View Poll Results: Should women be allowed in combat roles in military?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    60 68.18%
  • No

    21 23.86%
  • IDK/other

    7 7.95%
Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 423

Thread: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

  1. #151
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    10 % is way high, but note that even then it was so high as to be noteworthy. It was far from the norm.
    no, in fact, it is the standard.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    sadly, you are wrong. 18-22 year olds continue to be 18-22 year olds.
    Does this mean maturity is not to be expected?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #153
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Does this mean maturity is not to be expected?
    most people who join the military arent mature enough for the military.

    in basic training we had a few 17 year olds who shown they werent ready.maturity happens from time,and someone young may be able to pass basic or bootcamp but not handle realisty without someone babysitting them.this is reality,most those that cant hack it are chaptered out,a select few get sent to prison because they think they can run the military.

    you cant change youth,the only thing you can do is let them know they will be punished and most will listen,but no matter how hard you try some always think they can beat the system.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  4. #154
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,309
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    no, in fact, it is the standard.
    Actually 10 % was so high that the ship was dubbed the love boat.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #155
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    question am i the only one who imagines navy prides words in popeyes voice,becase for me it makes it easier to read.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  6. #156
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    I would definitely say that 10% is pretty high! Half of the onus does fall on the men though. I think that men and women can do better when dealing with tight quarters and no fresh faces if we expect them to.
    That is true, the men are just as guilty the point I am trying to make though is before women were allowed to serve aboard Navy Combatants we had zero pregnancies.....Women have a place to serve in the Navy, I will admit that but it should not be on a Navy Combatant....There are enough dangers and problems aboard those ships already without inserting females
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #157
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Well its now 21-6 and I wonder how many of those people who said its OK to serve in combat ever have been in combat. Its not like the movies and John Wayne.

    Can we see a show of hands?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #158
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Well its now 21-6 and I wonder how many of those people who said its OK to serve in combat ever have been in combat. Its not like the movies and John Wayne.

    Can we see a show of hands?
    never been in combat but served in war,i got the lucky straw on that one but came close like 40 times to being killed were it not for my uzbekistan frien in the afghani army tipping me and my unit off.

    however i will say women can serve in combat,but they must prove equal,its wrong to say they cant but even more wrong to allow them to do so under lesser conditions than men.

    combat isnt fun and games either you are capable of doing your job or people die,if yu cant do your job youll be stuck as a glorified secretary in a combat uniform,seem it happen many times in aghanistan.


    the only fault i see is that the navy the air force arent combat arms except air force sf and navy seals and navy cb's.their tests check for job readiness.the branch most exposed to combat is the army,the marines even though they destroy everything around them are mostly used in early battles and the army takes their place after initial invasion to allow heavy machinery to devastate the enemy.the amry however has no tests for combat readiness though they are about to initiate it.

    ive seen a few women that can keep up with men,most fail horribly,this isnt due to the fact they cant handle combat,but do to the fact they have a lower standard,and most people strive tom do the minimum.if the army said women must meet male standards i guarantee shortly after all women would graduate basic on male standards,but since they arent required most wont.

    may i ask is this womens fault or the military using double standards.its one thing to measure physicle fitness,but when they cant handle combat stress,the army sends them to the fob to handle paperwork.

    in my opinion that is sexist.if a women couldnt handle her mos the army throws them aside,i saw this alot in my mechanic mos,95% of females couldnt hack it and begged to be paper pushers,while the army should have said no you signed uo we payed you go do it.

    you cant blame female soldiers because branches like the army held them to such low standards they were equal to housemaids in combat uniform,if someone wants women in combat meet mens standars go to your commander and ask something be done.

    also women in combat thing started with the marine women throwing a fit,unlike army and airforce marine women needed combat arms experience in the marines to make it to the top,which meant women were excluded,whereas the army allowed fobbits to make highest ranks despite deployment history.nothing pisses off army soldiers more than being run by an e-9 whos never served a day in combat but feels he/she has the right to tell you how to do it.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  9. #159
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Nothing wrong with saying something that should be hard cold fact.

    If you are capable - you should be able to serve wherever and however it's fit.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #160
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    most people who join the military arent mature enough for the military.

    in basic training we had a few 17 year olds who shown they werent ready.maturity happens from time,and someone young may be able to pass basic or bootcamp but not handle realisty without someone babysitting them.this is reality,most those that cant hack it are chaptered out,a select few get sent to prison because they think they can run the military.

    you cant change youth,the only thing you can do is let them know they will be punished and most will listen,but no matter how hard you try some always think they can beat the system.
    I agree young people are more prone to mistakes, but the question was should we expect maturity? If we can't expect most will be mature, then we really shouldn't have them in these life and death situations. I personal believe that whiel young will be young, most will meet the expectation, if we have expectations.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •