View Poll Results: Is a State Animal Abuse Registry a good idea?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES- this is a good idea

    27 36.00%
  • NO - this is not necessary

    39 52.00%
  • I like to abuse animals and do not want to be stopped

    3 4.00%
  • I am an animal

    6 8.00%
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 402

Thread: Animal Abuse Registry

  1. #331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Animal Abuse Registry

    Nvm. Wrong thread response.

  2. #332
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Animal Abuse Registry

    This is one example of how humans can treat animals. Someone left this dog on her own. Fortunately, there wee some wonderful people that rescued her. Whoever abandoned life precious life does not deserve to EVER have an animal again. Please take a couple minutes to watch.
    Thanks

    http://www.godvine.com/Blind-Dog-Liv...cued-1290.html
    Last edited by taxigirl; 03-24-12 at 04:00 PM.

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  3. #333
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,493

    Re: Animal Abuse Registry

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    This is one example of how humans can treat animals. Someone left this dog on her own. Fortunately, there wee some wonderful people that rescued her. Whoever abandoned life precious life does not deserve to EVER have an animal again. Please take a couple minutes to watch.
    Thanks

    http://www.godvine.com/Blind-Dog-Liv...cued-1290.html
    This is the kind of feel good hyperbole that is just stupid.

    #1 In the video it was obviously an industrial area. We don't know if the dog was abandoned, ran away, or a junk yard dog now do we?

    It is good that Fiona was rescued and seems like a great dog. This however does not make anyone a criminal. We have an industrial park that has hundreds of cats in the area. I guess someone abandoned all the feral cats that have been there for as long as anyone can remember? We have packs of dogs as well.

    So trying the appeal to emotion is bull****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #334
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Animal Abuse Registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    This is the kind of feel good hyperbole that is just stupid.

    #1 In the video it was obviously an industrial area. We don't know if the dog was abandoned, ran away, or a junk yard dog now do we?

    It is good that Fiona was rescued and seems like a great dog. This however does not make anyone a criminal. We have an industrial park that has hundreds of cats in the area. I guess someone abandoned all the feral cats that have been there for as long as anyone can remember? We have packs of dogs as well.

    So trying the appeal to emotion is bull****.
    So emotion should never play a part in our decisions relating to anything? I thought it was a nice story

    Don't emotions play a part in every decision we make? We are swayed one way or another based on preference. We got that preference from somewhere, sometimes it is strictly rational thought and sometimes it is not. When it comes to compassion I think emotion plays a large role.

    Edit:
    As for your assertion regarding where the dog came from, you are right I did make some assumptions. I also looked at how the dog reacted to human touch and attention. She let them shave and bathe her without a fuss, She seemed to adapt to being in a house quickly and was part of the family unit. I believe those things are evidence that she had lived in a house before.

    In addition, how long could a completely blind dog survive out there with no help?
    Last edited by taxigirl; 03-24-12 at 09:07 PM.

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  5. #335
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,493

    Re: Animal Abuse Registry

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    So emotion should never play a part in our decisions relating to anything? I thought it was a nice story
    It was an excellent story and it was emotional which is just fine. The fact is you made a false assumption which brought your explanation to a false conclusion that in no way supports what is being discussed.

    In other words you made an appeal to emotion fallacy based on what you wanted to see rather than anything based on fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    Don't emotions play a part in every decision we make? We are swayed one way or another based on preference. We got that preference from somewhere, sometimes it is strictly rational thought and sometimes it is not. When it comes to compassion I think emotion plays a large role.
    Emotion is a great and wonderful thing. It often leads to great evil as well as great good. In this case it is impossible to know. Most of the time logic and common sense are much more effective.

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    Edit:
    As for your assertion regarding where the dog came from, you are right I did make some assumptions. I also looked at how the dog reacted to human touch and attention. She let them shave and bathe her without a fuss, She seemed to adapt to being in a house quickly and was part of the family unit. I believe those things are evidence that she had lived in a house before.
    Maybe, maybe not. It also peed on itself it was so scared. So this is not evidence of anything other than it was a friendly dog.

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    In addition, how long could a completely blind dog survive out there with no help?
    Do you know why it was blind? Do you know how long it was blind? It looked like it was not under nourished or beaten. Plenty of stray dogs live many years. They even learn to cross with traffic lights etc. Dogs are intelligent and can adapt just like cats, birds etc. This is why you have a flock of parakeets surviving Chicago winters etc. even though they come from South America.

    So I would say your emotion brought you to a conclusion that was not backed up by any evidence. I am not saying you are wrong in your assumption, but it makes it no less hyperbole based on a fallacy appeal to emotion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #336
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Animal Abuse Registry

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    This is one example of how humans can treat animals. Someone left this dog on her own. Fortunately, there wee some wonderful people that rescued her. Whoever abandoned life precious life does not deserve to EVER have an animal again. Please take a couple minutes to watch.
    Thanks

    http://www.godvine.com/Blind-Dog-Liv...cued-1290.html
    So how is this registry suppose to stop someone from picking a dog like this up and abusing it at home?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #337
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,493

    Re: Animal Abuse Registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So how is this registry suppose to stop someone from picking a dog like this up and abusing it at home?
    Well in all honesty as much as I agree, it is really not set up for something like that to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #338
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Animal Abuse Registry

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    Absolutely a good idea. Regarding violence why do we treat innocent animals any different than innocent children?
    Because animals are ultimately a form of property while humans are not.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #339
    Educator
    Chiefgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lake Jem, FL pop:35
    Last Seen
    05-08-15 @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Animal Abuse Registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Well in all honesty as much as I agree, it is really not set up for something like that to begin with.
    And as I have said all along... If this registry does ANYTHING to an animal abuser, it changes his approach a bit. Nothing more. The net sum gain is a financial loss by the state and taxpayers and not a single criminal is stopped and not a single animal is saved.
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travellin' man, I have chalked up many a mile.
    Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and I've learned much from both of their styles!

  10. #340
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Animal Abuse Registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Well in all honesty as much as I agree, it is really not set up for something like that to begin with.
    So this registry ultimately stops nothing.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •