View Poll Results: Should women be allowed in combat roles in military?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    60 68.18%
  • No

    21 23.86%
  • IDK/other

    7 7.95%
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 423

Thread: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

  1. #141
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    the military already has strict rules aginst such acts,it just depends on whether or not the said branche enforces it or plays gender favorites.
    The Navy has zero tolerance for any of that stuff but it happens and women and men get together......Its the nature of the beast.
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 03-18-12 at 12:25 AM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    I don't need to prove it.....there are women who have been in combat since the beginning of time. All one need do is check the Annuals of history. As a matter of fact, one of the top fighting forms in the world was created for women to defend not only themselves but the Emperors of China.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    The Acadia (Arcadia is different).

    The List: Military scandals - Washington Times

    I am sorry but I cannot find any references regard the USS Puget Sound as the "Love Boat", there are however several references to the USS Acadia as the "Love Boat".
    I stand corrected thank you but you have to admit that is quite a few pregnancies where there is zero tolerance for that kind of thing.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #144
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I stand corrected thank you but you have to admit that is quite a few pregnancies where there is zero tolerance for that kind of thing.
    I would definitely say that 10% is pretty high! Half of the onus does fall on the men though. I think that men and women can do better when dealing with tight quarters and no fresh faces if we expect them to.

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  5. #145
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    I would definitely say that 10% is pretty high! Half of the onus does fall on the men though. I think that men and women can do better when dealing with tight quarters and no fresh faces if we expect them to.
    tehy can, and often do in other cultures. I THINK we tend to allow more immaturity in ours, and instead demanding maturity, make excuses for why we can't expect adults to behave like adults.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #146
    Educator
    Chiefgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lake Jem, FL pop:35
    Last Seen
    05-08-15 @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    tehy can, and often do in other cultures. I THINK we tend to allow more immaturity in ours, and instead demanding maturity, make excuses for why we can't expect adults to behave like adults.
    The Navy demands maturity and holds accountable the ones that do not meet the expectation.
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travellin' man, I have chalked up many a mile.
    Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and I've learned much from both of their styles!

  7. #147
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefgator View Post
    The Navy demands maturity and holds accountable the ones that do not meet the expectation.
    Certainly I hope so, but I remember back when a gay salior was beaten to death, and how much I had to listen to the excuses. And I listened too often to the excuses that we can't expect soldiers to behave.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #148
    Educator
    Chiefgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lake Jem, FL pop:35
    Last Seen
    05-08-15 @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    I would definitely say that 10% is pretty high! Half of the onus does fall on the men though. I think that men and women can do better when dealing with tight quarters and no fresh faces if we expect them to.
    They do much better. Many things have changed in 20 years since Dsert Storm.

    There are still issues on the ship, but nothing like that.
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travellin' man, I have chalked up many a mile.
    Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and I've learned much from both of their styles!

  9. #149
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    I would definitely say that 10% is pretty high! Half of the onus does fall on the men though. I think that men and women can do better when dealing with tight quarters and no fresh faces if we expect them to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefgator View Post
    They do much better. Many things have changed in 20 years since Dsert Storm.

    There are still issues on the ship, but nothing like that.
    10 % is way high, but note that even then it was so high as to be noteworthy. It was far from the norm.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #150
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    I would definitely say that 10% is pretty high! Half of the onus does fall on the men though. I think that men and women can do better when dealing with tight quarters and no fresh faces if we expect them to.
    sadly, you are wrong. 18-22 year olds continue to be 18-22 year olds.

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •