View Poll Results: Should women be allowed in combat roles in military?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    60 68.18%
  • No

    21 23.86%
  • IDK/other

    7 7.95%
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 423

Thread: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

  1. #101
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    They definitely should not be allowed to serve on Navy Combatants. They can't handle the physical requirements like carrying a P250 or P500 submersible pump on a DC party........They get pregnant to often and have to leave the ship without a replacement . The average age of a sailor on a navy combatant is 19 years.....The juices are running and men and women get together and have sex. Life aboard a Navy Combatant is dangerous and there are enough problems already with out adding women to the mix....You want to put them on hospital ships or those luxury liners air craft carriers fine, but not on cruisers destroyers and submarines........


    I wonder how many of you libs who voted yes have ever even been near a combat situation.
    Women already serve on navy combatant ships. Captain Maureen A. Farren was the first women to command a combat ship, the USS Mount Vernon(LSD-39) in 1998. http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~uscnrotc/Decades/d-1980/c1980bio/b80FAR.htm

    Welcome to 14 years ago.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #102
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Listen I never said that.....Single parents raise children all the time and do it well..........Its just not the best way to raise a child..............Don't tell lies my left wing friend........I will call you on them every time......
    No, you said two gay women can't raise children without a father-figure. You didn't say "they can do it well, it's just not be best way." In fact, you started a thread declaring women can not successfully raise children due to lack of a father-figure in opposite to lesbians raising a child.

    I understand many people post diametrically opposite platitudes on different threads in pursuit of their own values/ideology. That is what I tend to call people out on.

  3. #103
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefgator View Post
    In the last 10 years of my Navy career, I was around women Sailors every day. On ship and shore. I can only remember very small percentage that would have been less that 5'
    Hi shipmate. Rate, ship? When did you serve?

    Also do not forget to request your award for your service here.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Which is why nearly everyone who said yes qualified it by saying that they should have to meet the same physical requirements as a man.
    I looked at the poll and did not see them saying that.........Oh and they all don't meet the same standards.



    Let me relay a little story to you about women and birth control OK......There was a ship that deployed to the far east during the 91 war......its name was the USS PUGET SOUND Ihad a crew of 100 men and women with 150 women...when the ship came back after a 6 month deployment it had 47 pregnancies...They nicknamed the ship the USS LOVEBOAT.. Oh and the women were all supposed to be on BC.......You see a lot of women join the military to get a because becasue they can't get one in civilian life.......

    If 19-year olds aren't mature enough to curb their sexual impulses, then they aren't mature enough to serve in the military. You can't have it both ways
    Here is a flash for you.....they are already in the military...

    No doubt it is, but how is it more so to women than men?
    You ever Combatant Navy Combantant? Be careul what you say, there will be a test.....

    Oh and I served on 4 DDs a CLG and AOE in 21 years for full disclosure.
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 03-17-12 at 09:33 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #105
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I looked at the poll and did not see them saying that.........
    Are you ignoring post 98, my response to being told to "cut the crap"?

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  6. #106
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post

    Let me relay a little story to you about women and birth control OK......There was a ship that deployed to the far east during the 91 war......its name was the USS PUGET SOUND Ihad a crew of 100 men and women with 150 women...when the ship came back after a 6 month deployment it had 47 pregnancies...They nicknamed the ship the USS LOVEBOAT.. Oh and the women were all supposed to be on BC.......You see a lot of women join the military to get a because becasue they can't get one in civilian life.......
    I do believe you are referring to the USS Acadia, and there were 36 pregnancies.

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  7. #107
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I looked at the poll and did not see them saying that.........Oh and they all don't meet the same standards.
    The poll doesn't give an option to explain your viewpoint Navy, you just get to pick from the choices available, that's how a poll works. If you had actually read people's responses, you'd already know that nearly everyone who said yes qualified it in the manner I mentioned. And if women don't have to meet the same standards as men, then I would agree that's a problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Let me relay a little story to you about women and birth control OK......There was a ship that deployed to the far east during the 91 war......its name was the USS PUGET SOUND Ihad a crew of 100 men and women with 150 women...when the ship came back after a 6 month deployment it had 47 pregnancies...They nicknamed the ship the USS LOVEBOAT.. Oh and the women were all supposed to be on BC.......You see a lot of women join the military to get a because becasue they can't get one in civilian life.......
    Sounds like discipline was pretty lax to me, unless sailors on navy ships are allowed to have sex with each other while they're on deployment. And if they are, then perhaps that rule needs to change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Here is a flash for you.....they are already in the military...
    Then if they're mature enough to be in the military, they should be mature enough to handle women being around, yes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You ever Combatant Navy Combantant?
    No, nor have I ever said I was.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Be careul what you say, there will be a test.....
    It's pretty insulting for you to insinuate that I'd lie about being in the military.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Oh and I served on 4 DDs a CLG and AOE in 21 years for full disclosure.
    Then you should have no problems explaining in a cogent and reasoned manner why serving in the navy is more dangerous for a woman than a man, assuming she can meet the same minimum physical requirements that he can.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Women already serve on navy combatant ships. Captain Maureen A. Farren was the first women to command a combat ship, the USS Mount Vernon(LSD-39) in 1998. http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~uscnrotc/Decades/d-1980/c1980bio/b80FAR.htm

    Welcome to 14 years ago.
    Yeah and they are getting pregnant by the dozens..............I when in to the pass office last week to update my tabs for my truck.........there were 3 women airman there processing the requests...all from the Nimitz and all pregnant.....They were sent there because you can't keep them aboard ship.....They were sent without replacements so some poor guy has to do his and her job........sad........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #109
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yeah and they are getting pregnant by the dozens..............I when in to the pass office last week to update my tabs for my truck.........there were 3 women airman there processing the requests...all from the Nimitz and all pregnant.....They were sent there because you can't keep them aboard ship.....They were sent without replacements so some poor guy has to do his and her job........sad........
    So when caught out in a lie, instead of acknowledging the lie and that you made **** up, denying the service of thousands of women on combat ships, you change the subject. Well done.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    Are you ignoring post 98, my response to being told to "cut the crap"?
    Not ignoring it, try and be patient and understand I am fighting 4 or 5 of you lefties on 3 or 4 different threads...........I will get to you.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •