View Poll Results: Should women be allowed in combat roles in military?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    60 68.18%
  • No

    21 23.86%
  • IDK/other

    7 7.95%
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 423

Thread: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

  1. #111
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    I do believe you are referring to the USS Acadia, and there were 36 pregnancies.
    Nope USS PUGET SOUND use to be homeported here in Bremerton...Did not know about that one....thanks for the info.....The Arcadia and the Puget Sound are not Combatants though....they are support ships........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #112
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Sure. We are equal aint we?


  3. #113
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    The crap huh. I am 5'6" and most of the women I spend time around are just about my height. Women are not very dainty anymore. The attributes you are talking about are for gymnasts who need to be small. It is not about political correctness, why would women want to put themselves in potentially dangerous situations just in the name of political correctness, that is not very smart -- are you going to say we are not smart as well? They have a desire to serve their country just as much as any man.

    As for social experimentation -- are you saying the military has not done that before and therefore should not start engaging in it now? If you did you would be wrong.
    I am just telling you what I see of the women every day and I might add there are always a bunch of pregnant ones........you can tell because they wear their blouses on the outside.........

    Before I retired from the Navy the Chiefs at Pearl Harbor met with the Master Chief of the Navy at Oceans 11 (CPO CLUB) sit downitdown question and answer period and the subject came up of women in the Navy and aboard ship. He said that would never be a problem because the women would only be used in support areas and Never in combat...........I specifically asked the quebecauseecasue of the seavey/shorvey it might involve..........

    I repeat again...The military is there to fight your wars and to protect you, not for social experimentation
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #114
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hi shipmate. Rate, ship? When did you serve?

    Also do not forget to request your award for your service here.
    Hey shipmate How about giving me credit for my 9 years in the fleet reserve after I retired while your doing it.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #115
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am just telling you what I see of the women every day and I might add there are always a bunch of pregnant ones........you can tell because they wear their blouses on the outside.........

    Before I retired from the Navy the Chiefs at Pearl Harbor met with the Master Chief of the Navy at Oceans 11 (CPO CLUB) sit downitdown question and answer period and the subject came up of women in the Navy and aboard ship. He said that would never be a problem because the women would only be used in support areas and Never in combat...........I specifically asked the quebecauseecasue of the seavey/shorvey it might involve..........

    I repeat again...The military is there to fight your wars and to protect you, not for social experimentation
    What to beleive, studies on the subject, or your lies? I wonder.....

    Apparently your sitdown came a long time ago, because women have been serving on combat ships and at combat stations for quite some time.

    When women are able to do every other ****ing job out there, it is no longer social experimenting.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #116
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Hey shipmate How about giving me credit for my 9 years in the fleet reserve after I retired while your doing it.
    Make the awards request.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Again I would like to ask of you 19 people who said yes, How many of you actually served in combat and before you say the Navy does not serve in combat I will remind you of Navy Seal Team 6 who just got OBL and the Navy Corpsman who aid the Marines and the 55 Navy men who names are on that wall in DC from the Vietnam war, 3 who were personal friends of mine, May they Rest in Peace.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #118
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,364

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    accept it navy redress is right,women shouldnt be disqualified for being women,they should only be disqualified for being unable to do their job,but its the same way with men,would you want a man whos 110 pounds who cant handle combat stress.

    as far as i see it the military in most branches needs to increase training and quit holding double standards for combat,and should only let those fit for combat enter combat,reguardless of gender.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  9. #119
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,769

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Again I would like to ask of you 19 people who said yes, How many of you actually served in combat and before you say the Navy does not serve in combat I will remind you of Navy Seal Team 6 who just got OBL and the Navy Corpsman who aid the Marines and the 55 Navy men who names are on that wall in DC from the Vietnam war, 3 who were personal friends of mine, May they Rest in Peace.

    why does this matter?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #120
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    why does this matter?
    Trying to eliminate people who might disagree with him.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •