performing their physical duties and coming out OK in the end - and should get the hell out. We can start with the piggly guys who are incapable of controlling their lust long enough to avoid raping other servicemembers or civilians, who can't hold their liquor on the weekends, can't stop from beating their children and their wives, and who overall have proven incapable of handling their own personal ****.

    And then we can go around the ranks to all the other servicemembers who see such lowly activity - who condone it or fail to report it - and question their abilities to perform their duties properly as well.

    Want to keep the unfit for duty out of duty? I'm all for it: but don't pretend like my vagina comes with a dose of weakness and inability and your magical cock comes with power and strength.

    Everyone hates on the keepers of the pussy until they want to get in it.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 03-21-12 at 08:31 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #293
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,499

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    'Realistically' my pink starfish. . .at what point in time - do you imagine - you'd ever be ok with it? LOL - never. Don't pretend your view is anything other than what it is: nothing grinds my nerves more than a sexist male who tries to lie and pretend he's not just being a sexist male. ****: at least some guys around here are ballsy enough to say "I just don't flat out like women" - damn.

    My honest view on men in combat: I don't even think a lot of GUYS who are permitted to serve in combat roles are remotely capable of handling the stress, performing their physical duties and coming out OK in the end - and should get the hell out. We can start with the piggly guys who are incapable of controlling their lust long enough to avoid raping other servicemembers or civilians, who can't hold their liquor on the weekends, can't stop from beating their children and their wives, and who overall have proven incapable of handling their own personal ****.

    And then we can go around the ranks to all the other servicemembers who see such lowly activity - who condone it or fail to report it - and question their abilities to perform their duties properly as well.

    Want to keep the unfit for duty out of duty? I'm all for it: but don't pretend like my vagina comes with a dose of weakness and inability and your magical cock comes with power and strength.

    Everyone hates on the keepers of the pussy until they want to get in it.
    What a useless anecdotal ad hominem, fallacy filled rant that has really nothing to do with my position or why I take this position.

    Typical feminazi ramblings based on well nothing. No evidence to back up anything or even reasonable anecdotal evidence. Nothing but "I am woman hear me roar." Well that does not cut it in the real world.

    You mite want to read some of my posts and actually examine my reasoning so you don't come off like a ranting loon with penis envy. I mean why bother to look at why when you can just rant...

    "I disagree based on modern precedent. Anytime females have been put in a roll that requires brute strength or high endurance like fireman etc. The standards were lowered to fit the common denominator. I will put it like this...

    I hope if I am injured and in a building that is burning, she is not the one to find me because if she can't even move a 90lbs dummy 25ft, what chance would she have of saving me?

    That is the main reason I would not support this. I agree with you as far as principal goes but unfortunately it seems to go overboard in the real world.
    " - Blackdog

    This combined with the mountain of scientific evidence say your opinion is invalid.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 03-21-12 at 09:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #294
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    What a useless anecdotal ad hominem, fallacy filled rant that has really nothing to do with my position or why I take this position.

    Typical feminazi ramblings based on well nothing. No evidence to back up anything or even reasonable anecdotal evidence. Nothing but "I am woman hear me roar." Well that does not cut it in the real world.

    You mite want to read some of my posts and actually examine my reasoning so you don't come off like a ranting loon with penis envy. I mean why bother to look at why when you can just rant...

    "I disagree based on modern precedent. Anytime females have been put in a roll that requires brute strength or high endurance like fireman etc. The standards were lowered to fit the common denominator. I will put it like this...

    I hope if I am injured and in a building that is burning, she is not the one to find me because if she can't even move a 90lbs dummy 25ft, what chance would she have of saving me?

    That is the main reason I would not support this. I agree with you as far as principal goes but unfortunately it seems to go overboard in the real world.
    " - Blackdog

    This combined with the mountain of scientific evidence say your opinion is invalid.
    I don't support lowered standards, either - which puts me at odds with a vast number of women. But I do support the general basis of women who can cut it being in the ranks and men who can't cut it being booted out.

    You though - presented your whole entire view as if it's going to change . . . I know it won't. I wasn't born yesterday. Obviously it won't - because you're blanketing all women as being physicall incapable.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 03-21-12 at 09:30 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #295
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,499

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I don't support lowered standards, either - which puts me at odds with a vast number of women. But I do support the general basis of women who can cut it being in the ranks and men who can't cut it being booted out.
    Men who can't make it are booted out. Where did you get this info that the US military is now accepting sub standard recruits?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    You though - presented your whole entire view as if it's going to change . . . I know it won't. I wasn't born yesterday. Obviously it won't - because you're blanketing all women as being physicall incapable.
    If you had read more of my posts instead of making a knee jerk to part of one reply to one person, you would see that is not the case. We all do it, just pointing this out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Many exceptions exist. I have known quite a few women who could do a decent job of it.
    The page before the quote you saw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #296
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Men who can't make it are booted out. Where did you get this info that the US military is now accepting sub standard recruits?

    If you had read more of my posts instead of making a knee jerk to part of one reply to one person, you would see that is not the case. We all do it, just pointing this out.

    The page before the quote you saw.
    No no - I read all of your posts and understand your numerous points quite clearly:

    Many exceptions exist. I have known quite a few women who could do a decent job of it.
    No reason to put women in ground combat rolls. I don't really care about what the public political correctness says about anything. I do know for the reasons the study's have stated and personal experience, it at this time is a bad idea. Of course that is just my opinion.
    You're saying you know some women who can cut the physical standards (emotional, etc - as well) - you recognize this but still decide to generalize and deny those women combat roles because a larger percentage of women can't cut it.

    So: you're all for treating women unfairly because of what other women can/cannot do.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #297
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,499

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    No no - I read all of your posts and understand your numerous points quite clearly:





    You're saying you know some women who can cut the physical standards (emotional, etc - as well) - you recognize this but still decide to generalize and deny those women combat roles because a larger percentage of women can't cut it.

    So: you're all for treating women unfairly because of what other women can/cannot do.
    Again you still missed it...

    #1 In the quote you posted I said " it at this time is a bad idea"

    #2 I disagree based on modern precedent. Anytime females have been put in a roll that requires brute strength or high endurance like fireman etc. The standards were lowered to fit the common denominator. I will put it like this...

    I hope if I am injured and in a building that is burning, she is not the one to find me because if she can't even move a 90lbs dummy 25ft, what chance would she have of saving me?

    That is the main reason I would not support this. I agree with you as far as principal goes but unfortunately it seems to go overboard in the real world.
    - http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060312246

    I did not generalize and gave clear reasons and supported it with evidence.

    Now if you could actually address my evidence etc instead of trying to attribute things to and on me that do not apply, we can move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #298
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Having been one of the guys the army paid for a strong back and weak mind I can honestly say MANY women could have done the 'brute strength' tasks I did. It was more an ability to imitate a pack mule than carrying the Ma Duece at port arms for 10 klicks... Brute strength was secondary to endurance, it was secondary to mental toughness, secondary to surviving on a starvation diet, secondary to thinking under stress, without sleep...

    I've seen guys break down and cry because the promised hot meal never made it out to the field.

    Making broad brush statements about what an entire gender can and can't do isn't helpful. Not every guy can be a grunt, that is for damn sure. I don't think the standard would ever be lowered so ANY female could qualify but then again it shouldn't be lowered so any male would be acceptable.

    But humping ALICE or the Pig doesn't take a superman, superwoman can do it to...

  9. #299
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Again you still missed it...

    #1 In the quote you posted I said " it at this time is a bad idea"

    #2 I disagree based on modern precedent. Anytime females have been put in a roll that requires brute strength or high endurance like fireman etc. The standards were lowered to fit the common denominator. I will put it like this...

    I hope if I am injured and in a building that is burning, she is not the one to find me because if she can't even move a 90lbs dummy 25ft, what chance would she have of saving me?

    That is the main reason I would not support this. I agree with you as far as principal goes but unfortunately it seems to go overboard in the real world.
    - http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060312246

    I did not generalize and gave clear reasons and supported it with evidence.

    Now if you could actually address my evidence etc instead of trying to attribute things to and on me that do not apply, we can move on.
    Evidence of what? You yourself said that some women are more than capable even *without* flexing for gender priviledges - but that's not enough, in your view. So: why can't these some women serve in combat - or - in your example her: serve as firefighters?

    Some women are physically on par with men - whether you think they're feminine or not doesn't matter - if she could drag your ass out of a burning building why say no to her being able to do it?

    And what evidence is there that 'it goes overboard in teh real world'

    How could it go overboard: some strong capable women doing their jobs and doing them well = disasterous? Overboard?

    Don't be silly - and stop playing ignorant as if you're making a 'solid point with verifiable evidence' - when you're actually seeing evidence to the contrary, admiting it's there, and ignoring it and siding with blind bias instead.

    If just 5 women are on par with men in the service then why can't those 5 women fight alongside them - what do they have: cooties? What are men afraid of - are they more concerned with their perceived masculinity when their ass is in a sling? Afraid of being feminized if a woman is one to save them?
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 03-21-12 at 11:43 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #300
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,499

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Evidence of what? You yourself said that some women are more than capable even *without* flexing for gender priviledges - but that's not enough, in your view. So: why can't these some women serve in combat - or - in your example her: serve as firefighters?

    Some women are physically on par with men - whether you think they're feminine or not doesn't matter - if she could drag your ass out of a burning building why say no to her being able to do it?

    And what evidence is there that 'it goes overboard in teh real world'

    How could it go overboard: some strong capable women doing their jobs and doing them well = disasterous? Overboard?

    Don't be silly - and stop playing ignorant as if you're making a 'solid point with verifiable evidence' - when you're actually seeing evidence to the contrary, admiting it's there, and ignoring it and siding with blind bias instead.

    If just 5 women are on par with men in the service then why can't those 5 women fight alongside them - what do they have: cooties? What are men afraid of - are they more concerned with their perceived masculinity when their ass is in a sling? Afraid of being feminized if a woman is one to save them?
    Am I that ****ing obtuse? How hard is it to understand ****ing English????????? No, No and NO.

    I disagree based on modern precedent. Anytime females have been put in a roll that requires brute strength or high endurance like fireman etc. The standards were lowered to fit the common denominator. I will put it like this...

    I hope if I am injured and in a building that is burning, she is not the one to find me because if she can't even move a 90lbs dummy 25ft, what chance would she have of saving me?

    That is the main reason I would not support this. I agree with you as far as principal goes but unfortunately it seems to go overboard in the real world.
    - Page Not Found - Debate Politics Forums

    Since you are having trouble understanding I will go s l o w l y...

    Every time women have been accepted into roles the majority are not suited for physically, the standards GET LOWERED, EVERY TIME, NO EXCEPTIONS. So it is reasonable according to ALL THE STUDIES DONE TO DATE ON WOMEN IN GROUND COMBAT UNITS only a very small percentage are actually up to the rigors physically and emotionally. A significantly lower percentage then men, upwards of 90% difference.

    So if we let them in GROUND COMBAT UNITS, it would only be a matter of time before feminist groups etc would start the "we need more women in these positions" which would then cause the rigid standards to be lowered GREATLY as it has in EVERY SINGLE CASE BEFORE.

    Now was that so hard to understand?
    Last edited by Black Dog; 03-22-12 at 12:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •